Author Topic: Could use some advice on how to balance gear  (Read 2581 times)

Offline 722_

• Marshall
  • Renown: 991
  • Infamy: 19
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Re: Could use some advice on how to balance gear
« Reply #15 on: December 11, 2013, 09:00:42 pm »
+1
Join a clan. If they are good guys, they will let you borrow loads of gear from their armory, they will suggest and offer help, they will call out in teamspeak to watch your back when your being snuck up on, they will offer build and tactical advice, when you all come crashing into enemy together they will try stabbing your enemy so you can finnish him, pulling gankers off you, and chasing down the archers who are trying to ruin your day and face.

Also, any questions you have they can answer in real time while everything is fresh in your mind.

Check the forum for hiring clans. Some have elitist policies about taking on new players, but many are welcoming and helpful and actively strive to help new players find their feet.

(click to show/hide)

Peasants united, great clan made to help new players with a massive armoury that has pretty much every item for you to try. great option to try a variety of gear without spending all your money

http://forum.melee.org/faction-halls/newbies-clan/
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline GRANDMOM

• Marshall
  • Renown: 920
  • Infamy: 140
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: GRANDMOM
« Reply #16 on: December 11, 2013, 11:09:48 pm »
..........eller Kalmarunionen - som är en skandinavisk klan. Gissar bara på grund av ditt namn Antonsson att du är svensk - skicka ett meddelande till mig om du är intresserad. Vi har gear du kan låna och visdom gratis - välkommen broder!

And if you are not swedish - you are welcome anyway to the Kalmarunion  :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

We're working on something cooler than a blog.

Offline antonsson

• Noble
  • Renown: 14
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 11, 2013, 11:19:14 pm »
+3
Oh wow, I really appreciate all the offers and I must say the warmth in this community is somewhat breathtaking compared to a lot of gaming communities these days!

I've already been accepted into the Mercs as a social member (or whatever they call someone who is completely useless but allowed to wear the banner) and I've also gotten heaps of advice so far as well as some gear coming my way. Also it saddens me somewhat to admit, but I've switched to 1h/shield after listening to the arguments given for switching and feeling that their reasons were well founded (I actually have a lot more fun too!) - so I'm no longer a proud polearmer, you'll see me on EU1 running around with my shield up most of the time!

Lastly, your assumption about me being swedish: Du har helt rätt, jag är svensk! :D Tackar hjärtligt för erbjudandet!

Offline GRANDMOM

• Marshall
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 11, 2013, 11:41:13 pm »
Mercs är en bra klan - många bra spelare - bavoos är en svensk i den klanen. Det de kanske saknar är en aktivitet i strategus - men det kanske inte spelar så stor roll för dig.

Kalmar är en helt klart mindre klan än mercs till antalet medlemmar, men vi har långt fler fiefs i strategus och många fler strider du kan delta i för en jävla massa XP, vi har en hel del krig och vi är organiserade och effektiva - kanske den mest effektiva klanen i strategus i förhållade till vår storlek.

Vår faction hall:

http://forum.melee.org/faction-halls/the-kalmar-union-strategus-faction-eu-recruiting-now-54904/

Nämnde jag att den högst rankade killen i dueller är med i Kalmarklanen? Han tränar folk som vill ha hjälp i klanen..... 8-)

Offline antonsson

• Noble
  • Renown: 14
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 12, 2013, 04:42:46 pm »
+1
Going to keep this in english to not exclude the others in what we're saying :)

Funny that you should mention Bavvo, he's my brother (and the reason why Mercs let me in)! For now I'll happily stick with Mercs, but thanks again for the offers!

I've not yet been introduced with Strategus - though I'll probably get there eventually. The battles planned in strategus, are those between clans or how does that work?

Offline Angantyr

• King
  • Renown: 1134
  • Infamy: 130
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 13, 2013, 12:07:57 pm »
Velkommen, håber du bliver.

Offline GRANDMOM

• Marshall
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 13, 2013, 12:42:38 pm »
Going to keep this in english to not exclude the others in what we're saying :)

Funny that you should mention Bavvo, he's my brother (and the reason why Mercs let me in)! For now I'll happily stick with Mercs, but thanks again for the offers!

I've not yet been introduced with Strategus - though I'll probably get there eventually. The battles planned in strategus, are those between clans or how does that work?

Yes, battles are between clans, but others can roster aswell for anyone they want. But basically one army of a clan marches to another army or fief belonging to another clan and attacks it.