Author Topic: Retierment..help!  (Read 646 times)

Offline Christopher_Robin

• Noble
  • Renown: 18
  • Infamy: 3
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Retierment..help!
« on: September 17, 2014, 07:32:23 am »
+1
Hey, I'm going to retier to get a heirloom point.
I know that I can use the heirloom point to reinforce my armour or weapon, but I have questions because I don't want to do stuff I will regret.

Is the heirloompoint retrievable after you have used it? Lets say I use it on my chest armour, then I regret it and want to use it on another piece of armour or weapon.
I want to have a masterwork Katana and a reiforced chest piece, wich means I have to retier twice, but if I retier twice I lose my loompoint I got from the first retierment???

About retierment in general, do I lose all gold, armour and character? Should I transfer my gold to another character before retierment? How do I go about it?

Offline Huscarlton_Banks

• Earl
  • Renown: 404
  • Infamy: 15
  • cRPG Player
  • Blatant nudge spammer
    • View Profile
Re: Retierment..help!
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2014, 08:00:28 am »
You keep everything except your level when you retire.

You can't take an heirloom point back after using it.

Blacksmith services allows you to make two loompoints out of a +3 item, but you have to buy it from auction.

Heirloom exchange allows you to get a +3 item from another +3 item, but you have to buy it from auction.

Offline Christopher_Robin

• Noble
  • Renown: 18
  • Infamy: 3
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2014, 08:24:09 am »
Oh okay, so if I reinforce my chest armour (light kuyak) after this retierment I keep it after the next retierment and then I can make a masterwork Katana.

Okay, I understand now. Thank you my good sir!

Offline HappyPhantom

• Earl
  • Renown: 440
  • Infamy: 74
  • cRPG Player
  • Pew pew, your face!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Dracul, Always Take the Shot.
  • Game nicks: HappyPhantom, Marys of the Sea, Ancient of Mu Mu.
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2014, 09:26:11 am »
Two options with your first loompoint:

1) Sell it on the market for $$. This will set you up if you find yourself losing money all the time. May not be worth it with current price of loom points these days.

2) Keep it. Earn your second loom point. Use your two loom points and some $$ to buy a +3 on the market, rather than wasting 3 loom points on a +3 yourself, you get a +3 item for only 2 looms.
"Darklands" - The greatest game you never played: now on Steam http://store.steampowered.com/app/327930 | http://www.darklands.net/index.shtml
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Viriathus

• Count
  • Renown: 273
  • Infamy: 23
  • cRPG Player
  • !TI SLLIW DOG
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Crusader_Alliance
  • Game nicks: Templar_Viriathus
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2014, 10:04:18 am »
If I was you, i would save two loompoints, and farm gold until i could afford a MW weapon. a danish greatword or something usefull.

Offline Lennu

• Marshall
  • Renown: 774
  • Infamy: 94
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Lennu
  • IRC nick: Lennu_
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2014, 11:50:44 am »
+2
If you use 1 loompoint on a katana, it will become tempered katana. To get it masterwork, you'll have to use 3 loompoints. So to get masterwork katana (aka +3 katana) and a +3 armor, you'll need 6 loompoints.

And before you use your loompoint on any item, check the Marketplace. Right now there is 1 person selling a +1 katana for 230k gold. And MANY people are buying loompoints for at least 270k gold.
So you can sell your loompoint for 270k, and buy a +1 katana for 230k. This way you'll make some profit AND get the items you want.

To make it clear:
Each item can be upgraded 3 times. Each time consumes a loompoint. Rank "masterwork" for example is the best highest level of upgrade, so to get that you'll have to use 3 loompoints on an item. You can check what bonuses the items get from these upgrade by for example clicking the item's picture on the Shop page.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2014, 11:58:59 am by Lennu »

Offline Macropus

• King
  • Renown: 1668
  • Infamy: 296
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Macropus
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2014, 12:39:39 pm »
You can easily buy a +3 Katana for 2 loompoints + a bit of gold, so no, don't use your loompoint, wait till you get two of them and then buy a masterwork item.