Author Topic: My idea about a possible solution agints shielders and delayers.  (Read 3813 times)

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
Re: My idea about a possible solution agints shielders and delayers.
« Reply #30 on: May 19, 2011, 09:03:41 pm »
You didn't use the epic facehugging ability of 1 handers then. A pick/huscarl combo can eat a lots of bad guys at once without any problem. Am I just hallucinating when I see 30/4 one hander stats on the screen?

I did use the epic face hugging, just one of them spin thrust around me to my left and one more slipped past me to my right and well behind me.

Backpedaling is significantly slower then five rushing lunatics with swords, especially if three of them stagger swing to keep your attention on constant block and the other two rush at you.

Am I hallucinating when I see Cyranule (A 2Her) or any other play with similar scores like 30/4 on the screen? I think not, perhaps that is instead the skill of said person and a dose of luck helping along.
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Radix

• Peasant
  • Renown: 5
  • Infamy: 4
  • cRPG Player
  • I blind my enemies with pure awesomenes
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Radox_II
« Reply #31 on: May 19, 2011, 09:05:13 pm »
well, isnt the ability of survival sheilder's main advantage?? I dont get why u would like them to be less durable.

Offline Fluffy_Muffin

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 429
  • Infamy: 122
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Tribunal
  • Game nicks: Vivec_the_Poet
  • IRC nick: Umbra
« Reply #32 on: May 19, 2011, 09:07:58 pm »
The only problem i see is the pick, its hard to see because its realy small and fast. The dmg is ok, it shouldnt be nerfed, even 1h needs a can opener. (and i play as a can)

Perhaps make some model that is more visible (you can go to DX7 its easier to see then but i doubt many ppl would do that)

About the huscarl/highend1h combo: you cant counter everything with the 2h sword, you arent supposed to destroy huscarls if you dont have an axe. 2h are fine now with the stab nerf, shielders are also balaced now. I think its just you QQ-ing a bit. Feint

About the 50% hp/drop kill: stupid idea, so what if its 18vs5 or something like that, just because the bigger group kills them most of the time doesent mean that the smaller cant turn it around, why would you deny them the chance?
Defy me, and you will know what it is to stand against a god.

Offline Spawny

• Count
  • Renown: 152
  • Infamy: 27
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Templar_Spawny
« Reply #33 on: May 19, 2011, 09:35:26 pm »
I thought this was a troll thread, but then I realised he's actually serious.

I've got 1 advice for you: Go to the duel server and practise more.

Good duelers have no trouble whatsoever blocking one handed weapons.
Don't blame it on the others when your skill lacks.
You don't see me creating a "nerf 2h" thread every time I get outspammed by an agility build 2h.

Play the class you think is OP to level 31 a few times, try different 1h builds and then come here to complain. You'll notice 64 weapon length is REALLY short.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

The problem is even if you are number 1 in NA you are still only number 467 in EU or the worst in AUS(number 17)

Offline Gnjus

• King
  • Renown: 1831
  • Infamy: 397
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Siktir git, pislik okçu.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Turklings
« Reply #34 on: May 19, 2011, 09:40:11 pm »
Momo i always knew youre a douchemy old friend but this is a bit too much, even for you.
Do you honestly think you have any sort of moral authority, Reyiz? Go genocide some more armenians and deny it ever happened, please, and stay in the middle east.

Offline Momo

• Baron
  • Renown: 141
  • Infamy: 170
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: _Momo_
  • IRC nick: Momo
« Reply #35 on: May 19, 2011, 09:48:40 pm »
Momo i always knew youre a douchemy old friend but this is a bit too much, even for you.

Failtrolling again? meh...your insults are very lame. I bet you are some 10 year old kid.
I was the first one who started -1-ing everyone, now everyone does it to everyone.

Offline Momo

• Baron
  • Renown: 141
  • Infamy: 170
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: _Momo_
  • IRC nick: Momo
« Reply #36 on: May 19, 2011, 09:52:40 pm »
The only problem i see is the pick, its hard to see because its realy small and fast. The dmg is ok, it shouldnt be nerfed, even 1h needs a can opener. (and i play as a can)

Perhaps make some model that is more visible (you can go to DX7 its easier to see then but i doubt many ppl would do that)

About the huscarl/highend1h combo: you cant counter everything with the 2h sword, you arent supposed to destroy huscarls if you dont have an axe. 2h are fine now with the stab nerf, shielders are also balaced now. I think its just you QQ-ing a bit. Feint

About the 50% hp/drop kill: stupid idea, so what if its 18vs5 or something like that, just because the bigger group kills them most of the time doesent mean that the smaller cant turn it around, why would you deny them the chance?

I am forced to play in dx7 because for some reason I have 1 FPS in DX9 mode :(. Those high res textures are fucking my video card xD.
I was the first one who started -1-ing everyone, now everyone does it to everyone.

Offline Gnjus

• King
  • Renown: 1831
  • Infamy: 397
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Siktir git, pislik okçu.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Turklings
« Reply #37 on: May 19, 2011, 09:58:56 pm »
Failtrolling again? meh...your insults are very lame. I bet you are some 10 year old kid.

I'm not even trying to troll here, your "idea" is just......meh.

Also, more then once has my squad survived these "impossible to survive" situations, maybe it was not 18 vs 5 but i recall something like 15 vs 7 or 20 vs 9 situations that we pulled off. If it was you we would probably be kicked or have our health cut by half so we die faster.
Pick is a deadly weapon but its short and with a correct movement you (well maybe not YOU personally but some 2hander/polearmer with skill) can counter it efficiently, as they actually do quite often.
3 slots ? You're out of your mind.
Do you honestly think you have any sort of moral authority, Reyiz? Go genocide some more armenians and deny it ever happened, please, and stay in the middle east.

Offline Dom.Miguel

• Knight
  • Renown: 33
  • Infamy: 16
  • cRPG Player
  • Audaces Fortuna Juvat
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguards
  • Game nicks: Dom_Miguel, Telescopica, Jotunn and many others...
  • IRC nick: Dom.Miguel
« Reply #38 on: May 19, 2011, 11:15:09 pm »
Lets make 2h weps 5 slots then!

Thank you Khorin

Offline rustyspoon

• Marshall
  • Renown: 794
  • Infamy: 164
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Rustyspoon, Sir_Rusty_Of_Spoon, Rusty_the_Spoonarian
« Reply #39 on: May 19, 2011, 11:33:16 pm »
Lets make 2h weps 5 slots then!

Or we could just remove everything and have slap fights. At least that will stop threads such as this one.

Offline Diomedes

• Count
  • Renown: 200
  • Infamy: 51
  • cRPG Player
  • Cat
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Sootnik_Diomedes
« Reply #40 on: May 20, 2011, 01:27:37 am »
I've played 1h+shield for quite a while now, and for a long time I played as a warhammer+huscarl player.  The huscarl+hammer build was nice but, often, I'd fall to pieces against a smart 2h/polearm.  A huscarl shield is a shockingly heavy and slow device for blocking.  Its apparent coverage is also undercut by its two blind spots which appear to be protected but which, in fact, aren't.  LUBU, for example, could wrap is great long axe around my shield 80% of the time, and only when I consciously blocked every single hit he threw at my shield did I avoid this weakness.  After many fights with LUBU I realized that this conscious blocking was tantamount to manual blocking his attacks.  At that point I decided to stop fighting LUBU.

If you think the pick+huscarl build is overpowered you're wrong.  Like all builds it has significant weaknesses and strengths.  If you're hitting a Pick+Huscarl player straight on then you're playing to her strengths.  If you're playing aggressively then you're also playing to her strengths.  Huscarl+pick is slow, short range, and painfully weak against cavalry, long axes, and good spearmen.  It's the most susceptible build to kicking and depends heavily on the hope that enemy will target the shield rather than the player.  When fighting this sort of player it's best to either be quick and wrap around them (which is best done with light armour and some athletics), use an axe to coax them out of their defensive play, hit faster than them (the huscarl is slow, katana are not) and to backpeddle all the way to China servers.  If possible, use a horse or find a pikeman to help you out.  Many times I was bested by an inopportune poke from the side which my warhammer couldn't return in kind.

Offline Overdriven

• Marshall
  • Renown: 828
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Great Khans
  • Game nicks: GK_Overdriven
« Reply #41 on: May 20, 2011, 03:09:16 am »
Where are you getting this pick+huscarl stat of yours from anyway? You've said several times that it seems every 1h uses this combo. Maybe you don't play on EU servers or something, but I've only seen that combo a handful of times. Some exaggeration is definitely occurring here.

But anyway, even if that were the case, so what? Shielders should have the right to own some kind of weapon that you find difficult to play against. The same way I as a horse archer can put arrow after arrow into a 2h, but am screwed if a crossbowman or archer takes my horse out. We all have our weaknesses, you just have to learn to combat them. Calling for some kind of nerf or whatever is not the answer. Just learn to be a better player and deal with the 1h pick users effectively. I assure you it is possible, you just need to practice more. And if there are 5 of them coming at you, then unless you're a dam good player, then you're inevitably going to die anyway. Just try and take a few down with you :wink:

Offline Cyclopsided

• Duke
  • Renown: 513
  • Infamy: 51
  • Formerly "Marathon". #sluttiestAdmin
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CHAOS
  • Game nicks: Cyclopsided_of_Chaos, CYBD, Brunchlady
  • IRC nick: Cyclopsided
« Reply #42 on: May 20, 2011, 09:14:38 am »
Why did i read this topic?
this was such a waste of time.

So, let me get this straight: You lose against shielders. Rage post saying they are OP with absolutely no evidence or rationalizing why?

Now for the post on delayers.
No, that is an awful solution. Wow that is bad.
No. Master of the Field should just automatically appear 2 minutes before the round ends.
BAM SOLUTION SOLVED
Also, I have declared myself #1 NA hybrid thrower
Formerly known as Marathon.
As an NA admin, I am the most laid back and concerned with the ~fun of the game~ above all other factors. I've also been super inactive since Summer 2012. University takes most of my time, but I still find some time to play when i can.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 20, 2011, 09:34:14 am »
+1