Author Topic: Ban for kill at spawn.  (Read 927 times)

Offline JasonPastman

• Count
  • Renown: 285
  • Infamy: 113
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Guys That CMP Has Quoted [GTCHQ]
  • Game nicks: Jason_The_Great
Ban for kill at spawn.
« on: March 10, 2014, 06:30:34 am »
1. Name of your character involved Jason_The_Great
2. Name of offending character(s)Theo_of_the_bumrush, Wayne_Etzkey_GFORCE, Eddie_pepperoni_GEFORCE and Flotsum
3. Time and server, as accurately as possible 3/10/2014, 1:20am EST
4. Written description of what happened, the whole story. Also what happened before and after. Team Killed me at spawn also eddie QMLed me while i was fighting during the end of the previous round.
5. Why you think the offender did what he did. Trolling
6. Screenshots
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

7. Names of players that can witness what happened.
People who made comments in chat (might need the logs for that.)
If a majority be united by a common interest, the rights of the minority will be insecure - James Madison
It is not wisdom but Authority that makes a law - Thomas Hobbes.
Too busy not giving a fuck...

Offline a_bear_irl

• Duke
  • Renown: 540
  • Infamy: 252
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Re: Ban for kill at spawn.
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2014, 06:54:42 am »
hi, as one of the accused id like to contest this and request a reverse-ban for lying about what happened to try and get me/others banned

here he is delaying in the river S keying away from someone

previous to this he was standing still in the river without a weapon and i QMLd him because he looked afk to me (see 2 ticks between his last kill and the round ending, also notice he didn't die to end the round). the round actually ended in a draw because he wouldn't fight and continually S keyed away from the enemy team in the river

on next spawn apparently he was mad about me QMLing him or something and started trying to teamwound me, i nudged him and ran off and a couple people (not sure who) who saw what happened killed him (notice how many people are attacking him)
FREE ALLERS

Offline imisshotmail

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 504
  • Infamy: 428
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2014, 06:56:56 am »
A good explanation from bear but to add to that, an admin was online at the time (WITCHCRAFT) who didn't do anything about either offense, him delaying or him attacking at spawn and then being TKed in return.

This is the most obvious case of trying to get people banned by being a griefer yourself that I have ever seen, and I suggest an essay ban in return.

Offline JasonPastman

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2014, 06:59:28 am »
If you felt that way you should have ban threaded me and not broke the rules by tking me at spawn.
If a majority be united by a common interest, the rights of the minority will be insecure - James Madison

Offline imisshotmail

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 504
  • Infamy: 428
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2014, 07:02:26 am »
If you felt that way you should have ban threaded me and not broke the rules by tking me at spawn.

Probably but an admin was online who thought it was fine justice, and now you are just trying to cause unnecessary drama because you are a ban request troll, I suggest every admin in this thread look at this - http://forum.melee.org/index.php?action=profile;area=showposts;sa=topics;u=1650

Really, a person who delays a round to a draw because flags are broken, starts intentionally teamhitting a guy who QMLed the round before for actually leeching, this is the person trying to get people banned?

Offline JasonPastman

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2014, 07:17:37 am »
Furthermore, the four seconds of screenshots displayed don't show how I got into that situation, the fact that I was black barred, and the fact that when the round ended I was actively engaged in combat. In addition the fact that the round ended in a draw (which I was not aware of, because i was engaged) was in no way my fault but rather the fault of the other teams inability to raise flags.  Finally considering you were on my team this is in no way detrimental to you so beyond griefing I cannot conceive of any other way to explain such behavior, which is in any case simply against the rules.

Offline JasonPastman

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2014, 07:18:52 am »
starts intentionally teamhitting a guy who QMLed the round before for actually leeching, this is the person trying to get people banned?

That's a lie just like the rest of your bull shit defense.

I am use to angry nerds trolling me and have learned not to react.

Offline WITCHCRAFT

• Highborn
  • King
  • Renown: 2174
  • Infamy: 227
  • cRPG Player Madam Black Queen
  • get hexed
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: WITCHCRAFT, A_Hot_Elf_Princess, Yurnero_of_the_High_Plains, and secret alts
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2014, 07:43:33 am »
I'll look into the server logs as soon as possible and check things out. Must have been afk/dead for a bit at round end/round start. I recall people battling in water towards the end of a round but no one was reporting anyone at that time. If admins don't react to things like this, message them in admin chat until they take a look. It's easier to catch it right after it happened than to sift through logs at a later time. Sorry I missed it.

irl something shorted on the shuttle and laika overheated and died within a few hours of liftoff and for a brief while one could look up to the stars and see a light shooting across the sky that was actually a warm dog corpse slingshoting about the earth at thousands of miles per hour which was arguably humanity's greatest achievement so far

Offline JasonPastman

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2014, 05:15:57 am »
So how are those logs coming along?

Offline dreadnok

• Marshall
  • Renown: 838
  • Infamy: 562
  • cRPG Player
  • fuck these jerkoff kids
    • View Profile
  • Faction: KBW<MB<SoW
  • Game nicks: Gorp_The_Gorger
« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2014, 12:23:56 pm »
Just play the godamn game and shut up. Christ

Offline HappyPhantom

• Earl
  • Renown: 440
  • Infamy: 74
  • cRPG Player
  • Pew pew, your face!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Dracul, Always Take the Shot.
  • Game nicks: HappyPhantom, Marys of the Sea, Ancient of Mu Mu.
« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2014, 09:54:21 pm »
You were all fucking around at the end of the round. It was goddamn painful (with no multi  :mrgreen:). Witchcraft was on at the time.
"Darklands" - The greatest game you never played: now on Steam http://store.steampowered.com/app/327930 | http://www.darklands.net/index.shtml

Offline WITCHCRAFT

• Highborn
  • King
  • Renown: 2174
  • Infamy: 227
  • cRPG Player Madam Black Queen
  • get hexed
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: WITCHCRAFT, A_Hot_Elf_Princess, Yurnero_of_the_High_Plains, and secret alts
« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2014, 09:59:17 pm »
Looks like at the end of the round, people were saying "ban everyone who is still alive" and not specifically just Jason. He could have fought more aggressively, but it's not like he was hiding in a corner while the other team looked for him.

After the start of the round TK, someone said "why did jason start hitting us?" and he disconnected right after getting TKed. People pull that kinda stuff all the time when they are about to log off for the night. Looks like both parties are guilty. Jason for teamwounding in spawn, and Theo for revenge teamwound/kill. Stop having a contest to try and out-troll each other.

irl something shorted on the shuttle and laika overheated and died within a few hours of liftoff and for a brief while one could look up to the stars and see a light shooting across the sky that was actually a warm dog corpse slingshoting about the earth at thousands of miles per hour which was arguably humanity's greatest achievement so far