Author Topic: What gear should I invest in?  (Read 747 times)

Offline Breidr

• Baron
  • Renown: 123
  • Infamy: 9
  • cRPG Player
  • Stand Tall! Shieldwall!
    • View Profile
    • Breidr's Twitch TV Channel
  • Faction: Highest Bidder
  • Game nicks: Breidr
  • IRC nick: Breidr
What gear should I invest in?
« on: July 10, 2014, 08:29:04 am »
Currently stockpiling points and grinding my eyeballs out (read: playing a lot, and dying a lot, but having fun!)

I wanted to start investing my wealth into gear but I'm not sure what I should look for on the marketplace.  The two character types I'm interested in playing are one-handed shield and two-handed/polearm. 

I was curious what the community thought would be the best investment for a new player.  Currently I have Lordly Mail Gauntlets and am coming up on another 2 points, so I will be in the market to make another purchase.

Offline Switchtense

• King
  • Renown: 1137
  • Infamy: 137
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • poking you where the sun dont shine!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Unicorns, BIRD CLAN BEST CLAN!
  • Game nicks: All sorts of Switch's
  • IRC nick: Switchtense
Re: What gear should I invest in?
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2014, 08:38:10 am »
A weapon definitely since you already have gauntlets.

Which is totally up to you.

Respec your STF to 1h, 2h and polearm for a day each and see which suits you best. For polearm you can actually go 2 days, since you can try 4 directional polearms and stabby polearms seperately. (I personally prefer pokey polearms over swinging ones)

Which weapon you should go for totally depends on your build and playstyle.
For all the non-believers, look no further than this thread for proof that while strat battles are won/lost in NA3/EU3, strat wars are won and lost on the forums.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Noodlenrice

• Count
  • Renown: 280
  • Infamy: 44
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Black Bastards
  • Game nicks: Noodlenrice
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2014, 09:02:32 am »
1. Do what switch said.

2. For which ever on that you prefer, find a good deal for that weapon. Never overpay because you want the weapon bad. You can check how a weapon has been selling in statistics by the way. Good luck jewing.

Offline Switchtense

• King
  • Renown: 1137
  • Infamy: 137
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • poking you where the sun dont shine!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Unicorns, BIRD CLAN BEST CLAN!
  • Game nicks: All sorts of Switch's
  • IRC nick: Switchtense
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2014, 09:11:15 am »
Oh and never accept an offer on the marektplace. Be patient, put up your own offer and wait for it to be accepted.
Might take a while but you save a lot of gold that way.
For all the non-believers, look no further than this thread for proof that while strat battles are won/lost in NA3/EU3, strat wars are won and lost on the forums.

Offline WITCHCRAFT

• Highborn
  • King
  • Renown: 2174
  • Infamy: 227
  • cRPG Player Madam Black Queen
  • get hexed
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: WITCHCRAFT, A_Hot_Elf_Princess, Yurnero_of_the_High_Plains, and secret alts
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2014, 04:51:40 am »
Gloves are the most versastile, good to get them first. I'd get a weapon next - killing faster is more fun than dieing slower. And weapons are (in my experience) much easier to trade and swap around than armor is. Will change your playstyle much more than swapping armors as well.

irl something shorted on the shuttle and laika overheated and died within a few hours of liftoff and for a brief while one could look up to the stars and see a light shooting across the sky that was actually a warm dog corpse slingshoting about the earth at thousands of miles per hour which was arguably humanity's greatest achievement so far

Offline Rico

• King
  • Renown: 1021
  • Infamy: 158
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Rico, Mila
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2014, 05:13:38 am »
+3
With 2LP and 50k gold, you can demand almost every +3 weapon, and someone will accept it if you wait a bit. If waiting is fine, you can save a lot of gold this way.
Streaming cRPG, Supreme Commander and Age of Empires II on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/HeavenTV

Offline Joseph Porta

• King
  • Renown: 1029
  • Infamy: 234
  • cRPG Player
  • (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻. take all my upvotes! Part-time retard
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild Enthousiast,
  • Game nicks: Wy can't I upvote my own posts, Im a fucken genius, yo.
  • IRC nick: Joseph_Porta
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2014, 01:08:58 pm »
+1
To everyone his own, though I have always looked upon looms a little differently.

I have always favoured to loom items that give a direct change to the gameplay, like horses - go faster, shields - massive durability increase. And that kind of stuff. Items that directly influence gameplay mechanics always felt more rewarding to me compared to your characters survivability.

Just felt like sharing this, but what the previous people mentioned is probably way smarter to do..  :mrgreen:
I loot corpses of their golden teeth.
But he'll be around somewhere between Heaven and The Devil, because neither of them will take him in, and he'll be farting loudly and singing a filthy song.

i'll be there at around
chadztime™