Author Topic: Questions regarding the game  (Read 1995 times)

Offline Eugen

• Count
  • Renown: 180
  • Infamy: 26
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Postla
Re: Questions regarding the game
« Reply #15 on: April 17, 2014, 12:25:18 am »
+1
I would save this loompoint until you are 100% shure what to loom.  You also can stack more loompoints and instantly craft som +3 equipment with 3 loomies later on.

Decide if you want to loom weaponry or armor first.

If you want to loom weapon, try to loom something you can alos sell, if you dont like weapon anymore. Look at marketplace for prices and demand.

If you want to loom armor also consider gloves, they upgrade nicely to your bodyarmor. If you change armors alot its maybe also better to loom gloves.

EDIT: oh your in a clan. So ask your clanmates - use armory.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Veniathan

• Count
  • Renown: 213
  • Infamy: 54
  • cRPG Player
  • Hey nigga your lance is 10 meter long or something
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
  • Faction: Kievan Rus
  • Game nicks: Zvonimir_of_Rus
« Reply #16 on: April 17, 2014, 12:39:58 am »
Yeah honestly the beauty of this game is the customization, deciding for armour, gloves. You know, a set that defines you is very difficult.

I have some 5 helmets that I use constantly depending on multiplier, same goes for weaponry and soon. I guess I just didn't find my thing yet. But the further I play the better it gets so I suppose eventually I'll come up with something to loom.

I'll save the loompoint because I think it's the best idea. What happens when you loom an item? You improve it and increase upkeep cost or?
I duel 1vs1 horse vs horse. Dude have nigga long lance that have 10 metres long or something.

Many time i can see as people use this script where horse just standing on 2 feets and does "yhohohohoh".

Offline Algarn

• King
  • Renown: 1230
  • Infamy: 268
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Algarn, Jorick
« Reply #17 on: April 17, 2014, 12:41:08 am »
Either loom your gloves; or your main weapon if you got one and know that you will stick with it. Or just wait for another loompoint and try to buy something on the marketplace, but take care then, otherwise, you can wait to be scammed.

Offline Veniathan

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 17, 2014, 01:14:39 am »
+1
Either loom your gloves; or your main weapon if you got one and know that you will stick with it. Or just wait for another loompoint and try to buy something on the marketplace, but take care then, otherwise, you can wait to be scammed.

I love the "Fighting Axe". One handed. It's simple, and even cheap but god damn. The left side swings are very annoying and I love using them. But I might just loom my gloves instead
I duel 1vs1 horse vs horse. Dude have nigga long lance that have 10 metres long or something.

Many time i can see as people use this script where horse just standing on 2 feets and does "yhohohohoh".

Offline Veniathan

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 17, 2014, 03:43:31 pm »
Goodo, when you loom an item upkeep remains the same, the item improves to +1 and gets better.

I think you'll notice +1 speed and damage more than you'll notice +1 armour tbh. But of course this is only the best if there is a weapon you consistently use, i personally have a soft spot for the fighting axe and enjoy that as a shielder you can surprise people by instantly becoming a 2hander with it, then switching back.

The reason looming gloves is good is because there are few situations where you'd wear something different, whereas many people change weapons a lot, if you think you've found a weapon you love loom that like i did with my first Great Long Bardiche.

The best thing with the Fighting Axe is the 2h, you can open doors quicker and break them with others. More importantly when you switch to 2h, and there is incoming cavalry you can really nail someone with the right swing, if you jump and time it at the right time you might aswell crush the poor guys skull. If he's heavly armoured then go for the horse etc. I also love the military pick and "Sword" because of the really spammable stab.

I retired now, got my loom. I think I'll go for a 21/15 shielder build this time. I realized that there is room to improve as a shielder still, and therefore I will do it one more generation until I notice that I'm doing really good. When I'm finished I'll maybe change my build. I got a sweet spot for this build now, lots of weapons to adapt to the situation and the Norman Shields are a beast.

I've gotten somewhat better at manual blocking if the shield breaks and the 1h are really spammable. I noticed backpedaling and spamming stab really annoys people.

Pikeman coming up next generation, but that's only a maybe. I don't like the animations, they are really slow and not reliable. You have to know a lot about hidden game mechanics which in my opinion is total bullshit. So maybe I will make a 2h poleaxe spam build or something. We'll see.

Now that I'm generation 2, does leveling up require more XP? I know I have more XP per tick now which is great. How many times can you respec?

Offline Veniathan

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 17, 2014, 07:43:29 pm »
Leveling is always the same XP, this is why the XP bonus from retiring becomes valuable, as future generations should get faster for you. You can retire unlimited times, but you will only get extra XP for the first 16 generations, so once you hit Generation 16 you get max bonus.

Respeccing is unlimited too, but eats half your XP.

If you convert skills/attributes you can achieve a harder hitting 24/15 build as pure shielder, but this would not have very much Iron Flesh.

So what would you recommend? Ironflesh or extra Str?

I would honestly rather have atleast 1 point in Ironflesh. Also I don't buy extremely expensive shields and if it breaks I may aswell be fucked, and sometimes you'll get a whole squad of people coming at you. At this point manual blocking isn't much of a choice.

Starting all over is a pain man .. You are slow, and don't hit hard. This I am not used to.

Also locking a skill or skills, what does it do?
« Last Edit: April 17, 2014, 07:50:32 pm by Veniathan »

Offline Veniathan

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 18, 2014, 06:30:54 am »
For most builds, especially shielders, people would choose extra Str to get that 1 extra Powerstrike rather than putting points in Ironflesh. This does make you more fragile, but if you're being mobbed by guys and you're shield is broken and you aren't a haxing hero then you're likely dead either way, regardless of a couple of points in ironflesh. Remember that 1 point of IF is only 2 hp, many characters regard IF as a dump stat for this reason, i dont quite see it that way, but i'd say it's a lower priority than other skills like PS, Shield, Ath and WM.

This is a personal choice though, so it's down to you, my first builds had much more IF than my later ones have. There is no 'right' answer in this case, but personally i have found a 1handed cut weapon benefits from some extra Powerstrike to really make a mark, blunt and pierce are easy mode, but 1handed axes/cutting swords really need a bit of power behind them IMO.

Locking a skill means you can't put points in it on the website without unlocking it, this means you wont accidentally put points into Horse Archery or something dumb. Like me for example, have had 'Agility' locked for my last couple of gens lol.

I just realized what locking is yeah, thanks. Simple but very useful. I ended up locking all the skills I won't invest in. I already have 4 ironflesh though honestly .. I guess I wasn't patient enough for an answer. Will I get an extra usable point if I stay at 4 or should I go to 5 at this point?

I went for the build completely I guess. Was thinking of

Ironflesh: 7
 Power Strike: 7
 Shield: 5
 Athletics: 5 
 Weapon Master: 5

Saw you ingame btw, looking sexay man

« Last Edit: April 18, 2014, 07:43:56 am by Veniathan »

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 18, 2014, 10:06:17 am »
+1
I don't understand how you suffer so much under upkeep. Are you looking at the long term when assessing whether you lost money? Because in a single session you can get some bad luck and lose like 10k, but this should get evened out by a more favourable session later on. With the gear you use it is statistically very improbable to lose money. Once you have a buffer of about 30-50k gold, you should be able to wear at least up to 40k gear without losing any.

Here is a thread in which a wizard did the math and concluded that if you win 50% of your rounds you should be able to break even when using 50k worth of gear.
http://forum.melee.org/beginner's-help-and-guides/maintenance-update-crpg-0-223/msg124313/#msg124313

This definitely supports my experience. I get that I am using a good banner, get valour quite a lot and might have a win rate well above 50%, but my cavalry character uses gear in between 60k and 80k cost and I haven't had to transfer money to it for ages.

Offline Veniathan

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 18, 2014, 12:31:23 pm »
I don't understand how you suffer so much under upkeep. Are you looking at the long term when assessing whether you lost money? Because in a single session you can get some bad luck and lose like 10k, but this should get evened out by a more favourable session later on. With the gear you use it is statistically very improbable to lose money. Once you have a buffer of about 30-50k gold, you should be able to wear at least up to 40k gear without losing any.

Here is a thread in which a wizard did the math and concluded that if you win 50% of your rounds you should be able to break even when using 50k worth of gear.
http://forum.melee.org/beginner's-help-and-guides/maintenance-update-crpg-0-223/msg124313/#msg124313

This definitely supports my experience. I get that I am using a good banner, get valour quite a lot and might have a win rate well above 50%, but my cavalry character uses gear in between 60k and 80k cost and I haven't had to transfer money to it for ages.

Well belive me when I say I don't understand either. The term "long term" is kind of I don't know .. Skeptical? There is no way to see, because upkeep cost and how much you win are both more or less completely hit or miss. And so random, it's actualy retarded but I don't want to complain and I wont.

Maybe my issue is that I prefer short term over long term. But that's just me, I simply do not like losing money. I prefer to save up and up and up as much as I can. But you may be right.

I've never even had over 20k worth of gear, as soon as I do. I'll go from 128k to 115 in just a few rounds. It cripples my economy so I balance. Currently I have all kinds of armor to get positive income. So not really having a problem.

Lol, thanks, you will then have noticed me disobeying every single piece of advice i've given you xD the advice i give is based on the standard advice of pros and what i have observed if i wanted maximum success, the way i play is more or less the opposite of all those things.

If instead of wanting a good K/D you want to troll and imitate me then lock agility at the start of your next gen, and go 39/3 at level 30 with either a 1hand or a polearm and nudge people to their doom (EU2, not EU1). Your K/D will suck because nudge-kills dont give you a 'kill', but i'm sure in the hands of a master the build would be very effective, and it certainly is fun.

Genius man

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 18, 2014, 01:17:42 pm »
+1
Upkeep chance and win rate are not random at all, upkeep chance is simply 4% per tick and win rate is most likely somewhere in between 45% and 55% for every player.

Checking long term repair costs is really easy. Just remember how much gold you start with, play for 10 hours and check again. Don't look at the single round repairs or check your money after every round, because sometimes you just repair a lot, however similarly you also get a lot of rounds where you don't repair anything. This evens out in the long run. Write down your current money, equip 30k worth of gear, play with it for like a million xp, which should be nearly 10 hours, check your money again. I have so much faith in these statistics and that you will have gained money, that I will reimburse you if you lost money.

Offline Switchtense

• King
  • Renown: 1137
  • Infamy: 137
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • poking you where the sun dont shine!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Unicorns, BIRD CLAN BEST CLAN!
  • Game nicks: All sorts of Switch's
  • IRC nick: Switchtense
« Reply #25 on: April 18, 2014, 01:31:30 pm »
+2
What Teeth said.

Sometimes I have to repair parts of my gear for 5 hours straight. Then again I sometimes don't have to repair anything for ages.

I am using gear worth 47,904 gold. My upkeep is 3,350 gold.

And I am making gold, not insanely fast, but enough to pay the repair costs of my other characters as well (one heavy cav, so fairly expensive upkeep)

Stop checking your gold after every single round, its a bad habit which I used to do. It only makes you focus on gold rather than playing and having fun.
And having fun means you are contributing more for your team and thus possibly increasing your chances of winning - increasing your multiplier, which ultimately makes you gain more gold.
For all the non-believers, look no further than this thread for proof that while strat battles are won/lost in NA3/EU3, strat wars are won and lost on the forums.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Veniathan

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 18, 2014, 03:41:48 pm »
Well good points from both of you. + for that.

However, I guess maybe it was my retarded habit to constantly check gold. But I just want to be careful, lol. That's all, I don't want to lose shitload of gold and end up realizing I am basically poor now. That's all

I'll try to wear some "better" gear and see how that ends. In the long run. I won't go over the top because that's unnecessary. What I meant by random chance was this, sometimes you repair sometimes you don't. Which is either hit or miss. So you know, I'm not used to this.

I've never in my life played a game like this. It would make more sense that, what you use actually breaks, what you don't doesn't etc. But I am happy with how it is, maybe it's for the best. It's not a bad system per say