Poll

Allow ladders on siege?

Yes
No

Author Topic: Requiem for a Siege  (Read 2010 times)

Offline Swaggart

• Earl
  • Renown: 481
  • Infamy: 92
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: Requiem for a Siege
« Reply #15 on: November 13, 2014, 04:18:47 am »
If I wanted to sit around doing nothing most of the time, I'd play Battle.

Right. This from the game mode where you often hear "just camp the flag for easy win."

Offline Jona

• Balancer
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 376
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • OG Agi Whore
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Hounds of Chulainn
  • Game nicks: Jona, Siegafried
« Reply #16 on: November 13, 2014, 07:33:19 am »
Right. This from the game mode where you often hear "just camp the flag for easy win."

If this is actually what everyone did then yes, you would be sitting on a flag for most of the time or running towards it, doing "nothing." However, any defense team that never once engaged the enemy until they were at the flag are sure to lose very quickly, hence this never actually happens. Even when a clan gets on defense and decides to "camp the flag" they are spread out all over the map, engaged at multiple points, while only a few stay at the flag. Playing defense means you have to slow up the attackers as much as possible... you don't do that by sitting still. All similarly uneducated in the ways of siege were pretty damn funny when they showed up last night, I must say. Shouts of "wtf, no valor!" were particularly humorous whenever a tryhard lost his multi.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

"I'll have my lance aimed at Jona's knees and he'll jump up, run up my lance and kill me." -Dalfador

Offline Umbra

• King
  • Renown: 1299
  • Infamy: 162
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Krems, Freak Army of Gnjus
  • Game nicks: Umbra
« Reply #17 on: November 13, 2014, 02:11:25 pm »
If they gave you back ladders, after being shot the 10th time by unreachable roof monkey ranged, and ninja flag cap abuse, you would come crying back here asking them to remove.

They were removed for good reason.

Offline dreadnok

• Marshall
  • Renown: 838
  • Infamy: 562
  • cRPG Player
  • fuck these jerkoff kids
    • View Profile
  • Faction: KBW<MB<SoW
  • Game nicks: Gorp_The_Gorger
« Reply #18 on: November 13, 2014, 02:16:15 pm »
dreadnok found us, ABANDON THREAD

but its a siege thread, and i lived on siege :(

Offline Prinz_Karl

• Earl
  • Renown: 383
  • Infamy: 112
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HRE
  • Game nicks: Fridericus_II
« Reply #19 on: November 13, 2014, 04:15:45 pm »
Trying them out for like one week would be fun, but it will soon remind everyone how abusable they have been. I remember maps where attackers won like EVERYTIME because of ladders, like the map with palms and those 2 concentric wall circles around the flag. It was also fun, but only for a short time.

Offline Angantyr

• King
  • Renown: 1134
  • Infamy: 130
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 13, 2014, 04:51:43 pm »
Ladders (and every other construction really) added to the 'engineering' and 'city under siege' feel of the game mode, but as also unbalancing most maps perhaps add them but with a max limit? I personally miss defenders running around and trying to block attackers off with construction materials while attackers hack their way through them, and fierce fights setting off spontaneously in random often elevated parts of the castle because of these whole ramparts made of multiple ladders, without the x stack putting up two ladders in a weak point and claiming the castle within the first minute. I know even a few ladders would probably unbalance most current maps, but I still can't help missing them.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2014, 07:45:49 pm by Angantyr »

Offline Phew

• Marshall
  • Renown: 775
  • Infamy: 132
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Phew_XVI
« Reply #21 on: November 13, 2014, 06:40:13 pm »
I know even a few ladders would probably unbalance most current maps, but I still can't help missing them.

Maybe we should have a "Siege Ladder" event for a week or weekend so people can purge their nostalgia for ladders and be reminded of all the exploits that ladders enabled. But again, I'd rather they improve the xp/gold rewards on siege first.

Offline Horns_Archive

• Earl
  • Renown: 439
  • Infamy: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 14, 2014, 02:19:41 am »
This topic is pretty much pointless at this point. Fips ain't going to do shit and he is the person to get through for this to happen (its a map thing not a game mechanic thing). I wanted ladders back in siege because NA siege is a piece of SHIT and ladders were fun when they were in siege (not battle, you are just asking for abuse and is why they were removed to begin with). Ladders were never abused in siege, this includes the people that got ninja flag capped. If you got ninja capped on a server with a decent population by one person with a ladder that's on you. It literally takes one person to defend the flag and call for help, but that is apparently too hard. I believe siege's (in NA) down fall was when people stopped using teamwork and only cared about being a hero. Why do you think KUTT rolled the siege server? It's not because they are all heroes (though some of you are damn good), its because they used teamwork. Locking thread because Fips has a mangina.