Author Topic: Question about shields.  (Read 385 times)

Offline Warlord_Lawrence

• Knight
  • Renown: 55
  • Infamy: 29
  • cRPG Player
  • "Personal Text"? I ain't sharing nothing personal.
    • View Profile
    • CLICK THIS!!!
  • Faction: The faction that doesn't exist.
  • Game nicks: Warlord_Lawrence
  • IRC nick: Warlord_Lawrence
Question about shields.
« on: November 16, 2013, 02:27:20 am »
On a shield, what are hitpoints? Is it durability? Also does the "armor" apply to your entire body or only when you are blocking? Also heavy board shield or plated round shield? Thanks!
~Lawrence

Offline Goat_Fighter

• Knight
  • Renown: 42
  • Infamy: 10
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: 420 Kings of KD
  • Game nicks: Havoc_,Goat_Fighter,Skaldysn,Once_U_Fap_U_Never_Go_Back
  • IRC nick: Chuck Testa
Re: Question about shields.
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2013, 04:11:06 am »
It only accurs when you are blocking I believe it is how much hits the shield can take until it gets destroyed so its durability I believe. I would choose the heavy board it has a lot more to offer than the other one.
Holy mother of wiggle!

Offline Huscarlton_Banks

• Earl
  • Renown: 404
  • Infamy: 15
  • cRPG Player
  • Blatant nudge spammer
    • View Profile
Re: Question about shields.
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2013, 06:51:27 am »
+1
Hitpoints - When the shield is hit, it loses hit points. When hit points reach 0, the shield breaks. All damage types deal the same amount of damage. Weapons with bonus vs. shields deal double raw damage.

Armor - Subtract this number from the damage that would be dealt to the shield. If this would make the damage negative, instead reduce it to 0. If a projectile hits your shield while it is on your back, add shield armor + 10 to your body armor for the hit.
I don't know how/if this works for the 0 slot shields that go on your belt.

Other notes - If a crossbow(or ballista) projectile deals over 30 + 3*(shield's armor) (in this case, 72 damage for +0 heavy board shield), it can pierce the shield and hit you anyway for reduced damage.
High armor, low hitpoint shields get a huge boost in effectiveness when loomed relative to low armor, high hitpoint shields, since the bonus is always +3 speed, +4 armor, +53 hitpoints at +3.