Author Topic: Those dashing men on ponies  (Read 402 times)

Offline FRANK_THE_TANK

• King
  • Renown: 1312
  • Infamy: 339
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
  • FluckCucker
    • View Profile
  • Faction: A Free and proud Peasant of Fisdnar!!!
  • Game nicks: FRANK_THE_TANK
  • IRC nick: Sippy sip
Those dashing men on ponies
« on: November 10, 2013, 02:27:07 pm »
Bronies unite!

This is mostly a suggestion for BG:M given it involves some pretty advanced animations.

Alter horse acceleration

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Horse_gait

Walk
Trot
Canter
Gallop

To replace the current acceleration/motorcross madness style system.

This then opens up all sorts of interesting thing to add to the horses. Some horses can cut straight from trot to gallop others have to slowly build their way through each. Acceleration is about building up from each to the next and so on.

Once a horse is at a gallop it should start being effected by stamina, basically over heating. Preferably if you push it to far it dies and PETA appears on magic carpets and murders you with fire balls from the sky.

Stamina can have different ratings for different horses.

It would add more depth to cav and it would also look cool as shit watching cav formations trot into line build into a canter and then finally come and fuck your shit up at full gallop. I think a lot of people will just stand there and watch as they are run down and slaughtered like the filthy peasants that they are.

So in summary. Replace the acceleration system and animations for horses. Add stamina to the "gallop"/top speed of horses to make it a strategic investment, at all costs avoid the massively retarded gallop system of WoTR. I did enjoy murdering people at will from horse back in WoTR and absolutely face fucking all the cav I came up against but fuck me it was such a stupid broken system :/

----

Friendship is magic mother fuckers, get on it.

Fammi un pompino!

I think I have ball cancer in my right nut :(
Good news everybody! It's not nut cancer :)
Bad news everybody, I got dumped :(

Offline no_rules_just_play

• King
  • Renown: 1401
  • Infamy: 384
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HRE; Peasants United; Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: CapraAegagrusHircus_HRE; no_rules_just_play_HRE
  • IRC nick: norulesjustplay
Re: Those dashing men on ponies
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2013, 04:34:43 pm »
+1
same goes for more advanced horse steering, where your horse can throw itself to the side  (given it's not on high speed) etc..

Offline Palurgee

• Duke
  • Renown: 607
  • Infamy: 87
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: palurgee, brokeback_mountaineer, denarii
  • IRC nick: palurgee
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2013, 11:38:43 pm »
+1
I disagree with every suggestion that brings up stamina ... I just don't think it belongs in the game and it would difficult to implement, and more likely to upset the community than to appeal to them. Otherwise some nice things here.

same goes for more advanced horse steering, where your horse can throw itself to the side  (given it's not on high speed) etc..

Yeah, it'd be cool if CTRL + J (rearing) gave you some advanced sensitivity or something so that you could turn your horse up to 180 degrees, rather than just staying facing the same direction.

Offline FRANK_THE_TANK

• King
  • Renown: 1312
  • Infamy: 339
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
  • FluckCucker
    • View Profile
  • Faction: A Free and proud Peasant of Fisdnar!!!
  • Game nicks: FRANK_THE_TANK
  • IRC nick: Sippy sip
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2013, 02:41:06 am »
+1
I disagree with every suggestion that brings up stamina ... I just don't think it belongs in the game and it would difficult to implement, and more likely to upset the community than to appeal to them. Otherwise some nice things here.

Then your a madman and their is no helping you, good day sir!
Fammi un pompino!

I think I have ball cancer in my right nut :(
Good news everybody! It's not nut cancer :)
Bad news everybody, I got dumped :(