Author Topic: Something I wish I could try  (Read 278 times)

Offline FRANK_THE_TANK

• King
  • Renown: 1312
  • Infamy: 339
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
  • FluckCucker
    • View Profile
  • Faction: A Free and proud Peasant of Fisdnar!!!
  • Game nicks: FRANK_THE_TANK
  • IRC nick: Sippy sip
Something I wish I could try
« on: May 06, 2014, 06:59:59 am »
+3
I would love to create an alt version of strat that works like this.

All the people that want to play toss their names into a proverbial hat a big 10 gallon hat for NA and a Straw Boaters hat for EU visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Based on the numbers a number of teams are setup and the everyone is distributed randomly.

Then leaders are picked, 4 at random for each team and then the team votes for one of the 4. Tough shit if all 4 are trolls or useless because these strat rounds only last 2 months so blurgh. If the leader bows out then 4 more are selected at random and voted on. The leader picks the key people for the key rolls "Diplomat" "Trade Jerk" "Vicious bastard" etc etc.

Then the fiefs are allocated. One fief for every 3 people on a team with a hard limit of 8 fiefs.

On top of that, battles can only happen on Friday, Saturday and Sunday nights (Sunday until 10pm server time kicking off at 5pm). Reason being that it makes it far easier to organise and is right on prime time for the vast bulk of people hopefully ramping up participation.

Troops would be an S&D thing not a player grinding thing and everyone would be given 400 troops and 50k silver right off the bat with a price system that scales more harshly instead of being an over all ramp up in price. I would basically go back to S2 prices but push all the plate armour and top tier gear up drastically so that plate armies are only for those crazy rich bastard.

AND ANOTHER THING! I'd introduce Rep as the only way to increase the amount of troops an army can use. +100 troops for every battle won (+150 for capping a castle and +200 for capping a town).

The objective here is to simultaneously increase Fun, Trolling, Participation, Battles and strategy and tactics.

Because everything would happen on the map and all the fiefs would be handed out evenly to each team and the SUPER short time frame of the strat round we should see a bastard load of activity.

Can you imagine the forum drama of randomly selected random leaders!!! OH MY I'M WET WITH TROLL SPLOOSH!!!

Anyway, I'm right, this is a brilliant idea, I'm a fucking genius. It'll never happen. The end.
Fammi un pompino!

I think I have ball cancer in my right nut :(
Good news everybody! It's not nut cancer :)
Bad news everybody, I got dumped :(

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420