Author Topic: I wanted to share something important with the community  (Read 3226 times)

Offline SugarHoe

• Earl
  • Renown: 413
  • Infamy: 144
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Frisia
Re: I wanted to share something important with the community
« Reply #45 on: April 22, 2014, 07:36:52 pm »
+1
Okay now to be serious.
Honestly I don't see a big deal with these used in games or other context BUT the key word is context!
There is a big difference between  saying "fuckin 2h my old friends are op" when talking about a game and saying "Whats up my old friends?" as you walk into a room. Even if no one is a "my old friend" that wouldn't make the person who said it any less of a dick. Yes it may be a joke but when it happens no normal person thinks "Hahahaha sick joke bro howyadoin?". They think "What a douchebag...".

So yeah... People can debate whether it is "Politically correct (how can politics be correct?)" or not but the reason people use these words are because they are dramatic and they are insults. We would just use some other forbidden words to express ourselves. As I said earlier a lot of people have no problem with internet insults and on a rare occasion tolerate it in other places. Just.. just try to be tolerant  and use common sense is what I am trying to say.

Besides I don't think any of you can tell us that you have not once laughed at light hearted racism or sexism. And as Witchcraft said below, yes people will be offended if you call them cunts or nigs or my old friends THEY ARE INSULTS and they will be used that way for quite some time. BUT there is no sense in being offended for someone else. Yes isms are bad, but you are just going to have to tolerate it or try to moderate it, not have a heart attack because someone got mad for petty reasons. Hate is hate and insults are insults, lets try to keep it that way.

Tl;dr: Yes it is bad to be a racist homophobic misogynistic bastard, but there is a big difference between insulting someone because you are upset for some reason and hating them for what they are and using it to alienate them.
tldr ur a cunt
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Tydeus

• King
  • Renown: 1422
  • Infamy: 351
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Item re-unbalance guy
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Tydeus
  • IRC nick: Tydeus
« Reply #46 on: April 22, 2014, 07:40:27 pm »
+6
It's an online game, there are a different set of expectations and social norms. Let's turn this into a sociology/anthropology discussion on "internet and gaming culture" guys.

Let's not
Oh how you tempt me. Anyone who thinks their words are meaningless, or that seemingly minor actions cannot also have major effects, should go read The Tipping Point(or you could, you know, just grow the fuck up  :wink: ).

Whether or not you personally are bothered by certain comments, completely misses the point(I don't even get offended by this shit irl). It's just that it can have a serious impact, and being a mature, responsible person, you have to acknowledge that.
chadz> i wouldnt mind seeing some penis on my character

Offline Veniathan

• Count
  • Renown: 213
  • Infamy: 54
  • cRPG Player
  • Hey nigga your lance is 10 meter long or something
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
  • Faction: Kievan Rus
  • Game nicks: Zvonimir_of_Rus
« Reply #47 on: April 22, 2014, 07:44:13 pm »
Also misleading title to thread, there is nothing important here. At all, in the slightest sense. Nothing is important. It is just overly protected kids whining about how someone called them "friend" online. So important amirite?!
I duel 1vs1 horse vs horse. Dude have nigga long lance that have 10 metres long or something.

Many time i can see as people use this script where horse just standing on 2 feets and does "yhohohohoh".

Offline Dooz

• Duke
  • Renown: 674
  • Infamy: 165
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Horrible_Human
    • View Profile
    • Wasteland Fight Club
« Reply #48 on: April 22, 2014, 07:48:15 pm »
you may be old, but clearly not old enough to have lost hope and be drowning in cynicism

Offline SugarHoe

• Earl
  • Renown: 413
  • Infamy: 144
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Frisia
« Reply #49 on: April 22, 2014, 07:49:03 pm »
+1
go read The Tipping Point(or you could, you know, just grow the fuck up  :wink: ).
lel
(click to show/hide)

Offline Veniathan

• Count
  • Renown: 213
  • Infamy: 54
  • cRPG Player
  • Hey nigga your lance is 10 meter long or something
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
  • Faction: Kievan Rus
  • Game nicks: Zvonimir_of_Rus
« Reply #50 on: April 22, 2014, 07:55:20 pm »
lel
(click to show/hide)

+1 mah nigga
I duel 1vs1 horse vs horse. Dude have nigga long lance that have 10 metres long or something.

Many time i can see as people use this script where horse just standing on 2 feets and does "yhohohohoh".

Offline StonedSteel

• Marshall
  • Renown: 717
  • Infamy: 400
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 22, 2014, 08:00:09 pm »
Oh how you tempt me. Anyone who thinks their words are meaningless, or that seemingly minor actions cannot also have major effects, should go read The Tipping Point(or you could, you know, just grow the fuck up  :wink: ).

Whether or not you personally are bothered by certain comments, completely misses the point(I don't even get offended by this shit irl). It's just that it can have a serious impact, and being a mature, responsible person, you have to acknowledge that.

lol tydouche u re tard...ur such a f ag
I REMEMBER PLAYING IN RAIN
THROUGH THE NIGHTFALL WITH FOG
THAT CLOGGED UP OUR EYES
BUT IM MORE HORRIFIED OF A MOD
I NO LONGER RECOGNIZE

Offline WITCHCRAFT

• Highborn
  • King
  • Renown: 2174
  • Infamy: 227
  • cRPG Player Madam Black Queen
  • get hexed
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: WITCHCRAFT, A_Hot_Elf_Princess, Yurnero_of_the_High_Plains, and secret alts
« Reply #52 on: April 22, 2014, 08:24:33 pm »
+1
being a mature, responsible person,

irl something shorted on the shuttle and laika overheated and died within a few hours of liftoff and for a brief while one could look up to the stars and see a light shooting across the sky that was actually a warm dog corpse slingshoting about the earth at thousands of miles per hour which was arguably humanity's greatest achievement so far

Offline Snufalufagus

• Earl
  • Renown: 320
  • Infamy: 21
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Astralis
  • Game nicks: Snuffy, Snufalufagus, Sexy Cupid, Charlie_Sheen Sir Lord Gentleman Snuffy
  • IRC nick: Snufalufagus
« Reply #53 on: April 22, 2014, 08:44:21 pm »
+1
Well it seems for most people saying these words is very important.  Very well i won't be the one that stops you.  Perhaps one night you will be at a bar you don't know anyone at.  You will get drunk and say your favorite internet words, and wake up with no teeth, or never wake up.  It's no skin off my nose.  If you read my posts at all, you would see i was not butt-hurt.  I was being logical, and the people who attacked the post where highly emotional/butt-hurt.  I still love everyone.   I support Canary, and others booting/banning people for being supreme jackasses. Best of luck in real life friends.
Im your imaginary friend...