Buff DMG and Accuracy
2 (11.8%)
Add pierce throwing knives?
4 (23.5%)
No
8 (47.1%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Voting closed: May 18, 2020, 05:00:16 pm

Author Topic: Buff Throwing Knives/Daggers Please  (Read 415 times)

Offline bensai

• Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 630
  • Infamy: 72
  • cRPG Player
  • Bᴏxɪɴɢ Cʜᴀᴍᴘ #ᴄRPG
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Frisia
  • Game nicks: assington
Buff Throwing Knives/Daggers Please
« on: December 09, 2013, 10:11:03 am »
+2
Alright, take this

Situation1
I was on the battle server, on my native american thrower (18/15 6 PT) with a set of heavy throwing axes and 3 sets of throwing daggers. Disney_Grow was being the usual horse archer, headshotting every thing. she reared her horse against a wall trying to to shoot me, from where i consistently threw 6 daggers at her, not the horse. 5 hit, the last missing, she got away.

I asked,
"disney, how much f*cking IF?"
"0" (she was wearing tribal warrior outfit)

WTF.

Fix dis

Situation 2
Raven_SP1N was using a pike, I threw 4 throwing daggers at him, all hit, then one heavy throwing axe, still not dead 1 heavy throwing axe and 3 throwing daggers later. da fuq

Now, to speak plainly, with good grammar, throwing knives and daggers are fast and all, yes, decently accurate at close range, even while moving. However, they drop from the air drastically at no more than 25/30 yards, and worst of all, even with 6 PT, don't even penetrate mid to high tier medium armor and up.

All I ask is just a few more points of damage, maybe even a type a throwing knife that does pierce damage for those tincans.
                                  just fix the insane drop
« Last Edit: December 09, 2013, 10:19:51 am by bensai »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Bulzur

• Earl
  • Renown: 465
  • Infamy: 102
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild.
  • Game nicks: Guard_Bulzur
Re: Buff Throwing Knives/Daggers Please
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2013, 10:36:53 pm »
Throwing daggers are really very accurate.
But if you're hoping to kill someone with less than 5 body hits, then you're doing it wrong.

Tip : headshot does more damage.

On a more serious sense, you get a total of 8 throwing daggers for 974 gold and 0 slot. If you could easily kill people with such an item, at range, with great accuracy, then it would have maybe been too strong for it's price.

Lastly, MW Throwing daggers got 29 damage, and an higher missile speed (more than 10% more), with also a small boost in accuracy. It gets really fun then.
Oh, you should be able to do a 21/18 or 18/21 at least, at lv31, for a dedicated thrower. There, you'll notice the great accuracy and damage.
[14:36] <@chadz> when you login there is a message "your life as horse archer was too depressing for you. you decided to commit suicide. please create a new char"
[19:32] <@chadz> if(dave_ukr_is_in_server) then rain_chance = 98%;

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 471
  • Infamy: 2382
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
Re: Buff Throwing Knives/Daggers Please
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2013, 10:57:51 pm »
+1
Yeah, just what I need. Those weeaboo bots will have even easier time killing me with their throwing daggers/knives/snowflakes...