Poll

Buff +0 melee weapons and reduce stats on looms?

Yes
19 (24.4%)
No
59 (75.6%)

Total Members Voted: 78

Author Topic: Buff +0 melee weapons and reduce stats on looms?  (Read 1516 times)

Offline San

• Developer
  • Renown: 1456
  • Infamy: 143
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • 1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
    • View Profile
    • My youtube Brawl videos
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: San_of_Chaos
  • IRC nick: San
Re: Buff +0 melee weapons and reduce stats on looms?
« Reply #15 on: November 22, 2013, 12:03:26 am »
+2
I think loomed gloves and legs should do something more interesting, that's pretty much it.

Offline Macropus

• King
  • Renown: 1668
  • Infamy: 296
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Macropus
« Reply #16 on: November 22, 2013, 12:05:10 am »
+1
Loomed boots should allow you to jump higher or add some damage on kicks! That would be fun.

Offline Clockworkkiller

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 872
  • Infamy: 573
  • cRPG Player
  • I shit dopamine
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Clockworkkiller
« Reply #17 on: November 22, 2013, 12:11:37 am »
+2
loomed gloves should have spikes on them.

+1 gloves only have little studs

+2 gloves have average spikes

+3 gloves have wolverine blades
You are a horrible human being clockwork.

If i ever get muted on forums, contact me on crpg.net

Offline Kitten_Mittonz

• Baron
  • Renown: 97
  • Infamy: 40
  • cRPG Player
  • KbW KbW KbW #1
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Murder Boner
  • Game nicks: KbW_Jester_MB One_Handed_Hero_Fag
« Reply #18 on: November 22, 2013, 01:45:30 am »
+1

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

''You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don’t help.''

Offline Grumbs

• طالبان
  • King
  • Renown: 1170
  • Infamy: 617
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 22, 2013, 08:39:29 pm »
+2

Making them have more weight would increase the punch damage. A big problem with the looming system imo is that they are all straight upgrades to the base item. Should be that you gain something in exchange for losing something else. Like increased weight makes them punch harder in melee but adds to your global weight, which reduces WPF slightly and makes you move a fraction slower.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2013, 08:56:51 pm by Grumbs »
If you have ranged troubles use this:

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 22, 2013, 08:58:41 pm »
+3
I think looms at this point do nothing except forcing people to use a very limited set of gear, instead of being able to use whatever they want whenever they want at its full efficiency. It encourages people to join big clans to have access to a large armoury. I am for a complete removal of looms so I won't have to nag people about the armoury all the time to get proper gear. Reducing armour looms seems a bigger priority in my opinion.

That would be really boring for new players. They would finally be able to get their first mw to notice that t wasn't worth all the time
This is some backwards reasoning here. So you are saying that the time spent retiring would be a waste if the bonus would be smaller. Do you really not see anything instrinsically wrong with wasting time for pixel rewards? If looms would no longer exist or not give you a considerable advantage they would not have to waste time in the first place and actually get to compete.

Grumbs is doing some proper arguing here and you all shoot it down immediately because you already have your looms and you love grinding for some misguided reason. Really glad the devs at least have already understood the immense flaws with the cRPG progression system.

Offline Johammeth

• King
  • Renown: 1077
  • Infamy: 81
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ConnectiKUTT
« Reply #21 on: November 22, 2013, 09:45:51 pm »
+1
The real reward of "grinding" is play experience, game knowledge, and skill.

If you aren't learning something new each gen, then no amount of looms will save you.

+1/2/3 items are just a cherry on top, which allow you to specialize in a piece of equipment that you really like.

+3 items wouldn't feel so restrictive if people didn't gouge the shit out of each other on trades.

Offline Zlisch_The_Butcher

• King
  • Renown: 1272
  • Infamy: 971
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Faction: Frisian Church of Mork The Goat God
  • Game nicks: Zlisch
  • IRC nick: IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #22 on: November 23, 2013, 11:20:36 am »
+1
That would be really boring for new players. They would finally be able to get their first mw to notice that t wasn't worth all the time
Yeah, it'd be so boring for new players to not be at as big a disadvantage as they currently are. Hey guys, let's make leveling from 33 to 45 take 1mil exp in total, it'll be super fun for new players eventually hitting 45, sure the game will be completely unplayable until they hit 30, but let's not think about that. The way grinding is implemented sucks in cRPG.

So basically being the only low level because people like erziemy old friend stop retiring would be a lesser mountain to climb?. I seriosuly wouldn't see a reason to keep retiring if it was so worthless.
Buff +0's maybe, but nerfing looms is just stupid.
By now most people don't retire/retire at 32-33 anyhow, most players are also in big clans with shitloads of looms or due to having played a long time know people willing to borrow them off, or they retire at 34-36 once for the title.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2013, 11:28:31 am by Zlisch_The_Butcher »
1H stab is the fastest, strongest and longest 1H animation. There's no reason NOT to use it in all instances. I don't know if it's OP, but it's boring. 1H used to be fun because you had a fast (left), long (right) and the most devastating attack (stab) and had to choose the best attack for each occasion.

Offline no_rules_just_play

• King
  • Renown: 1401
  • Infamy: 384
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HRE; Peasants United; Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: CapraAegagrusHircus_HRE; no_rules_just_play_HRE
  • IRC nick: norulesjustplay
« Reply #23 on: November 23, 2013, 01:54:18 pm »
It's not because people no longer retire their main that they don't play alts to get looms while keeping their main on higher level.

I get your point that it would make it easier for starters, but it would make retiring not worth it anymore. That would be boring!

Offline Grumbs

• طالبان
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 23, 2013, 02:25:17 pm »
+3
Retiring is a bit of a newbie trap anyway imo. A newbie for the first 6 months or so is much better off saying "screw looms" and playing level 30+ so he at least has some chance to learn the game in a semi fair capacity. Getting 1 or 2 loom points in exchange for being underlevelled for half your play time is only worth it for players that already played the game a lot, guys that know how to play and are semi good at the game or guys that already have some looms to use as they level. It also limits your options in terms of gear, and as a new player thats a really good way to burn yourself out. You should only really retire as a new player because you want to try a new build or because you are broke

The point where looms become worth having is when you only use your masterwork weapon (and suck a large chunk of fun out of the game by limiting yourself) and when you stack the two armour looms together for +10 armour. Adding several looms together to get +10 body armour, +3 damage, + turn speed etc on a horse is where they get OP imo. I wouldn't even mind it if we could only use one loom at a time.

Buffing +0 will at least allow new players to enjoy the game with a high level character more, rather than getting sucked onto a levelling/gear treadmil thats not even in their interest to take part in yet. I wouldn't be opposed to making levelling faster though too, so you get to 30 quicker but retire after the same sort of length of time (30-31 takes longer)

Offline Grumbs

• طالبان
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 23, 2013, 11:15:30 pm »
+1
Kind of douchy to move it to chamber of tears