Poll

Would you like extra XP from being near to a teamate carrying a banner?

Yes
32 (68.1%)
No
15 (31.9%)

Total Members Voted: 47

Author Topic: Extra XP from being near to a teamate carrying a banner  (Read 1133 times)

Offline Battlepriest

• Scene Manager
  • Renown: 440
  • Infamy: 32
  • cRPG Player
  • hi how are you doing
    • View Profile
  • Faction: hesse
  • Game nicks: hesse_judie, skot_judas
  • IRC nick: sweet potato
Re: Extra XP from being near to a teamate carrying a banner
« Reply #15 on: January 31, 2014, 02:10:05 am »
+2
If we get banners I think they should function like shields that can't be blocked with

After all, that's what Warhammer taught me

(click to show/hide)

And if you're like "WHAT ABOUT THOSE GUYS WITH BANNERS ON THEIR BACKS?!" well you tell me where you can find a back-mounted banner on mount and blade

besides, it looks cooler

We just need a standard/flag/banner model and a special animation for the banner/flag/standard so you don't hold it like a retard

Offline Rumblood

• King
  • Renown: 1199
  • Infamy: 420
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: GrannPappy
« Reply #16 on: January 31, 2014, 02:33:49 am »
+4
I must say I'm with kinngrimm in this. Flankers shouldn't be punished, while most of the team should be encouraged to teamplay. However, teamplay should be encouraged at all costs.

That's why I offered bonus ironflesh. The main group needs it since they will be attracting the main attention of the opposite side. Whereas, flankers do not necessarily need it. with xp bonus, you are just punishing flankers/ninjas. (and possibly xbowers, archers, cav of all kinds as well)

Plus, ironflesh is something that every class can use while it's usefulness only appears when some damage is taken. So that's why not power strike or something else. Just ironflesh.

Why must a bonus for one person always be called a "punishment" for another? It isn't. One got rewarded for doing what the bonus is for, while one did not. Nobody gets punished.
"I don't think much of a man who is not wiser today than he was yesterday" – Abraham Lincoln

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Riddaren

• Duke
  • Renown: 601
  • Infamy: 298
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: Riddaren, Matthaus
« Reply #17 on: March 30, 2014, 11:58:46 am »
bump

Offline Grumbs

• طالبان
  • King
  • Renown: 1170
  • Infamy: 617
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 30, 2014, 12:58:48 pm »
+1
I prefer abstract rewards for teamplay rather than more gamey/forced rewards. ATM you do get extra XP and gold if you help your team to win, whether thats by flanking, being in a group, standing miles away pewpewing etc. If people feel they need to get near a banner they might not be as imaginative or might not do whats actually in the team's interest to win. Also leachers are better off not encouraged to get too close to the main players because they will block swings, team hit, get in the way, try to survive etc. If someone is going to leach, at least get them dead or out of the way sooner rather than later imo

I'd rather some kind of expansion to the commander system, its not really used as it should be atm. Possibly some more things like the + shield skill for shield walls. There is a funny assumption that only melee need to play together too, why not encourage ranged to play together, or cav? Why should they have such good damage/range that enables them to play more solo than melee? Why do they have such good melee capability, if they had to relly more on their melee team mates they would be playing more like a team. Why do HA get away with just riding around randomly by themselves?
If you have ranged troubles use this:

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
« Reply #19 on: March 31, 2014, 07:46:36 pm »
+1
I must say I'm with kinngrimm in this. Flankers shouldn't be punished, while most of the team should be encouraged to teamplay. However, teamplay should be encouraged at all costs.

That's why I offered bonus ironflesh. The main group needs it since they will be attracting the main attention of the opposite side. Whereas, flankers do not necessarily need it. with xp bonus, you are just punishing flankers/ninjas. (and possibly xbowers, archers, cav of all kinds as well)

Plus, ironflesh is something that every class can use while it's usefulness only appears when some damage is taken. So that's why not power strike or something else. Just ironflesh.

They're not being punished, the main infantry stack is being rewarded.  Also archers could be rewarded by sticking on the "archer" battalion (btw battalion in spelled wrong in game) flag.   Cavalry should be supporting infantry anyways, they aren't being punished either, just not being rewarded extra.  As cavalry my reward is winning the round because I set our infantry up for easy kills (knocking enemies down or weakening them).  Plus when I'm try harding and on a decent map for cav (about half the maps we play) I can get valor pretty easily. 

The best "formation" teamplay we can expect and ask for is people sticking together using the flag system.  That's better than everyone mindlessly running around in circles on the maps.  And with this proposed system, nobody is being punished, there's just a minor extra reward for sticking with the main infantry formation. 

*EDIT* I didn't read page 2 of this thread, and I see Rumblood is already saying what I did, but more succinctly. 
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline WITCHCRAFT

• Highborn
  • King
  • Renown: 2174
  • Infamy: 227
  • cRPG Player Madam Black Queen
  • get hexed
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: WITCHCRAFT, A_Hot_Elf_Princess, Yurnero_of_the_High_Plains, and secret alts
« Reply #20 on: April 01, 2014, 07:42:09 am »
If this was implemented, it should be a tiny bonus. Maybe adding +1 generation bonus (30 xp) per tick, able to go past the limit of 16 to 17. There are tons of valid reasons to NOT fight in a blob with your team, so those playstyles should not be penalized for not playing follow the leader.

There are many ways to troll this idea, and it would be difficult to enforce the rules on it. Adding mechanics to prevent people from moving the flag would hurt team players just as much as it would hurt people abusing the system.

irl something shorted on the shuttle and laika overheated and died within a few hours of liftoff and for a brief while one could look up to the stars and see a light shooting across the sky that was actually a warm dog corpse slingshoting about the earth at thousands of miles per hour which was arguably humanity's greatest achievement so far

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 01, 2014, 11:22:53 am »
+2
Why must a bonus for one person always be called a "punishment" for another? It isn't. One got rewarded for doing what the bonus is for, while one did not. Nobody gets punished.
Simple. I could say that one gets penalized for flanking on his own, because he gets less xp than whoever sticked to the banner. You can say something is a bonus, an extra bit on top of what is normal, but in a similar way you could argue the same thing is a penalty, because it makes you miss out on your full potential for xp gain because you choose to not do it. A bonus for a select group is a relative penalty to the people outside that group.

Offline Senni__Ti

• Earl
  • Renown: 472
  • Infamy: 23
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Senni_Ti
  • IRC nick: Senni
« Reply #22 on: April 01, 2014, 08:30:46 pm »
Xp barn!