Author Topic: BAN Mapal_the_Mercenary  (Read 405 times)

Offline Daunt_Flockula

• Marshall
  • Renown: 870
  • Infamy: 71
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook
  • Step aside peasants!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Pixel Paladins
  • Game nicks: Cock_Blockula Kunt_Blockula Daunt_Flockula
BAN Mapal_the_Mercenary
« on: September 09, 2014, 06:00:51 pm »
1. Name of your character involved: Cock_Blockula
2. Name of offending character(s): Mapal_the_Mercenary
3. Time and server, as accurately as possible: EU_2 at around 3:40 pm GMT
4. Written description of what happened, the whole story. Also what happened before and after: Very soon after I enter the server (attacking side), I go to this flag door and see there are 2 siege shields already placed right on the door. We break them. And as we start working on the door, there comes two more right on the door. I discover it is this Mapal guy. Well, that map ended soon after that and I warned him about that he should stop, it is forbidden and that I'd take it to a ban thread if he kept on (I don't have screens of that instance but of the next map). Correct me if I'm wrong. You are supposed to not overuse or abuse throwable sige items, are you? Especially if it is a choke point, you are supposed to use only one, aren't you? He kept telling me that he can do it legitly to defend his flag. It went on and on. Meanwhile we are on this next map. I am on the attacking side again and this guy is literally building a wall of siege shields in front of the flag. It appears that he doesn't give a shit.
5. Why you think the offender did what he did.*: Obviously to get unfair advantage (he did little useless fighting, probably only to die and return with new siege shields to spam around).
6. Multiple Screenshots:
(click to show/hide)
7. Names of players who witnessed what happened.**: Everyone else on the server pretty much witnessed my warnings and drama (as some like to call it).

Well, this has been happening a lot. Some people specifically specialize on not fighting at all but merely throwing siege items around to endlessly block attackers. It is utterly disturbing. And I am also sick of being called drama queen by some specific morons because of this. I have seen admins kick and ban overusers while they are online (which is totally good practice), but these ban requests are usely closed with warnings. Please make an example of someone already. I have seen many (and I mean "many") rounds lost because of these retarded item spammers. This one uses siege shields, others prefer stakes. They even throw them right at your face to stop a critical charge of attackers. This has gotta stop. Doesn't it? If I am really exaggerating, if I am really being a drama queen with these retards, explicitly tell me that and I will shut the fuck up, knowing that such abuse is alright. Otherwise, show these idiots that this can't be tolerated. Thank you for reading and any incoming response in advance.

Offline Uther Pendragon

• King
  • Renown: 1253
  • Infamy: 133
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • EX Head of EU and NA admin teams
    • View Profile
    • Strategus Guide
  • Faction: Stromgarde
  • Game nicks: Uthyr Pendraeg, Uthyr, mr fucking dtv hero admin, Stromgarde_Uthyr_Pendraeg
  • IRC nick: Something along those lines above
Re: BAN Mapal_the_Mercenary
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2014, 07:52:03 pm »
From the official server rules.

No siege equipment spam
OK: Planting ladders to get to roofs or walls
OK: Blocking a door with a construction site
OK: Planting siege shields to provide cover from ranged fire
NOT OK: Creating a weapon rack and spawning more than a few items to block movement

This case falls under the "movement blocking" part, but since he didn't spawn an Equipment Chest, he could only bring stuff on his respawn, so it was not that critically spammy.

Did he spawn with any weapons or only the siege equipment?
Nemo prudens punit, quia peccatum est, sed ne peccetur.
I (used to) manage character issues, reverting, restoring and fixing related mistakes and some other stuff. Feel free to message if you encounter a problem.
He's not the hero DTV deserves but he's the one they need.

Offline Daunt_Flockula

• Marshall
  • Renown: 870
  • Infamy: 71
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook
  • Step aside peasants!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Pixel Paladins
  • Game nicks: Cock_Blockula Kunt_Blockula Daunt_Flockula
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2014, 08:41:16 pm »
I don't want to lie about this one. If I remember correctly, yes, he had a 1h weapon. But all he did was get himself killed and come up with fresh ones. Anyway, you see what he did. He literally created a wall there. Attackers had to just make considerable extra effort to get to the flag.

And although I can't prove it with screenshots, he blocked a destructible door with 2 siege shields twice (a total of 4 siege shields) in the previous map. He took it overboard in brief.

Offline Uther Pendragon

• King
  • Renown: 1253
  • Infamy: 133
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • EX Head of EU and NA admin teams
    • View Profile
    • Strategus Guide
  • Faction: Stromgarde
  • Game nicks: Uthyr Pendraeg, Uthyr, mr fucking dtv hero admin, Stromgarde_Uthyr_Pendraeg
  • IRC nick: Something along those lines above
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2014, 09:49:27 pm »
He didn't spawn a equipment chest to my knowledge, but he definetly overdid those siege shields there a "bit".

Banned for 1 day. There is a slight difference between helping your team and blocking the way for everyone. But since it is his first ban, if he applies for a quicker unban, he may get it.
Nemo prudens punit, quia peccatum est, sed ne peccetur.
I (used to) manage character issues, reverting, restoring and fixing related mistakes and some other stuff. Feel free to message if you encounter a problem.
He's not the hero DTV deserves but he's the one they need.