Author Topic: Long Iron Mace horseback  (Read 554 times)

Offline Thrasher

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: DementedRabbit, Ink, Thrasher
Long Iron Mace horseback
« on: May 30, 2011, 07:44:57 pm »
Since I am the only person who uses this weapon, can you give it the ability to be used on horseback again.  It is incredible slow(unbalanced) now and under powered(-3 damage/no crush through) since the nerf.  Really the only thing it ever had going for it was horseback.

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Re: Long Iron Mace horseback
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2011, 07:53:14 pm »
It's the Holy Silver Pumpkin !!! How dare you insulting it by saying it's underpowered !

Offline Diomedes

• Count
  • Renown: 200
  • Infamy: 51
  • cRPG Player
  • Cat
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Sootnik_Diomedes
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2011, 09:37:25 pm »
Don't be unhelpful Kafein.  Thrasher, it's a fair weapon with fair speed, length, and damage.  There are better weapons, sure, but most of them are more expensive.  That said, I would like to see most two-handers be usable weapons on horseback.  Though 1h should keep their reasonable advantage (exchanging length for speed and class proficiency) I don't see why most 2h should be rendered helpless on horseback if they're not exceedingly long or heavy. 

Offline Kafein

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2011, 09:40:40 pm »
Don't be unhelpful Kafein.  Thrasher, it's a fair weapon with fair speed, length, and damage.  There are better weapons, sure, but most of them are more expensive.  That said, I would like to see most two-handers be usable weapons on horseback.  Though 1h should keep their reasonable advantage (exchanging length for speed and class proficiency) I don't see why most 2h should be rendered helpless on horseback if they're not exceedingly long or heavy.

Well I basically said the same thing, you detailed it a little more though.

Afaik it still has the knockdown so it's still badass.

Offline Seawied

• Knight
  • Renown: 45
  • Infamy: 21
  • cRPG Player
  • Climbing in yo window, snatching yo people up!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2011, 09:48:45 pm »
I don't see why you shouldn't be able to use it from horseback. 2h on horseback carry a pretty significant penalty, and the weapon is not obscenely long.
So with PT >10 stones become simple too effective
:lol:

Offline Kafein

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2011, 09:50:33 pm »
I don't see why you shouldn't be able to use it from horseback. 2h on horseback carry a pretty significant penalty, and the weapon is not obscenely long.

Well it's part of the long list of things that weren't broken at all yet the devs changed them. Like faces, like animations...

Offline Digglez

• Duke
  • Renown: 573
  • Infamy: 596
  • cRPG Player
  • YOU INCOMPETENT TOH'PAH!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Northmen
  • Game nicks: GotLander, Hamarr, Digglesan, Black_D34th
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2011, 10:37:43 pm »
maces were pretty popular horseback weapons in the day, so I dont see why morning star is the only one you can use.  I would think a mounted unit would be much more hesistant of using a spike weapon that has a chance of coming back to hurt his horse instead of a rounded one like LIM

there should be more knockdown weapons available from horseback