Author Topic: Overpriced Melee Weapons  (Read 1398 times)

Offline Grumbs

• طالبان
  • King
  • Renown: 1170
  • Infamy: 617
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Re: Overpriced Melee Weapons
« Reply #15 on: May 23, 2014, 10:38:22 am »
Oh if prices really reflected use.. One could balance them against usage statistics with a simple formula.

Perhaps limiting change of 1% per week or something so not to create to much rage.

I suggested this many times before, and it would take care of a lot of 2h Kuyak heroes as well as certain types of polespammers.

The unique chars would gain the most from this, and punish minmaxers and archetypes.

I'd only really support this for force multipliers like cav or ranged. Having lots of the same 2 hand + same armour rather than mixing things up doesn't change a team's balance, because the gear is relatively balanced already. They all fulfil the same role more or less (within the same weapon type). I think this addition would be more to please people that don't like the aesthetics of certain gear combinations. If gear is OP then it just needs to be balanced and not so many people will use it. If they still do then thats their choice to make
If you have ranged troubles use this:

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Algarn

• King
  • Renown: 1230
  • Infamy: 268
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Algarn, Jorick
« Reply #16 on: May 23, 2014, 11:58:49 am »
Thomek, what do you mean exactly by "price should depend of use" ? Classes with low number of choices (ex: archers, crossbowmen) should pay even more because they are using a weapon that others use. I would be fine if it would apply to absolutely everyone AND on a server. Why should I pay more if no one is using the longbow for example on EU1, but some others do it generally...

Offline Thomek

• El Director
  • OKAM Developer
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 481
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • Ninja Guide Wiki
  • Faction: Ninja_
  • Game nicks: Ninja_Thomek
« Reply #17 on: May 23, 2014, 02:12:57 pm »
Well.. of course where there are not many options like for ranged it should be different.

The whole point is to introduce a bit of capitalism in that the prices reflect demand. And demand, but yeah, mostly theoretical at this point in the mods history I think. :)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

That Thomeck-delay-kicking bussiness is like that asshole-retard dude that fucks your sister sometimes.

Offline Angantyr

• King
  • Renown: 1134
  • Infamy: 130
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 05, 2014, 07:21:21 pm »
 :arrow:

Offline San

• Developer
  • Renown: 1456
  • Infamy: 143
  • 1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
    • View Profile
    • My youtube Brawl videos
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: San_of_Chaos
  • IRC nick: San
« Reply #19 on: July 05, 2014, 07:31:43 pm »
It's being talked about. (err has been based on the activity of the forum at the moment)