Author Topic: 2 of the same items in the inventory, but it doesn't show??  (Read 410 times)

Offline ZigZag

• Noble
  • Renown: 16
  • Infamy: 46
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Hello, I was wondering if this is a bug or maybe it's normal? Today I bought a Tempered Danish Greatsword on trade, however I already had a tempered Danish Greatsword in my inventory, the market took my money and refreshed the page as if the transaction was finished, however in my inventory I still have 1 Tempered Danish Greatsword. Got pissed, so I went to the store and purchased 2 leather gloves, and the same thing happened, in my inventory, it only shows 1 leather gloves?? What the fuuuuu.  :evil:

Offline ZigZag

• Noble
  • Renown: 16
  • Infamy: 46
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: 2 of the same items in the inventory, but it doesn't show??
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2011, 12:52:52 am »
Alright, after splashing some cold water on my face, I got chilled out. And then started to analyze on what happened, and a few things I figured out.

1. Trying to buy the same item in the shop (not market) won't work. It won't let you spend extra cash on an item you already own.. Example: (You have a Pitch fork, you try to buy another pitch fork, it won't let you and you won't lose your money)

2. However, in the market, that restriction doesn't save you from losing your money when you try to buy the item. Example: You have a Masterwork Longsword in your inventory, you see another Masterwork Longsword in the market for a good price and are thinking of buying it to then trade it for another Masterwork item, you click accept... and... poof! You're money is gone and you don't recieve what you paid for!

3. The way I tested this is I tried to buy 2 leather gloves in the shop (not market) and didn't lose my money AND didn't recieve the item, however, when I bought a Straw Hat from the Market ( not the shop) I DID lose my money and DIDN'T recieve the item.

4. There you go, a bug in a box with a wrapping gift on top. (Hope I somehow get the sword I paid for).
« Last Edit: May 16, 2011, 12:57:55 am by ZigZag »