Author Topic: How to implement multi in conquest?  (Read 4990 times)

Offline Jona

• Balancer
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 376
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • OG Agi Whore
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Hounds of Chulainn
  • Game nicks: Jona, Siegafried
Re: How to implement multi in conquest?
« Reply #75 on: June 07, 2014, 05:28:01 am »
One: respawn timers and locations need a adjustment, I completely agree.
Two: If your theory about people playing smarter on a x5 than on a x1 was true we would see such in battle and standard siege. I have never witnessed that myself, especially in siege (keeping in mind more than 50% of my total earned xp has been from siege). If a team was non-pub and organized I think your theory would be very accurate, but as it is I have very rarely seen anyone try and communicate tactics to a team (when they do they tend to be ignored).

Also:

While you were sitting afk in attacker spawn for an hour and  half last night, I was playing the whole time, and I did not go through a single map where the attackers did not capture at least 2 flags. The first 2 or easy, then most of the round occurs fighting over the rest, hence:

Arguably communicating tactics and playing smarter, or with more of a purpose are two entirely different things. If you're sitting in a clan's TS, odds are they will be a lot more chatty on an x1, and when defending their x5 they will be a little more serious, or maybe even try to strategize.

Also, as attackers it is usually easy to capture two bases, agreed, but the 3rd one always proves tricky since for whatever reason it is essentially the defender's last spawn point. Sure they could spawn elsewhere (I think) but would be foolish to. There is really no difference between the 3rd point and the last (and 2nd to last, at least on one map) in terms of difficulty to take, other than any map-given advantages defense might have. It just wouldn't be fair for the attackers if the same setup was maintained where defense gets 2 or 3 "last points" to defend. The first two are easy to take, the 4th and 5th, likewise. Other than that, defense has a huge advantage.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

"I'll have my lance aimed at Jona's knees and he'll jump up, run up my lance and kill me." -Dalfador

Offline Thranduil

• Earl
  • Renown: 367
  • Infamy: 14
  • cRPG Player
  • what? ... What? ... WHAT?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Ward of Mithrim
  • Game nicks: Warden_Thranduil The_Doctor
Re: How to implement multi in conquest?
« Reply #76 on: June 07, 2014, 11:57:15 pm »
I don't know if it's been mentioned, but it's worth mentioning again. I don't like how you have to capture flags in a certain order (or it appears that way at least). Attackers are not smart enough to understand that a flag with a bulls eye on it can be captured and those without a bulls eye cannot be captured. We probably could have taken Helms Deep just now, but no one listens when you tell them to attack Tower. We just stand on and defend a flag that we can't cap for about 2 minutes wondering wtf is wrong.  :rolleyes:

BTW, 3rd round of Helms Deep when I joined and had 60 ppl on.  :wink:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login