Author Topic: Can't connect to server  (Read 2656 times)

Offline Nessaj

• King
  • Renown: 1399
  • Infamy: 176
  • cRPG Player Madam Black Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • ▃ ▅ ▅ ▅ ▄ ▅ ▇ ▅ ▄ ▅ ▇
    • View Profile
    • Vanguard
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Vanguard_Cooties
  • IRC nick: Nessaj
Re: Can't connect to server
« Reply #30 on: November 10, 2014, 03:24:31 am »
and you're editing rgl_config.txt? Not rgl_log.txt

rgl_config can located in:

C:\Users\(username)\AppData\Roaming\Mount&Blade Warband\
C:\Users\(username)\Documents\Mount&Blade Warband\

Some OS has two (w7) it seems.

Also if it was already set to 0 when the issue happened change it to 1 instead and see what happens.

You did double check by disabling all anti malware/virus and firewalls? Not to mention windows firewall it self (if it's on you should check the allowed list too).

Enable the crpg_launcher + mb_warband.exe as Administrators by right clicking on them -> properties -> compatibility -> run this program as administrator.

Try a full reinstall of everything, warband + crpg.

This thread might have some additional solutions.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2014, 03:57:57 am by Nessaj »
Things don't exist simply because you believe in them, thus sayeth the almighty creature in the sky!

Offline Draakon

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 10, 2014, 07:04:34 am »
and you're editing rgl_config.txt? Not rgl_log.txt

rgl_config can located in:

C:\Users\(username)\AppData\Roaming\Mount&Blade Warband\
C:\Users\(username)\Documents\Mount&Blade Warband\

I have rgl_config in My Documents and rgl_log in game folder. Only rgl_config for classic M&B can be found in AppData/Roaming
Some OS has two (w7) it seems.

Also if it was already set to 0 when the issue happened change it to 1 instead and see what happens.

I tried it. Yes, it's alredy been set to 0 by default.

You did double check by disabling all anti malware/virus and firewalls? Not to mention windows firewall it self (if it's on you should check the allowed list too).

Yes, i put M&B:W on trusted list. It's same even when antivirus is off.

Enable the crpg_launcher + mb_warband.exe as Administrators by right clicking on them -> properties -> compatibility -> run this program as administrator.

There is no point, actually, because my account configured to have admin access right by default, just for such cases. But i tryed it anyway, just to be sure, nothing change.

Try a full reinstall of everything, warband + crpg.

I not sure there is point, in it, reinstalling warband, i mean, because sometimes, than EU and China servers is empty and only half of normal numbers players in game, just like now, i can connect pretty easy. In game now. But what gonna be 3 hours later?

This thread might have some additional solutions.

Nope i... Wait, i just remembered that I really have additional defence inbuilt in router, gonna try switch it off. It never hinder me before, i almost always connected first for almost any online servers, in any game,  by the fact. I gonna write result couple of hours later.

P.S.
It's helped, i think.

P.P.S.
Nope, problem returned again  :cry:
« Last Edit: November 10, 2014, 05:35:56 pm by Draakon »
Not to know is bad, not to wish to know is much worse.

Offline Nessaj

• King
  • Renown: 1399
  • Infamy: 176
  • cRPG Player Madam Black Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • ▃ ▅ ▅ ▅ ▄ ▅ ▇ ▅ ▄ ▅ ▇
    • View Profile
    • Vanguard
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Vanguard_Cooties
  • IRC nick: Nessaj
« Reply #32 on: November 11, 2014, 11:27:49 am »
(click to show/hide)
P.S.
It's helped, i think.

P.P.S.
Nope, problem returned again  :cry:

I'm not sure if it has something to do with TW's authentication system given I see a lot of threads about this type of issue around steam and official forums, or if it might be some sort of routing issue with your ISP etc :/

I would recommend trying to reinstall all of it though, warband + crpg. That's what a lot did in those threads and it did seem to help (who knows if some file is "corrupted" etc via an update). Also if you got steam, perhaps try the regular client that doesn't use steam, see if it might do any difference.
Things don't exist simply because you believe in them, thus sayeth the almighty creature in the sky!

Offline Draakon

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 11, 2014, 09:25:01 pm »
I would recommend trying to reinstall all of it though, warband + crpg.

I not sure, but there is now more than 120 players ang game work (even parallel to torrent and steam).
Not know yet if it is 'stable' result or just coincidence. In any case, thank you.

--------
Problem returned(
« Last Edit: November 13, 2014, 03:17:05 pm by Draakon »
Not to know is bad, not to wish to know is much worse.