Derp?

Do this please!
1 (10%)
Maybe with a few changes... (post)
0 (0%)
This idea is horrible.
9 (90%)

Total Members Voted: 10

Author Topic: How to make Strat more fun  (Read 501 times)

Offline Konrax

• Count
  • Renown: 281
  • Infamy: 107
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Konrax of Chaos
How to make Strat more fun
« on: November 30, 2013, 07:46:12 pm »
Spent some time thinking about how to make Strat the next level and I think I found a way that really makes it interesting.

Add different types of troops that can be created in strat, also build it in that regular crpg play helps achieve this.

There will be 3 types of troops in Strat games;

Peasants
Soldiers
Knights

*Only Knights will actually use the persons "character" from cRPG in strat.

How to generate them:
You can recruit peasants and soldiers from villages and castles. Things already in place can be used to determine production.

How they work:
Peasants and Soldiers are the default unit type in strat, peasants are level 10 characters, and soldiers are level 15. Before the battle begins, roster will be locked for say 15 minutes, that time allows the commander to assign who is a peasant, and who is a solider. Each player when they sign up will post what build they "would" be if they were either a peasant, or solider.

Once assigned a player will spawn with that build during the game, however, like selecting a class, players have the option to change to a knight (their personal character, complete with any gear they own).

Knights:
Knight points are earned on regular cRPG servers, similar to crafting points before, but somehow tied to score, valour, and maybe a few other things. (Such as kill 5 enemies in a row in a single round)

Having knights on the battlefield will depend more on the players participating in the battle choosing to use their own knight points to help their team achieve victory. Clan members will obviously want to use them more easily, but outside players will be less likely to want to use them. This will add a large incentive for players wanting to pay mercenaries who would perhaps be willing to bring knights.

Why would we do this?

1. Being able to play different fun and random builds at low levels in large groups is fun.
2. This variety adds a lot more re-playability and depth to the game.
3. If you get pissed off you can choose to use your main character in a battle.

What do you all think?

Offline Konrax

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: How to make Strat more fun
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2013, 09:03:57 pm »
Reserved:

People put no but wondering why, I think this would make the game much more interesting and give it way more re-playability.

Offline no_rules_just_play

• King
  • Renown: 1401
  • Infamy: 384
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HRE; Peasants United; Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: CapraAegagrusHircus_HRE; no_rules_just_play_HRE
  • IRC nick: norulesjustplay
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2013, 10:17:24 pm »
+1
Hey I have a very good idea! Let's take away the whole character leveling based core of the game and replace it with peasant fights of boredom!
Don't forget to force them to play on normal servers all the time if the want to be able to play anything better than a peasant in a dress.

I can keep saying stuff but I'm too tired, come on think before you write a suggestion...

Offline Konrax

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2013, 12:07:01 am »
You people have no imagination.