Author Topic: End of Round Crashing  (Read 278 times)

Offline SerButts

• Noble
  • Renown: 14
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: BumTickley, SerButts
End of Round Crashing
« on: October 18, 2014, 12:37:33 am »
I just did a clean install of Windows 7 about a week ago on a new HDD and one of the first things I did was install Warband/cRPG. Since then, I've been getting repeated end of round crashes. Sometimes it'll happen after 3-4 rounds, and other times right after the first one; more importantly, it all happens in the exact same manner: the cheering animation will start, and then the game will immediately lock-up, followed by a CTD. There's no error message other than a warband.exe has stopped working. Map changes seem to be unaffected. I've tried reinstalling the game and mod twice, but the problem still subsists. I had initially imported my old profile.dat file, but removing it in subsequent reinstalls had no effect on the crashing. I'm also using MMS and the most recent compatible sounds.txt file (over two months old at this point).

I'd also like to note that the problem seems to get resolved whenever I use WSE2, but for various reasons that's not a tenable alternative for me right now.

Another thing to note is that my rgl_log seems to be incomplete, as it abruptly ends after processing the ini file. I can only speculate that it has something to do with the crashing.

(click to show/hide)