Author Topic: how 2 git gud  (Read 988 times)

Offline Screaming Idiot

• Duke
  • Renown: 517
  • Infamy: 27
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Hounds of Chulainn
  • Game nicks: HoC_Screaming_Idiot
how 2 git gud
« on: July 25, 2014, 09:47:54 pm »
+1
So I've always been really bad with cRPG and  I haven't found anyone willing to practice with me for some time. I suck dick, literally and figuratively in this game, and would like to remove the latter by staying under the wing of a good clan for a while.

So, suggestions? If I like the clan, I can make nice donations to their bank and armory due to the large amount of shekels I possess.

Offline Grumbs

• طالبان
  • King
  • Renown: 1170
  • Infamy: 617
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Re: how 2 git gud
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2014, 12:53:48 am »
+7
I think part of the problem is you switch class a lot. Pick something, one class, one build, one weapon and learn to play with that until you stop being bad with it. Just practice and learn from mistakes. If you die you should be able to pin point what you could have done better and do it next time. Don't be too hardcore with practising. The more you enjoy it, the more you play, the better you will get. I think its probably unreasonable to expect to be more than just competent at this game now. People have years of a headstart on you, and even they are still improving

Go on duel for practicing 1v1 and blocking, but don't think you have to get good at that. I'd say you can actually be fairly bad at 1v1 and still do quite well on battle if you learn to team play, and that is something you will get just from playing battle and knowing when to push, when to retreat, when you're strong when you're weak etc. Getting in a clan might help with team play and you might get someone to tell you were you're going wrong
If you have ranged troubles use this:

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Huscarlton_Banks

• Earl
  • Renown: 404
  • Infamy: 15
  • cRPG Player
  • Blatant nudge spammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2014, 01:13:24 am »
+3
Take illegal/prescription stimulants so that enemy attacks seem to move slower.

Like Grumbs said, the key is being consistent with what you play with so that you can get a bit of muscle memory and a more accurate internal feeling about your character's weapon reach/weapon speed/run speed.

The other option is play builds that give you more leeway for error, like high agi builds that are fast enough to disengage from combat without too much blocking, high str/ironflesh/armor builds that let you take a lot of hits from agi builds with cut weapons, or a shielder build if played extremely conservatively.

I'm willing to practice with you when I'm free, but I don't get much time off nowadays.

As far as a clan goes, go with whoever seems friendly and active during your playtime. Though there are some advantages in ramboing/skirmishing with some builds, teamwork is always a very effective force multiplier, even for beginners and average players as long as there is good leadership and real cooperation. Plus battles get a bit more fun if you all screw around in the same way together.

Offline Screaming Idiot

• Duke
  • Renown: 517
  • Infamy: 27
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Hounds of Chulainn
  • Game nicks: HoC_Screaming_Idiot
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2014, 04:13:47 am »
+1
Take illegal/prescription stimulants so that enemy attacks seem to move slower.

I thought that was the standard for everyone on NA1 or the entirety of duel servers.

Thanks for the suggestions. I guess I have bounced on builds far too much to learn them, but just relaxing and consuming more illegal/prescription stimulants makes even playing as a rock-eating [P]easant an enjoyable experience.

I was thinking of maybe joining the Crusaders of Acre since they seem fairly active and nice and also because King James and WITCHCRAFT comissioned portraits from me and gave me lods of emone, along with the fact that I am acquaintanced with King James and a few other members.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2014, 04:19:52 am by Screaming Idiot »

Offline WITCHCRAFT

• Highborn
  • King
  • Renown: 2174
  • Infamy: 227
  • cRPG Player Madam Black Queen
  • get hexed
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: WITCHCRAFT, A_Hot_Elf_Princess, Yurnero_of_the_High_Plains, and secret alts
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2014, 07:05:02 am »
+1
The reason i initially joined acre was that they sometimes do tactics on NA 1. My favorite part of strat battles is the concerted fighting were everyone works together.

HoC does teamwork tactics in NA 1 too, but have not been that active lately. When they show up though, they do some damn good teamwork.

irl something shorted on the shuttle and laika overheated and died within a few hours of liftoff and for a brief while one could look up to the stars and see a light shooting across the sky that was actually a warm dog corpse slingshoting about the earth at thousands of miles per hour which was arguably humanity's greatest achievement so far

Offline Utrakil

• Marshall
  • Renown: 885
  • Infamy: 182
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Randwig; Gerwin; Marketenderin; Fletcher
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2014, 12:18:45 pm »
+1
To practice at duellserver it helps me to bring 2 practice swords (or staffs). so you can drop one for your opponent. this leads to much longer duells and is less frustrating because you dont die after 1 or 2 hits.

Offline Tojo

• Earl
  • Renown: 490
  • Infamy: 84
  • cRPG Player
  • Long Live NA_1
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Krems, HoC, Acre, MB, HG, Beserks
  • Game nicks: _Tojo, Drew_Brees, Tijo
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2014, 01:44:22 pm »
My clan is willing to teach you some tips and tricks for classes. however, if you wanted to loom crutch our armory is not as big as others...

Or just message me on steam Tojo (I have a shark coming out of lava for the image)

Offline Byrdi

• Earl
  • Renown: 489
  • Infamy: 59
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Byrdi, Swiss Chocolate, and lots of other alts
  • IRC nick: Byrdi
« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2014, 03:07:48 pm »
Go to the duel server and practise. Its by far the fastest way to learn anything in this game.

Offline Qoray

• Baron
  • Renown: 135
  • Infamy: 33
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2014, 09:19:19 pm »
also don't get frustrated if you loose to better players u can only get better by playing against them killing peasant wont help much :D

Offline MURDERTRON

• King
  • Renown: 1337
  • Infamy: 428
    • View Profile
  • Faction: TRUMP / WEST 2020
« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2014, 07:12:30 am »
+1
Tactics:  running in with plate and swinging wildly while looking down
▀█▀▒█▀█▒█▒█▒█▒▒▒█▒█▀█▒▒█▀█▒█▀█▒█▀█▒█▀█▒█