Author Topic: weshould.servebeer/papasmurf.bounceme address change  (Read 582 times)

Offline Pappy

• Baron
  • Renown: 115
  • Infamy: 11
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: FIDLGB
  • Game nicks: Papasmurf_FIDLGB
weshould.servebeer/papasmurf.bounceme address change
« on: July 01, 2014, 06:58:14 pm »
+4
The dynamic DNS server I use to track my IP for the multiclan Teamspeak has lost its domains to microsoft https://www.noip.com/blog/2014/06/30/ips-formal-statement-microsoft-takedown/   and thus.. I lost mine. The new stupid address for the meantime is wtf.webhop.me
« Last Edit: July 01, 2014, 07:27:13 pm by Pappy »

Offline Radament

• King
  • Renown: 1071
  • Infamy: 64
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • ☑Yes ☒No
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Faction
  • Game nicks: «Radament» «Miasma»
Re: weshould.servebeer/papasmurf.bounceme address change
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2014, 09:00:41 pm »
R.I.P. No-Ip , i had good times using it  :mrgreen:.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Pappy

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2014, 11:02:59 pm »
+2
no-ip still lives, they just lost 22 of their cool IP's and were left with shit. Supposedly the cool IPs supposed to work, and its been verified sometimes they do.. but most the time they dont. This is what NoIP said about it. 
"We have been in contact with Microsoft today. They claim that their intent is to only filter out the known bad hostnames in each seized domain, while continuing to allow the good hostnames to resolve. However, this is not happening. Apparently, the Microsoft infrastructure is not able to handle the billions of queries from our customers. Millions of innocent users are experiencing outages to their services because of Microsoft’s attempt to remediate hostnames associated with a few bad actors."

Offline Radament

• King
  • Renown: 1071
  • Infamy: 64
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • ☑Yes ☒No
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Faction
  • Game nicks: «Radament» «Miasma»
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2014, 01:44:46 am »
no-ip still lives, they just lost 22 of their cool IP's and were left with shit. Supposedly the cool IPs supposed to work, and its been verified sometimes they do.. but most the time they dont. This is what NoIP said about it. 
"We have been in contact with Microsoft today. They claim that their intent is to only filter out the known bad hostnames in each seized domain, while continuing to allow the good hostnames to resolve. However, this is not happening. Apparently, the Microsoft infrastructure is not able to handle the billions of queries from our customers. Millions of innocent users are experiencing outages to their services because of Microsoft’s attempt to remediate hostnames associated with a few bad actors."

that sucks , i know it's difficult to search for the bad users but why locking all the ip that the majority is using? it's like "Kill all Colombians because of drug dealers"
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Pappy

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2014, 05:20:27 am »
+1
Yeah I hope microsoft dies of aids and its grandma gets cancer, because this is pretty crazy they can get away with hijacking 22 domains on such thin pretenses