Author Topic: Ban Byzantium_Blade  (Read 1557 times)

Offline LordRichrich

• Count
  • Renown: 297
  • Infamy: 115
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Ban Byzantium_Blade
« on: November 27, 2013, 05:47:48 pm »
BAN REQUEST FORM:
1. Name of your character involved Hydroxypropylmethylcellulose
2. Name of offending character(s) Byzantium_Blade
3. Time and server, as accurately as possible 16:35 GMT ish, EU1.
4. Written description of what happened, the whole story. Also what happened before and after. Byzantium_Blade is last player left, he is running away from the one other opponent looking for ammo for his bow, which I have been told several times by admins is against rules, so I poll kick him. Poll goes through at 52% at the start of new round as seen in image link 1. He then spawns again in the same round after kick and poll bans me. Proof of him spawning same round are seen by linking chat log from link 1 and 2.
5. Why you think the offender did what he did.* Because he was mad at me for justly poll kicking him
6. Multiple Screenshots link 1: http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=n36pue&s=5#.UpYgzcTIa6o   link 2: http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=10f5gma&s=5#.UpYhzsTIa6o
7. Names of players who witnessed what happened.** Vladimir_Putain, Byzantium_Ujin, Fredom

Also, BoringlaterAnnoysYou (seen in second link) ALSO ban polled me after Blades unsuccesful ban poll of me.

EDIT: Before kicking blade, I stated reason (sorry for not getting in logs, they don't scroll up enough) and both ban polls on me had no written reason.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2013, 05:50:50 pm by LordRichrich »

Offline Nyu

• Baron
  • Renown: 111
  • Infamy: 11
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Nyu_the_Bro, Zausell and maaaaany more :D
Re: Ban Byzantium_Blade
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2013, 05:54:16 pm »
When I joined the server (right before the kick poll) Byzantium_Blade was facing 2 enemies with a sword and killing one.
Afterwards he dropped his sword, and ran for around 15 seconds, found a bow with ammo and shot him.
Don't know if the kick-poll was justified, since he wasn't looking for ammo for long, but the rage-ban-polls are certainly not, if I'm not mistaken.

Offline LordRichrich

• Count
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2013, 05:56:21 pm »
When I joined the server (right before the kick poll) Byzantium_Blade was facing 2 enemies with a sword and killing one.
Afterwards he dropped his sword, and ran for around 15 seconds, found a bow with ammo and shot him.
Don't know if the kick-poll was justified, since he wasn't looking for ammo for long, but the rage-ban-polls are certainly not, if I'm not mistaken.

He killed the shielder, then dropped his melee wep, picked up a small 1 slot bow, tried to find ammo, couldn'r, dropped it, ran all the way round the map (it was the nordic sea town map for reference) back to the village spawn, repicked up his bow and ammo and then kept running.

Offline Kalp

• Marshall
  • Renown: 750
  • Infamy: 253
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Form ranks, you maggots!
    • View Profile
    • Kahhhaaargaar!!! Uuurrr!!!
  • Faction: Grey Order
  • Game nicks: Kalp_the_Grey
  • IRC nick: Kalp
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2013, 06:18:21 pm »
5. Why you think the offender did what he did.* Because he was mad at me for justly poll kicking him
So you make a poll, because archer was looking for ammo and you call it as a fair poll ? Omg, haters gona hate...
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
The goal of Strategus battles shouldnt be to deprive your enemies of players, but to have full roster both sides and have the gear/tactics/strategy win the day rather than lack of merc support.

Offline Osiris

• King
  • Renown: 1449
  • Infamy: 324
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Merc
  • Game nicks: Osiris. Aethelstan
  • IRC nick: _Osiris_
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2013, 06:21:04 pm »
Server Rules:

No drawing/delaying the round on purpose (i.e. running away or camping unreachable places when you're one of the last people alive)
OK: running away and shooting enemies that are reachable by projectiles
NOT OK: running away or avoiding confrontation when there is nobody to shoot in range or everyone is behind cover.
NOT OK: running away or avoiding confrontation to search for ammo
i make terrible warband videos! https://youtu.be/jUdVGIOuULk

Offline LordRichrich

• Count
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2013, 06:21:45 pm »
So you make a poll, because archer was looking for ammo and you call it as a fair poll ? Omg, haters gona hate...

He was last alive and looking for ammo which is against rules. When I play archer/mounted xbow and am last, I drop my bow. I know I am allowed to shoot all my REMAINING ammo off, not look for more

Offline Kalp

• Marshall
  • Renown: 750
  • Infamy: 253
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Form ranks, you maggots!
    • View Profile
    • Kahhhaaargaar!!! Uuurrr!!!
  • Faction: Grey Order
  • Game nicks: Kalp_the_Grey
  • IRC nick: Kalp
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2013, 06:24:40 pm »
I see. So it's a bad rule.
The goal of Strategus battles shouldnt be to deprive your enemies of players, but to have full roster both sides and have the gear/tactics/strategy win the day rather than lack of merc support.

Offline F i n

• OKAM Developer
  • Renown: 1148
  • Infamy: 155
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
  • Hi
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Fin
  • IRC nick: Fin
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2013, 07:16:19 pm »
oh boy...

Ok here it comes:

As the last player alive, avoiding confrontation by running away, trying to find ammo INDEED IS against the rules - tho this rule was meant to stop HA / HX from delaying - but also does NOT exclude Ranged Infantry.

So yes, Byzantium_Blade was acting against the rules.

Though, in this particular case i really doubt that's a banable offense. And thats why:

Number ONE:

1) First of all, dropping the main weapon could also be just a really unlucky case of pressing the wrong button (for example G instead of V - For those who don't have a keyboard - they're neighbors). In this case, running away isn't actually the worst thing to do - nor is it banable IMO.

2) If 1) = true, he wasn't really searching for ammo, but for a weapon - if a bow is the one closest to you, why not picking it up? I would never ban a player for that kind of accident / stupidity / incapability of pressing the right buttons - no pun intended.

Number TWO:

Worst-case-szenario: He was indeed dropping his sword to find a bow and shoot the opponent. And in this case, he would indeed be punished. But even if, this would be his first ban. And another point could be, that two different players tried to BAN you - because they were obviously thinking you're pollabusing to win a round.

So even IF he was trying to find ammo, i would not ban but warn him.

The big problem here is that the "scale of justice" is quite balanced. 

On the one hand, there's a dude (Reporter) who pollkicked the last man standing during a fight - who, and of that i'm sure, had his reasons.

On the other hand, there's a player (Blade) who never actually got banned for breaking a rule - yet finds himself accused of being a delayer and outlaw.

And in between those two hands there's an admins brain that would be filled with bad consience if he would ban either the dude or the player.

So the bottom line is:

I offer both of you one of my famous BIG RED WARNINGS.

May the one thats guilty please pick it up.

Also, i would really love to see you guys playing together in peace - or war even instead of crying out loud because of that kinds of bagatelles.

I mean is one little fault (And i really don't care on which side it lies) worth all the writing, thinking and raging?

Relax. It's just a game.

« Last Edit: November 27, 2013, 07:29:13 pm by Finuad »
"Life was easier as a borderline alcoholic." (chadz, 2016)

Offline F i n

• OKAM Developer
  • Renown: 1148
  • Infamy: 155
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
  • Hi
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Fin
  • IRC nick: Fin
« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2013, 07:20:20 pm »
we done here?
"Life was easier as a borderline alcoholic." (chadz, 2016)

Offline Bimbo_Jones

• Knight
  • Renown: 45
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Barabe
  • Game nicks: Bimbo_Jones, Jimbo_Bones, Bumbo_Tones, N008, etc.
« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2013, 07:36:57 pm »
u tried to deal the dalyproblem but there is still doublespawning and rage-banpoll... maybe u can say something to that
and btw blade ran until he found a bow and ammo and tried to shoot his enemy but could only hit him once... i dont know if someone pointed that out... since he got killed after that i think the delayproblem isnt the mainreason for this thread
« Last Edit: November 27, 2013, 07:41:30 pm by Bimbo_Jones »

Offline LordRichrich

• Count
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2013, 07:59:19 pm »
I'd like to point out Blade was on MY team when I polled him :)

Also, I'd like to note that you assuming I'm raging or hating is wrong, I see a player do something wrong (hell I wouldn't have made this thread unless he hadn't of rage polled me, as my kick poll went through) so I report it, which is the correct thing to do. If anything, I'm just doing what a moderator does, albeit in a slower more roundabout process. By saying I'm raging etc is to say all admins are raging when they kick/ban somebody. Please consider this in future cases.

Also, as I said he ran round the map for his own bow, past several viable melee wepaons, nevermind the greatsword he intentionally dropped to run faster to find his own bow.

Offline Bulzur

• Earl
  • Renown: 465
  • Infamy: 102
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild.
  • Game nicks: Guard_Bulzur
« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2013, 08:56:40 pm »
I'd like to point out Blade was on MY team when I polled him :)

Also, I'd like to note that you assuming I'm raging or hating is wrong, I see a player do something wrong (hell I wouldn't have made this thread unless he hadn't of rage polled me, as my kick poll went through) so I report it, which is the correct thing to do. If anything, I'm just doing what a moderator does, albeit in a slower more roundabout process. By saying I'm raging etc is to say all admins are raging when they kick/ban somebody. Please consider this in future cases.

Also, as I said he ran round the map for his own bow, past several viable melee wepaons, nevermind the greatsword he intentionally dropped to run faster to find his own bow.

So, since your two points are invalide, what are you going to do Finuad ? Since there's no proof that he's on the same team, nothing changes ?
Nothing, big red warning is enough for the delayer, and too bad for the reporter ?

Bah, guess since i also don't have any bans, i can do something out of the rules "just once", knowing that i'll get a warning ?
(click to show/hide)
Blade isn't new in the game. He's in a clan that is well known and knows well the rules. I don't get this idea of giving a warning for a "first" offence. Light bans exists, and that way you can still see that ban history, instead of remembering who you gave a BIG RED WARNING to.
[14:36] <@chadz> when you login there is a message "your life as horse archer was too depressing for you. you decided to commit suicide. please create a new char"
[19:32] <@chadz> if(dave_ukr_is_in_server) then rain_chance = 98%;

Offline Thomek

• El Director
  • OKAM Developer
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 481
    • View Profile
    • Ninja Guide Wiki
  • Faction: Ninja_
  • Game nicks: Ninja_Thomek
« Reply #12 on: November 27, 2013, 09:11:00 pm »
Since everyone involved here are Jackasses in some way, I'd say leave them with a warning. Sometimes it's hard to judge if the delaying has a good reason.. (like, does he have a chance?)

A ban would cause more grief than what it's worth in this case. So I think Fin came to the right conclusion..

Warning:

FFS guys, behave, don't be delaying fucks, don't BAN poll when a kick poll is enough, don't be little girls in kindergarden..

« Last Edit: November 27, 2013, 09:28:11 pm by Thomek »

That Thomeck-delay-kicking bussiness is like that asshole-retard dude that fucks your sister sometimes.