Author Topic: Assist points  (Read 1038 times)

Offline avmana

• Noble
  • Renown: 14
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: LPK
  • Game nicks: LPK_Avmana, Sergeant_avmana, Avmana
Assist points
« on: January 08, 2011, 12:32:25 am »
suggesting assist points be awarded for the second highest damage dealer when killing other players and the highest damage dealer for horses? not sure if this is possible but I would like to see it done!!   :)
The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese

Offline Bulzur

• Earl
  • Renown: 465
  • Infamy: 102
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild.
  • Game nicks: Guard_Bulzur
Re: Assist points
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2011, 12:38:32 am »
If i remember correctly, such thing wasn't possible before the patch, because you couldn't take into account all the hits.

I don't know if it's possible now, but it wouldn't be that interested. Just be a thrower, throw a rock on every ennemy and get 30 assists !
When we propose this "assist" suggestion, it actually turned out in a "total damage dealt". That way, pikeman killing horses, unlucky melee doing 4/5th of the job but getting ksed actually showing to their team that they're usefull, with their dmg dealt 200 or such.

Would really hope to see how it has become, and if it's never gonna be possible (like unfortunaty the automatic view from the killer, when you get killed, easy to spot WHERE was that damn xbow/archer, and if you got killed by a lucky shot :P : impossible cause we don't have memory or such, don't remember the reason, but it was a valid one.^^)
[14:36] <@chadz> when you login there is a message "your life as horse archer was too depressing for you. you decided to commit suicide. please create a new char"
[19:32] <@chadz> if(dave_ukr_is_in_server) then rain_chance = 98%;

Offline Paul

• Developer
  • Renown: 1879
  • Infamy: 442
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • ball bounce boss
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: Urist
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2011, 10:46:01 am »
With one of the recent Native patches it became possible to have a trigger fire every time damage is dealt. So a system that

a) acknowledges damage done against enemy agents (men+horses) for a possible performance reward at rounds end
b) does the same for damage done on firendly agents, for teamhit warning+punishment
c) maybe allows to control the combat flow abit, so high levels could only get a decent extra reward for hitting other high levels

is possible. However such a trigger might increase server load on a big server. Furthermore I don't know if chadz sees any need to implement this.

Offline Thomas Dixon

• Peasant
  • Renown: 5
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
  • Order Of The Lance
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Order Of The Lance
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2011, 10:53:11 am »
love the idea

Offline slothscott

• Knight
  • Renown: 38
  • Infamy: 11
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: AEF_BigBird
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2011, 03:04:55 pm »
I think it would help to satisfy archers or others that feel they belong in the "support" area of the game. Nothing is more annoying as an archer to land 4 arrow hits and then have someone sneeze on him to get the kill without any acknowledgement of your deed.

However if it is too large on the server or impossible to implement than thats bad luck. :|

Offline JKos

• Peasant
  • Renown: 3
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2011, 03:14:16 pm »
Nothing is more annoying as an footman to land 4 hits and then have someone shoot an arrow on him to get the kill without any acknowledgement of your deed.

But yes I would love to see this feature in game.

And hello to everyone, my first post here.

Offline Farrok

• Noble
  • Renown: 20
  • Infamy: 5
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild
  • Game nicks: Guard_Farrok
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2011, 03:32:24 pm »
yeah suggestion comes up every month xD
when its possible to do i would like to have damage in the scoreboar dinstead of kd rate.

so the scoreboard would contains:

Name - Damage dealt - Friendly Damage dealt

this way we would see which one have done most damage against enemies and the own team!
with assistpoints you will have the problem that every peasant gets assist points for throwing rocks or something like that.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline slothscott

• Knight
  • Renown: 38
  • Infamy: 11
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: AEF_BigBird
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2011, 04:01:29 pm »
Just make it so that assists do not affect where you stand on the scoreboard unless you have the same kills as another player. Who cares then if a peasant has 0 kills and 30 assists, he'll still be at the bottom.

Also, welcome JKos.