Author Topic: Rear length  (Read 1547 times)

Offline imisshotmail

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 504
  • Infamy: 428
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: Rear length
« Reply #30 on: March 18, 2014, 12:49:35 am »
No way, my HBS does way more damage then my lance, and 1h doesn't have the 23 or w/e % debuff that 2h does plus a force field like shield.  Tactically that statement may be true but I would probably have a higher kdr with 2h not using the lance.  Hell tbh the only reason I use it is because it's fun. 

As far as your op statement, if I may, I for a fact will dismount my opponent in a duel against any light cav, with my current build, while on foot, simply because I understand how to. People who rage that cav is op either simply don't know what to do against them (like a dear in head lights) or are just trolling.  There is a reason cav don't finish off their dismounted opponents, and i has little to do with honor more to do with the fact that light cav are weak and against an aware skilled opponent are at a huge disadvantage.

Any good cavalry players can beat the vast majority of melee players on foot even when they are aware (assuming Heavy Lance) but the thing is bad cav players don't need to kill aware people too, they just kill 2 people who are unaware a round, get dismounted and then play as a normal melee build.

I've played cavalry enough to know that the only times you should be getting dismounted are due to ranged, thats the only counter the class has if you play right, and it's barely a counter because you get dismounted and then what, you're a melee build with either 1 less ps or 1 less athletics. Hardly much of a disadvantage considering all the benefits you got from being on a horse until that point.

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
« Reply #31 on: March 18, 2014, 02:15:58 pm »
+2
@San and imisshotmail, I agree to a certain extent, but you also have to take into consideration that 50% if not more of the maps on the NA1 rotation are city or village, often very closed in and are thus light cav unfriendly maps. This means that far less often your not in control of the encounter and thus subject to more vulnerabilities then advantages when engaged.  Furthermore, range particularly on these maps have the ability to set up at unreachable places or "dead ends" often devastating you before or as you are being swarmed by the other team.  Not so much of a problem for heavy cav as they generally can plow through mobs and take many projectiles (although maybe not with this new change).

This this this.

I consider myself one of the better cavalry lancers in NA1 (or just one of the better cavalry players), at least it seems this way whenever I get a chance to play during prime time.  Lots of times I go 4, 5 or higher kills for every death on a map.  But my overall K:D is 2.2:1
(click to show/hide)

But then again, I don't do things to purposely pad my K:D, I've never cared about my overall K:D I play for the round and the map and my personal enjoyment.  I don't leave when my team is losing, I don't leave when the map plays 3 city/enclosed maps in a row, I don't leave if I'm having a bad night.  I think people's arguments that cavalry is automatically expected to be better than infantry, is false.  But it is true like San said, you can typically pick your engagements more than infantry, so you can weigh risk vs reward a little better (at least on faster horses, if you are on a slow horse you still can get picked on by other cav).  But lots of times like Jason says, you're playing a city map where you shouldn't even be riding around on a horse, so you really don't get to put that "choose your engagements" into affect.  There's a lot of enclosed maps in the battle rotation, I'd wager far more city/enclosed maps than maps that have some openness to them.

San says the "glance won't rear horses", only affects the heavier horses (so lighter horses still get reared on a glance), so I stand by my sentiment that it was too drastic of a change to allow anything with polearm animation that has pierce stab, to rear a horse. 

I think it would be a good idea to have lowered the length needed to rear from 140 to like 130 or 135 (I made a long post about this before, and showed the different length polearms in each category, not going to rehash it here).  But not every single polearm animation with pierce stab to rear a horse, that was one hell of a drastic change.  Especially here we find out that the trade off (no more rearing on glances) didn't even work for light horses (well it only works reliably on large warhorses and above...so even some of the lighter armored horses). 
« Last Edit: March 18, 2014, 02:21:20 pm by CrazyCracka420 »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline a_bear_irl

• Duke
  • Renown: 540
  • Infamy: 252
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 18, 2014, 11:02:35 pm »
+2

I consider myself one of the better cavalry lancers in NA1 (or just one of the better cavalry players),

my overall K:D is 2.2:1

FREE ALLERS

Offline imisshotmail

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 504
  • Infamy: 428
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 18, 2014, 11:39:14 pm »
I consider myself one of the better cavalry lancers in NA1 (or just one of the better cavalry players), at least it seems this way whenever I get a chance to play during prime time.  Lots of times I go 4, 5 or higher kills for every death on a map.  But my overall K:D is 2.2:1

Personally I think you're an average cavalry player, and for me 2.2:1 kdr for an average player is more than it should be.. 1:1 should be the average no?

Offline Sandersson Jankins

• King
  • Renown: 1450
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CSA Apologists
  • Game nicks: fnord
  • IRC nick: "There's always a bigger nerd"- Qui-Gong Jim, Star Trek IV: Electric Boogalo
« Reply #34 on: March 19, 2014, 12:28:27 am »
(click to show/hide)
WE GOT DODGSON HERE

See? Nobody cares.

(click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: March 19, 2014, 02:06:39 am by Sandersson Jankins »

the administrator of this forum is the Internet Keyboard man? Can only play "authority" in the virtual world?Can you tell me why?

Offline BlueKnight

• Marshall
  • Renown: 983
  • Infamy: 200
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • If you run, you will only die tired...
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen
« Reply #35 on: March 19, 2014, 12:44:02 am »
What about dmg multiplier instead of rearuping?

Skyrim UI

Offline Rhaelys

• Duke
  • Renown: 509
  • Infamy: 47
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: Rhaelys_BlockLeft_of_Chaos
« Reply #36 on: March 19, 2014, 03:32:36 am »

This this this.

(click to show/hide)

But then again, I don't do things to purposely pad my K:D, I've never cared about my overall K:D I play for the round and the map and my personal enjoyment.  I don't leave when my team is losing, I don't leave when the map plays 3 city/enclosed maps in a row, I don't leave if I'm having a bad night.  I think people's arguments that cavalry is automatically expected to be better than infantry, is false.  But it is true like San said, you can typically pick your engagements more than infantry, so you can weigh risk vs reward a little better (at least on faster horses, if you are on a slow horse you still can get picked on by other cav).  But lots of times like Jason says, you're playing a city map where you shouldn't even be riding around on a horse, so you really don't get to put that "choose your engagements" into affect.  There's a lot of enclosed maps in the battle rotation, I'd wager far more city/enclosed maps than maps that have some openness to them.

San says the "glance won't rear horses", only affects the heavier horses (so lighter horses still get reared on a glance), so I stand by my sentiment that it was too drastic of a change to allow anything with polearm animation that has pierce stab, to rear a horse. 

I think it would be a good idea to have lowered the length needed to rear from 140 to like 130 or 135 (I made a long post about this before, and showed the different length polearms in each category, not going to rehash it here).  But not every single polearm animation with pierce stab to rear a horse, that was one hell of a drastic change.  Especially here we find out that the trade off (no more rearing on glances) didn't even work for light horses (well it only works reliably on large warhorses and above...so even some of the lighter armored horses).

So where were you before when all polearms with a pierce thrust could rear before a Warband patch inexplicably made the minimum length to rear 141?

Also pocket pikes*

(click to show/hide)

Quote from: Uumdi
sweet of you guys to celebrate my birthday
wait you're talking about that devils lettuce arent you, god damnit
Quote from: Kreczor
yo you want to burn some sweet romaine tonight?
Quote from: Uumdi
yeah i smoke that dirty green shit fuck iceberg

Offline HarunYahya

• Marshall
  • Renown: 965
  • Infamy: 309
  • cRPG Player
  • Proud Abdulla wielder
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BashiBazouks
  • Game nicks: HarunYahya,HarunShootya,Inan
  • IRC nick: HarunYahya
« Reply #37 on: March 19, 2014, 01:17:32 pm »
My god,cavalry QQing about other cavalry...WHAT SHOULD WE,INFANTRY DO YOU X-TO-WIN-bundle of sticksS ? Grow some balls for fucks sake . Cav is easiest thing,if shit goes bad,ride back to your teammates.That simple.
Rearing de rearing yordunuz amk

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
« Reply #38 on: March 19, 2014, 02:22:27 pm »
Personally I think you're an average cavalry player, and for me 2.2:1 kdr for an average player is more than it should be.. 1:1 should be the average no?

If you say so, but whenever I play I'm always right up there as one of (or the) best cavalry on the server.
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline Dionysus

• Duke
  • Renown: 696
  • Infamy: 63
  • cRPG Player
  • I move-- for no man.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Art of War
  • Game nicks: Dionysus_AoW
« Reply #39 on: March 19, 2014, 11:44:41 pm »
+5
A lot of comments from the players, but I have yet to see a single post from a horse.