Author Topic: Next assasins creed played out in Paris?  (Read 1516 times)

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: Next assasins creed played out in Paris?
« Reply #15 on: March 28, 2014, 06:08:01 pm »
+2
Fable 3 is not a series

AC1 had the best storytelling of the series. It did not get the side missions right though, that's for sure.

AC1 had so much potential. I was more hyped for the game than any game before or after. And it was kind of good, but super shallow. At least the freerunning/good looking fights were new. But I wish they'd have kept the series in the time period when the real hashashin existed. There'd have been so much potential for re-telling historical events and getting more depth into the game. But instead all they did was scratch the surface (of everything, the NPCs weren't alive, just walking around and so on -- could've added indoors, "living NPCs", etc).
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline Molly

• King
  • Renown: 1860
  • Infamy: 693
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • For the glorious Khorin...
  • Game nicks: Molly
« Reply #16 on: March 28, 2014, 08:06:38 pm »
Fable 3 is not a series

AC1 had so much potential. I was more hyped for the game than any game before or after. And it was kind of good, but super shallow. At least the freerunning/good looking fights were new. But I wish they'd have kept the series in the time period when the real hashashin existed. There'd have been so much potential for re-telling historical events and getting more depth into the game. But instead all they did was scratch the surface (of everything, the NPCs weren't alive, just walking around and so on -- could've added indoors, "living NPCs", etc).
Yea, I like that timeframe even more than the Pirates. Jerusalem was awesome.
A proper re-boot of AC1 with really nice gameplay changes, proper difficulty options and so on would be great.
When west germany annexed east germany, nobody moved a finger too.

Offline LordBerenger

• King
  • Renown: 1492
  • Infamy: 859
  • cRPG Player
  • Jesus is the savior of Earth
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 28, 2014, 08:14:54 pm »
Have you played Black Flag? I just started this week.. its extremely fun. Usually get bored with open-world games, or just blaze through the story and don't get engaged with sidequests and exploring. But this game has done it beautifully, lots of small little islands with hilarious/amazing naval combat to pepper in between travel. Game constantly feels fresh and exciting to play.

Actually gameplay of some of the missions and combat is indeed getting stale, especially compared to other stalwarts of the genre like Batman. This game has gotten so much right though, I'm rehyped for the AC series after the general slog of 3.

Just protip. Don't fucking whatsoever besides main quest go underwater. It's a place you want to avoid at all costs.

They'll probably do some fall of the samurai thing where the samurai or ninja are assassins and the evil military leader is a templar

I'd expect this much at best, they are not THAT good at making things up. Cliffhangers Creed  :mrgreen:

Well duh that's the point of AC series. Templars are the bad guys. I could see them doing a Fall of Samurai thing where Shogunates are one side of it with corrupt Shogunate leader wanting to betray them and join Portuguese or whatever and a guy commanding Portuguese is a Templar Overlord or something. And yes if they're doing a Japan AC expect to be a Ninja lol. Replace throwing knives with shurikens. Smoke bombs stay. Introduce rockets of some sort and poison darts or something.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2014, 08:18:11 pm by LordBerenger »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Siiem

• Heretic
  • Duke
  • Renown: 611
  • Infamy: 129
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 28, 2014, 09:04:26 pm »
As long as no fucking weeabo japan shit, I'm happy.

Offline SixThumbs

• Duke
  • Renown: 567
  • Infamy: 60
  • cRPG Player
  • Consumer Whore
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 28, 2014, 09:11:54 pm »
The series was ruined for me when I was probably an hour or two from finishing the first one and a game breaking bug prevented me from going any further.

Then when I tried to play the second one my save-file was corrupted about an hour or two after getting the house.

I haven't played any of them again since.
And how!

Offline Olwen

• Earl
  • Renown: 419
  • Infamy: 222
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
  • A shadow among others
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 28, 2014, 09:15:03 pm »
overused joke

Offline SixThumbs

• Duke
  • Renown: 567
  • Infamy: 60
  • cRPG Player
  • Consumer Whore
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 28, 2014, 09:17:10 pm »
What're you? French?
And how!

Offline Havoco

• Duke
  • Renown: 538
  • Infamy: 102
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Hospookfans
  • Game nicks: Hospitaller_Havoc
  • IRC nick: Havoco
« Reply #22 on: March 29, 2014, 02:16:08 am »
overused joke

True. French joke has gotten cliche. I think it's time to start making blegian back door jokes.
Pock gobblers

Offline bilwit

• Agent provocateur
  • Count
  • Renown: 275
  • Infamy: 181
  • The toast is anarchy!
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Billy_Whitmore, Andre_Whitmore, Gideon_Stargrave
« Reply #23 on: March 29, 2014, 02:25:42 am »
Musketeer Assassin plz.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2014, 02:38:46 am by bilwit »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Most of us are currently living off relatives, friends, parttime-jobs or savings, to be able to work as much and cheaply as possible.