Author Topic: Clan-bank robbery  (Read 2173 times)

Offline Nessaj

• King
  • Renown: 1399
  • Infamy: 176
  • cRPG Player Madam Black Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • ▃ ▅ ▅ ▅ ▄ ▅ ▇ ▅ ▄ ▅ ▇
    • View Profile
    • Vanguard
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Vanguard_Cooties
  • IRC nick: Nessaj
Re: Clan-bank robbery
« Reply #15 on: June 10, 2014, 04:50:50 pm »
Because game admins can't help you. Someone gave him permission to take gold from the bank. I don't know if he actually stole it, that is your side of the story.

That's really the end of the discussion.

Don't give someone access you don't trust, full access to your banks etc isn't something that should be given lightly, only to those you trust.

There is of course no absolutes, if there's some straight forward evidence of wrong-doings then action would be taken, but that is true for maybe 0.01% out of 99.9% cases.

Yes he was one of the founders. But it is not fair to all players if someone does that. It's for me a breach of faith and you would be also disappointed if someone steals your money.

Yeah, it sucks, I'm sure we've all been there in some sort of capacity, except that those situations were in fully-fledged big company games, and they likewise (and unfortunately rightfully so) did nothing.

He broke your trust? I'm sure he did, or maybe he didn't? How would anyone know? It's your word versus his and there's no evidence game-wise that can support your claim, on the contrary actually.

This isn't a judicial case with lawyers, evidence exhibits and what not. We can't go in and investigate something like this, it would require chat logs, screenshots, etc, a whole huge ordeal that's a HUGE task that goes way beyond simply game administration which means no company or otherwise project etc would ever touch it, unless they're getting paid a salary of course but even then investigating something like this could be considered intrusive because it goes beyond the game (meta). Not to mention that each part of that sort of evidence could easily be tainted, e.g. fake chat logs, photoshopped screens and what not.

I'm baffled as to how people think that giving others full access to their resources is an administration issue on the game development/management end. Literally the only cases that's ever been resolved in regards to something like this (which only happens in MMOs mostly) is if a clan leader takes everything in a bank, e.g. items and gold, and then splits, that would seem suspicious and be possible but not certain to sanction, however given c-RPG only has gold accessible via clan banks that's an entirely different story.

Please be more careful in your future online endeavors.
Things don't exist simply because you believe in them, thus sayeth the almighty creature in the sky!