Author Topic: how does strat reset work  (Read 958 times)

Offline Scervo

• Count
  • Renown: 167
  • Infamy: 39
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
how does strat reset work
« on: December 17, 2013, 07:31:06 pm »
So this is the first round of strat ive been in, just wondering how the start of the new one works. Ive heard mentions of a voting system but havent seen an explanation anywhere. How did this work? Is anything based on how much you have in the previous strat or is it a total reset? Just curious.

Offline Butan

• King
  • Renown: 1713
  • Infamy: 214
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Best tincan EU
    • View Profile
Re: how does strat reset work
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2013, 07:43:07 pm »
+3
chadz will announce how new strat works (at least partially, its up to him basically... invisible patch note spirit :mrgreen:) when he knows what he is gonna say.

Afaik, at each new strat round, a new system to deal with native fiefs was put in place (random distribution, neutral fiefs, voting system), maybe it will be a new one or an old one, time will tell, atm noone have a clue.

Offline Scervo

• Count
  • Renown: 167
  • Infamy: 39
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2013, 08:06:04 pm »
I heard this one would be different but didnt know it was changed everytime. Still though, I'm mostly just curious as to how the voting one worked, so an explanation would be appreciated
« Last Edit: December 17, 2013, 10:28:36 pm by Scervo »

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2013, 09:41:27 pm »
+3
Hope it goes back to neutral fiefs (where nobody owns fiefs).  But I don't think that will happen. 
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline HardRice

• Marshall
  • Renown: 740
  • Infamy: 161
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: 187/Alligator
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2013, 09:54:15 pm »
Hope it goes back to neutral fiefs (where nobody owns fiefs).  But I don't think that will happen.
Agreed.

I miss those old neutral fief battles where the gear was exact and the AI signed on everyone.

Offline Butan

• King
  • Renown: 1713
  • Infamy: 214
  • Best tincan EU
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2013, 12:41:07 am »
Agreed.

I miss those old neutral fief battles where the gear was exact and the AI signed on everyone.

Yep, the only downside was the intentionally not showing players... Would still be a good option for me. Admins could hand out bans if guys from the same faction than the attackers applied for AI defense and didnt show up en masse.

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2013, 04:14:08 pm »
Yep, the only downside was the intentionally not showing players... Would still be a good option for me. Admins could hand out bans if guys from the same faction than the attackers applied for AI defense and didnt show up en masse.

Or maybe game admins could choose who gets to play on the rosters, and even have a designated community teamspeak people could go to?

The AI defenses were pretty terrible for coordination, equipment that was purchased was easily bugged, and for people no-showing (well roster sign-up in general was bad).  But I still liked it better than people starting with a city or castle for free. 

I highly doubt we'll get neutral fiefs in strat 5 unless they did some serious re-working of strategus (which I really doubt).

I'd suggest people start preparing for something similar to the start of strat 4.
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline woody

• Earl
  • Renown: 407
  • Infamy: 138
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Woody, Weebo, Wreky
« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2013, 04:20:16 pm »
Neutral fiefs sounds obvious to me - any other method seems like bollocks to me.

Offline KaMiKaZe_JoE

• Marshall
  • Renown: 904
  • Infamy: 117
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Cavalieres
  • Game nicks: KaMiKaZe _______
« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2013, 04:33:25 pm »
+1
Huseby's right, coordination for neutral fief defense sucked. No leaders, no TS. Usually was a shit-show.

A public TS, or a clan willing to lend out it's TS for such stuff, would fix the problem. Players could elect their leader from whoever joins in-game or in the TS.
"I don't think I'd want to meet anyone from cRPG. Sorry no offense lol" -TG

Offline Erasmas

• Earl
  • Renown: 483
  • Infamy: 138
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The crows had come
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Grey Order
  • Game nicks: Erasmas_the_Grey
« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2013, 04:37:04 pm »
+1
Agreed.

I don't. The quality of eq depended on cash collected in the location, and the eq was purchases automatically, which didn't  work too good. Let me just remind you cities where the only armour available for defenders was Black Armour (top, most expensive and strongest armour at that time), so the server was full of snails and naked archers defending vs perfectly prepared armies of attackers.