Fuck that
13 (54.2%)
Yes
11 (45.8%)
I think I have a better idea
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 24

Voting closed: July 10, 2012, 12:47:57 am

Author Topic: Generation requirement for strategus and performance requirement for AI battles  (Read 783 times)

Offline Noctivagant

• Earl
  • Renown: 470
  • Infamy: 162
  • cRPG Player
  • I solve practical problems
    • View Profile
    • I never drank a six pack of warm beer
  • Faction: Mercenaries
Bored of randomers applying for AI battles and ruining it for everyone? (teamkilling friendlies, jumping out of the castle, falling from everywhere)

here is the suggestion : generation requirement (since crpg grind is required to grind in strategus why not?)

I think 3 is not a far fetched number. It allows the player gain required experience in both siege and battle servers and it saves the player from getting insulted in a strat battle.
But usually randomers apply for AI battles since only requirement (seems like) is level (which is stupid) Siege equipment and material also should require generation so newbies can't waste these stuff. Generation 5 maybe I don't know.

Performance requirement :
Example : my performance was 9 last week reliability 10, I got drunk last Monday and screwed up big time therefore I should not be allowed in AI battles until I hit 5 again. Same goes for these randomers, someone who used to run around with heavy armor shield and a bow should not be allowed to participate in an AI battle until he learns how to play.

I've tried to keep it as simple as possible, most of you know these scenarios, excuse my language and simplicity.

Cheers.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Haboe

• King
  • Renown: 1090
  • Infamy: 331
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Born with a shield on my back. Difficult birth.
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Merc_Haboe
Agreed, good idea.

1 thing though, if a player get his performance down to like 3, and cant fight in ai battles, how do they get it back up to 5+?

Offline Noctivagant

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
how do they get it back up to 5+?

Faction Battles

Offline Herkkutatti666

• Duke
  • Renown: 585
  • Infamy: 285
  • cRPG Player
  • Rips pärs
    • View Profile
someone who used to run around with heavy armor shield and a bow should not be allowed to participate in an AI battle until he learns how to play.
Strat is dead.

Offline Torben

• King
  • Renown: 2011
  • Infamy: 352
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • still prepare to get sexed
    • View Profile
  • Faction: by my overly nerfed heavy lance.
I dont see strat as an only pro show.  I get that randomers fuck up a lot of things,  but its part of the experience to start off like that.  However generation requirement on siegeequippment is nice.
Yes, I know from whence I came! Discontented as a flame, Upon myself I live and glow. All I grasp like lightning flashes, All I leave behind is ashes
Flame I am - that much I know!

Offline PanPan

• Baron
  • Renown: 98
  • Infamy: 70
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Maybe the factions set requirements? Gen and lvl?

Offline Smoothrich

• King
  • Renown: 1558
  • Infamy: 986
  • cRPG Player
  • #manup @bigplays
    • View Profile
Adding generation requirements to anything is an awful idea, there are some highly skilled veteran players who are still gen 1, also playing a strat battle is a great way for a noobie to get XP or see a whole different more organized side of the game that might interest them.  Barring them access only limits the mod and its playerbase even further.

You are trying to fix a problem (griefing AI sieges on defense) but in doing this solution you would punish the much, much larger amount of players who have never done anything wrong.
My posting is like a katana folded 1000 times to perfection.. and the community is what keeps the edge sharp.. and bloody.  -  Me.

Offline Noctivagant

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
How about :

Commander application for AI battles?
lets say 10 commanders apply to defend and AI fief against a faction :

his duty is coming up with a strategy&roster and gathering people in one TS. That would solve a lot of problems. If there is no commander application battle proceed exactly like how it is now. Another skill bar could be added too

Reliability
Performance
Commanding

Only problem with this is : for example I'd sign up against Crusader alliance when they are taking a neutral fief and screw the whole battle up. Atm friendly factions are signing up against each other to make things a bit easier for their friends so, some form of coalition system could be required too.

Offline Smoothrich

• King
  • Renown: 1558
  • Infamy: 986
  • cRPG Player
  • #manup @bigplays
    • View Profile
I don't want to see neutral siege defenses become clan only circle jerks that bar new or less known players entirely, the hiring process is fine now (whatever it is).  Neutral siege defense is a chance for anyone to try out strat and get XP or have fun, it doesn't require mandatory teamspeak either.  Siege defense is simple as shit anyways:  Defend the gatehouse!  Defend the right wall!  Etc.

Someone griefing or teamkilling or wasting construction sites should be banned out of the battle and if possible it would be nice if admins could make a note that the hiring AI reads next time that they griefed/got banned and removes them from the hiring pool for a couple weeks.  Automatic flag that they were banned during a strat battle or something.

Also it can be hard for admins to handle things during a strat battle because if you're signed up for battle, you can't switch to spectate, so someone needs to actually be spectating the game.  Maybe a toggle for this to check out problem makers would be good for admins to have too.

My posting is like a katana folded 1000 times to perfection.. and the community is what keeps the edge sharp.. and bloody.  -  Me.

Offline Noctivagant

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
No neutrality=No fun for anyone, faction or factionless

Offline Haboe

• King
  • Renown: 1090
  • Infamy: 331
  • Born with a shield on my back. Difficult birth.
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Merc_Haboe
I don't want to see neutral siege defenses become clan only circle jerks that bar new or less known players entirely, the hiring process is fine now (whatever it is).  Neutral siege defense is a chance for anyone to try out strat and get XP or have fun, it doesn't require mandatory teamspeak either.  Siege defense is simple as shit anyways:  Defend the gatehouse!  Defend the right wall!  Etc.

Someone griefing or teamkilling or wasting construction sites should be banned out of the battle and if possible it would be nice if admins could make a note that the hiring AI reads next time that they griefed/got banned and removes them from the hiring pool for a couple weeks.  Automatic flag that they were banned during a strat battle or something.

Also it can be hard for admins to handle things during a strat battle because if you're signed up for battle, you can't switch to spectate, so someone needs to actually be spectating the game.  Maybe a toggle for this to check out problem makers would be good for admins to have too.

The problem is that griefing/ wasting construction sites is hard to discover. If someone places a weaponrack on a frequently attacked wall i'd say its knowingly wasting a consite. Others might say its good for archers to quickly get ammo again... I ve seen catapults being build in teh middle of the front wall, siege towers half finished in the courtyard and tents on the most vunurable spots.

Id almost say make a group of veteran "engineers" and give only them the ability to use construction materials. Give that group a few captains to sort things out, and those who want can apply for it, and need to show that they have at least some skills if it comes to placement...

Offline LordRichrich

• Count
  • Renown: 297
  • Infamy: 115
    • View Profile
Gen req? Hell no. I've been playing this mod for about 2 years, I've only ever gened up ONCE. And ALL of my current chars, not one of them is over lvl 25. So just because i get bored of playstyles quickly means I can't play a lot of the strat battles? Bit unfair imo