Author Topic: Does heavier Helms & Gloves affect throwing accuracy  (Read 389 times)

Offline Mallets

• Earl
  • Renown: 394
  • Infamy: 22
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Mallets and his family
Does heavier Helms & Gloves affect throwing accuracy
« on: April 26, 2014, 09:52:39 pm »
+1
I have a Thrower/Hoplite build.  I know armor weight affects your effective Throwing WPF.  But does Helm & Gloves specifically have a greater impact on your throwing accuracy (not necessarily your effective WPF).  I simply want to know if having heavier gloves & helm will make my throws less accurate.  This the main question I need answered.  The point of this post.

Was using leather gloves & a nordic leather helm (along with Leather Scale Armor & Saracen Leather Boots).  All fairly light.  But in order to stay alive longer, I've upgraded to Saracen a Lamellar Cuirass.  I'm also thinking of upgrade my helm and gloves to Saracen Helmet with Long Turban and Red Wisby Gloves.  My helms going from .3 to 1.7 weight.  My gloves are going from .1 to .5 weight.  Mind you body armor is going from 4.5 to 10.3 weight.  However, my legs are going down from .5 to .1 (going to Serbian Ankles boots).

Anyways, I'm going from an overall weight of 5.4 to 12.6.  Is that terrible for 101 WPF?  I can pick my Throwing Lances back up, so I'd think effective WPF is fine.

Here's my build.  I carry a War Spear, a Round Steel Buckler, and 2 Throwing Lances.  Any advice?

Strength:21
Agility:15

Polearm:93
Throwing:101

Weapon Master:5
Athletics:5

Iron Flesh:2
Shield:3
Power Strike:7
Power Throw:7

Offline Umbra

• King
  • Renown: 1299
  • Infamy: 162
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Krems, Freak Army of Gnjus
  • Game nicks: Umbra
Re: Does heavier Helms & Gloves affect throwing accuracy
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2014, 10:03:23 pm »
+1
Yes, gloves/helmet will have a higher impact than armor/boots.

Gloves weight is multiplied by 4 and helmet by 2 when calculating the actual weight that will lower wpf. Armor and boots do not have this modifier and the weight that is specified is the actual effective weight.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline San

• Developer
  • Renown: 1456
  • Infamy: 143
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • 1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
    • View Profile
    • My youtube Brawl videos
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: San_of_Chaos
  • IRC nick: San
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2014, 10:08:31 pm »
+1
The wpf is already quite low, so even if you wear a lot more armor, you're probably not going to notice a good difference in accuracy in-game, though.

Head armor has 2x the effect on wpf, and gloves have 4x the effect. Even with both, it doesn't amount to much, and simply testing out the weights quickly on the duel server is the easiest option; whatever is comfortable for you is best. My thrower has a 2.7 helmet, 11.1 body, 0.5 gloves, and 2.9 boots, and the accuracy penalty is not harsh even as a pure thrower.

Offline Mallets

• Earl
  • Renown: 394
  • Infamy: 22
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Mallets and his family
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2014, 10:30:51 pm »
+1
Thanks for the advice guys!  San, I was hoping you'd reply!  And I don't really notice the difference.  Just didn't know if I was fooling myself.  I'll stick with the heavier armor set.