30 (11.9%)
Boulder on a Stick
30 (11.9%)
Looney Toons Axe
23 (9.1%)
Ladderpoolting
50 (19.8%)

Total Members Voted: 252

Author Topic: Players of 2010  (Read 4726 times)

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Re: Players of 2010
« Reply #45 on: January 20, 2014, 08:45:46 pm »
+1
It really is me. :) I made this forum account slightly before I left. So how is cRPG today ? Playing heavy cavalry still so expensive its unplayable ? I do really miss cRPG and playing with you guys. :) Kafein you still playing cavalry ?

Heavy cavalry is the only kind of cavalry that is roughly playable, but globally sucks compared to 2010. And no I don't play cav anymore.

Offline TheFinn

• Noble
  • Renown: 16
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 20, 2014, 10:18:09 pm »
Heavy cavalry is the only kind of cavalry that is roughly playable, but globally sucks compared to 2010. And no I don't play cav anymore.

And heavy cavalry is still so expensive its unplayable ? Sigh, what a pity. :( Would have been nice to ride on the fields of battle once more. ( ...and on castle walls :P ! )

Offline Son Of Odin

• King
  • Renown: 1856
  • Infamy: 338
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Sky belongs to Asagods as long as the raven flies.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Son_Of_Odin
« Reply #47 on: January 20, 2014, 10:51:26 pm »
+1
And heavy cavalry is still so expensive its unplayable ? Sigh, what a pity. :( Would have been nice to ride on the fields of battle once more. ( ...and on castle walls :P ! )

Well you have to grind some gold to be able to play through bad rounds or you can start using the market place and trade heirlooms to gain gold... That's only if you have the patience to wait for good deals so you don't lose all dem loomz in the process :D.

Also heavy gear isn't all that OP anymore. Heavy cavalry being very effective still but nothing like 2010. The average skill level is something else these days as well. I think you would enjoy it. Some challenge to claim back your throne :D.

(click to show/hide)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

There is no sight in my third eye

Offline TheFinn

• Noble
  • Renown: 16
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 21, 2014, 03:15:29 am »
+1
Well you have to grind some gold to be able to play through bad rounds or you can start using the market place and trade heirlooms to gain gold... That's only if you have the patience to wait for good deals so you don't lose all dem loomz in the process :D.

Also heavy gear isn't all that OP anymore. Heavy cavalry being very effective still but nothing like 2010. The average skill level is something else these days as well. I think you would enjoy it. Some challenge to claim back your throne :D.

(click to show/hide)

Yeah, I got no illusions. This mod already had insanely good players back when I played in 2010. Can't even imagine how good everyone has become since then. I on the other hand would have to start training again from zero. It really would be an awesome challenge and epic if I could do it. But I fear its totally impossible for me if cavalry has really been nerfed to the ground in its cost effectiveness.

Granted the charge damage was too high for heavy cavalry back in 2010, but they might have gone overboard in the nerfing of cavalry in general (and maybe nerfed the wrong things ?) If they ever balance cavalry's cost effectiveness to other gear I'll come back to play a little cRPG. :) I'll keep Fallen in mind. :)

Offline Canary

• Marshall
  • Renown: 826
  • Infamy: 202
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CHAOS
« Reply #49 on: January 21, 2014, 03:31:21 am »
+1
No Fedor? That guy was a beast before goretooth. At least I remember Fedor before Goretooth. I remember goretooth after very well though, huddling together with other fellow peasants in fear before our eventual slaughter.

Near the end of Fedor's crpg career he was rocking trans and abusing the shit out of str-build crushthrough morningstar. He did some other stuff with alts after if I remember right. So you might have played when he wasn't fedor anymore. Maybe. Memory is fuzzy.

But man..crushthrough morningstar. I loved that thing. OP as shit. People crying about str builds now have no idea how much worse (awesome) it was.

Merc_Fedor is the reason I switched away from using shields early on. I could only take getting killed in one hit with my shield up once before I had to reconsider.

Offline Smoothrich

• King
  • Renown: 1558
  • Infamy: 986
  • cRPG Player
  • #manup @bigplays
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 21, 2014, 05:31:59 am »

This isn't remotely true. You will make plenty of gold if you wear medium-heavy armor on a medium horse (Destrier, War Horse.) You can still break even with heavy armor and heavy horse if you are good at farming 5x. With cRPG now you can get Valor if you get enough points in a round (damage done) compared to your team, so good players can continue with a 5x despite having a shit team every map.

A typical full gen as heavy cav will cost people like 100k cRPG (I think, never actually done it) gold if you never do anything but full plate heavy horse if I recall. Lots of maps in rotation that aren't that good for horses though so you can always play infantry which makes a shit ton of gold no matter your loadout.

Also no, heavy cav owns, and is certainly OP when done by a skilled player, much like the other cav classes. I just think its better to use slightly more agile horses than the heaviest, because nowadays legs are "unarmored" so if a peasant scrapes the lowest part of your horse's model it can 1-shot it with a scythe.

My posting is like a katana folded 1000 times to perfection.. and the community is what keeps the edge sharp.. and bloody.  -  Me.

Offline Spanish

• Earl
  • Renown: 386
  • Infamy: 106
  • 2h Cav Star of the year award winner.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The official Drama Llama of Knights_Hospitaller
  • Game nicks: Hospitaller_Spaniard, BowPersona, Span
« Reply #51 on: January 21, 2014, 10:22:16 am »
+1
All bout my purty arabian weaving in and out of range of pikes is the best though heavy cav is so easy if you know how to play well. The cataphract was the best for a long while but now that eastern warhorse I think is really the best heavy cav. Unless you just want more armor than always go for the mamluk and run people over for easy kills and morningstar pwnage. Devillize has it mastered to an art form -___-
My horse is named pebbles and we like to try.

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 21, 2014, 10:35:01 am »
+1
You can play semi heavy cav and make money. With 50k gear you can rock 60 body armour and a padded warhorse, technically 50k should allow you to break even. If you get valour sometimes or carry your team you can probably upkeep 60k without losses. I usually played cav with a cataphract horse and like 65 body armour which would cost me slightly, but cheaper cav gear isn't necessarily worse. As for effectiveness, heavy cav is still definitely really good, light cav does well too, but I can't be arsed to get my horse shot continously. Cav topping scoreboards is not at all a strange sight even with the points system, I usually top or near top and I am hardly the best.

But yeah, it's not gonna be 2010 where you do laps around the big clusterfucks where your horse alone racks up dozens of kills and a plated charger is not that good a choice anymore. Warhorses and Large Warhorse are probably the best choices, I use a Cataphract often because it is in the armoury and it gets the job done pretty well as well. Stats are terrible though.

Offline Macbeth3

• Earl
  • Renown: 379
  • Infamy: 35
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
  • Meow? :3
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Macbeth_Plisskin_TheCat Mordecai_Heller_TheCat
« Reply #53 on: January 21, 2014, 11:57:25 am »
in 2010... I was a Long-Spear user... (At least for the first 2 or 3 gens.
After that, I switched to kinda the same build I'm using right now.

*Meow* :3

Long-spearing was so much more fun back then. Not just limited to the stab either.  :D

Oh... and XP-Barn... Haha! so much "fun"  :)
*Meow* I'm a Cat.

Offline LordBerenger

• King
  • Renown: 1492
  • Infamy: 859
  • cRPG Player
  • Jesus is the savior of Earth
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 21, 2014, 01:29:40 pm »
All bout my purty arabian weaving in and out of range of pikes is the best though heavy cav is so easy if you know how to play well. The cataphract was the best for a long while but now that eastern warhorse I think is really the best heavy cav. Unless you just want more armor than always go for the mamluk and run people over for easy kills and morningstar pwnage. Devillize has it mastered to an art form -___-

If you're the kind of guy who goes for Mamluk over Plated Charger. Then you're the kind of guy who's lazy and always settles for a blowjob over the real deal. Plated Charger is the king of heavy cav and always will be.

Offline Mr.K.

• Earl
  • Renown: 474
  • Infamy: 64
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kalmar Union
« Reply #55 on: January 21, 2014, 01:39:38 pm »
You can play semi heavy cav and make money. With 50k gear you can rock 60 body armour and a padded warhorse, technically 50k should allow you to break even. If you get valour sometimes or carry your team you can probably upkeep 60k without losses. I usually played cav with a cataphract horse and like 65 body armour which would cost me slightly

Umm, hardly unless rocking a Merc or Byz banner. It's slightly easier even with the Kalmar banner, but for randomers something like 43k seems to be the limit unless you regularly get valour. I can't upkeep my 61k gear without playing my alts and on rare occasions I do get valour. Still not a problem though cause all the alts give tons of gold and I enjoy playing with them.

Offline BattalGazi

• Earl
  • Renown: 346
  • Infamy: 115
  • cRPG Player
  • Count the feathers on my Deli Cap!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Great Khans (GK)
  • Game nicks: GK_BattalGazi
  • IRC nick: BattalGazi
« Reply #56 on: January 21, 2014, 02:36:12 pm »
Without any doubt, XP barn.

Offline Torben

• King
  • Renown: 2011
  • Infamy: 352
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • still prepare to get sexed
    • View Profile
  • Faction: by my overly nerfed heavy lance.
« Reply #57 on: January 27, 2014, 12:44:36 pm »
+2
Finn, if you really want to come back: sell one of your looms for 1million gold, join one of the larger clans,  rent out any +3 gear you like from the renting system (its called "armory",  every clan has one),  and use up the 1 million to learn the game again.  I am sure in the end there will be plenty of gold left.

I remember before going all black and heavy you rode the cataphrac with a heraldic transitional and a great helmet,  that kind of gear is almost affordable these days.

the thing you will notice most is probably the smaller lance angle,  which is also why the more agile horses are better for lancers these days.

1h cav is quite strong today to,  and the shield helps a lot,  so you might want to try that.

there are "skip the fun" characters that are instant level 30 chars on which you can try out different builds.

if you do come back,  everyone would welcome you and be happy,  but I suspect its almost nicer to not come back and keep the the '10 memories alive ^^
Yes, I know from whence I came! Discontented as a flame, Upon myself I live and glow. All I grasp like lightning flashes, All I leave behind is ashes
Flame I am - that much I know!

Offline Prpavi

• King
  • Renown: 1525
  • Infamy: 402
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • 私 わ 変態 です
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Prpavi, Prpafeee
« Reply #58 on: January 27, 2014, 02:56:51 pm »
+1
well playing since september as a HA on a heavy horse I lost over 600K so far, not that I mind just saying. I do get quite a bit of valor and ride the multi often but there are just maps/teams you can't doo much about and when the losing streak starts rolling with 3,129 repair on my Eastern Warhorse it's a bit ruff. Parallel to that I level my alt just to sell the LP's so I can afford playing HA. Overall cost of my equipement is 65,704 gold. So yeah it's doable but you really need a steady source of income, either by selling LP's or scamming the markeplace, whatever suits you best.
And now he can't play because of "common sense" and he doesn't understand how this common sense works

Offline Torben

• King
  • Renown: 2011
  • Infamy: 352
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • still prepare to get sexed
    • View Profile
  • Faction: by my overly nerfed heavy lance.
« Reply #59 on: January 27, 2014, 03:07:33 pm »
hm,  ya 65k is on the high side,  and without a good clan banner that helps you win most rounds youll probably end up loosing a bunch of gold...
Yes, I know from whence I came! Discontented as a flame, Upon myself I live and glow. All I grasp like lightning flashes, All I leave behind is ashes
Flame I am - that much I know!