Author Topic: Britmy old friends....I need your help.  (Read 1129 times)

Offline [ptx]

• King
  • Renown: 1871
  • Infamy: 422
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • such OP. so bundle of sticks. wow.
    • View Profile
Re: Britmy old friends....I need your help.
« Reply #15 on: March 01, 2014, 10:47:32 pm »
+3
I think the conclusion we can draw here is that tea is not wine and you just drink whatever you feel like drinking and you probably won't make a fool out of yourself or anything.

Offline zagibu

• cRPG President
  • King
  • Renown: 1436
  • Infamy: 228
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 02, 2014, 04:05:40 am »
+1
Why not just go there and tell the waiter you have no idea about tea and that you'd like some recommendations? Or is this not possible in American restaurants (I never tried when I was in the states).
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 Why am I beswung by sharpe and pointed utensyls?

Offline AntiBlitz

• Duke
  • Renown: 636
  • Infamy: 187
  • cRPG Player
  • American Scum
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 03, 2014, 02:55:49 am »
Why not just go there and tell the waiter you have no idea about tea and that you'd like some recommendations? Or is this not possible in American restaurants (I never tried when I was in the states).

well i mean i guess you could, but asking a 16y/o waiter what kind of tea she prefers would not more then likely invoke much of a suggestion, as they presumably have no idea.  Of course i could always be wrong, but more then likely they are going to just try to sell me high dollar things on the menu rather then give me a good opinion(tis capitalist america we are speaking about here!).  So i figured the best men to ask about tea would have been the Brits here, atleast this way i could get an opinion on the topic that would actually be relevant.

Offline zagibu

• cRPG President
  • King
  • Renown: 1436
  • Infamy: 228
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 03, 2014, 03:00:44 am »
+1
well i mean i guess you could, but asking a 16y/o waiter what kind of tea she prefers would not more then likely invoke much of a suggestion, as they presumably have no idea.  Of course i could always be wrong, but more then likely they are going to just try to sell me high dollar things on the menu rather then give me a good opinion(tis capitalist america we are speaking about here!).  So i figured the best men to ask about tea would have been the Brits here, atleast this way i could get an opinion on the topic that would actually be relevant.

That's sad, man. Here you can usually ask the waiter for his personal recommendation and you get something good, be it wine, meal, dessert, whatever. Sounds like you don't actually have waiters but just errand boys that note down what you want.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 Why am I beswung by sharpe and pointed utensyls?