• Infamy: 116
  • cRPG Player
  • Fudusious (Ruff Ryders)
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Fudusious is gay
Idea
« on: October 30, 2013, 03:41:33 pm »
+5
I know the community is having withdrawal symptoms but kinnigram said something in one of his comments on a post that made me think of something that would be cool.

Say you spend an extended amount of time becoming lvl 31-35 and you are really bored with your build, and really there are only a limited amount of things you can do.

2H/1H/POLE/CAV/ARCHER/XBOW OR a combination of two of those to really have a consistent good build. Then after 1-2 years of playing thisgood fun mod made by theawesome devs, you get bored, and that is the bottom line. Then you quit or take a extended break, and that is when the community really starts to go on a down lift and server population decreases and then that puts thoughts in other peoples mind to quit also. So why not come up with a solution to that problem.

You should have an option for like 100k-300k a REASONABLE  amount of gold, that you could maybe make in 2-3 weeks of playing with light gear, and for this price you can respec and pick another build.

I do not see this at all affecting the cash flow in the CRPG economy, i just see this as a better way of having fun, rather than spending 2-3 million gold on a respec and then for another 5 months you have no gold left and have to peasant it up and not have fun, resulting in quitting.

So basically, i think for a reasonable price, you should be able to respec without getting totally fucked over.

I HATE hearing stories of people grinding for 2 years and becoming lvl 34 or 35 and then respecing because they are bored and then after a week hate what they are doing, and end up quitting or something stupid.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2013, 06:02:49 pm by Villain »

Offline Razzer

• Earl
  • Renown: 366
  • Infamy: 92
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Intermezzo
Re: Idea
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2013, 03:46:10 pm »
+1
All I want for christmas is the revival of the cRPG servers...

Offline MURDERTRON

• King
  • Renown: 1337
  • Infamy: 428
    • View Profile
  • Faction: TRUMP / WEST 2020
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2013, 03:46:31 pm »
+1
No.
▀█▀▒█▀█▒█▒█▒█▒▒▒█▒█▀█▒▒█▀█▒█▀█▒█▀█▒█▀█▒█
▒█▒▒█▄█▒█▒█▒██▒██▒█▄█▒▒▄▄█▒█▒█▒▄▄█▒█▒█▒█
▒█▒▒█▀▄▒█▄█▒█▒█▒█▒█▒▒▒▒█▄▄▒█▄█▒█▄▄▒█▄█▒▄

Offline Prpavi

• King
  • Renown: 1525
  • Infamy: 402
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • 私 わ 変態 です
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Prpavi, Prpafeee
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2013, 03:46:37 pm »
Make this happen and you're gonna have one fully loomed lvl 32 HA I kid you not  :mrgreen:
And now he can't play because of "common sense" and he doesn't understand how this common sense works
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline MURDERTRON

• King
  • Renown: 1337
  • Infamy: 428
    • View Profile
  • Faction: TRUMP / WEST 2020
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2013, 03:49:12 pm »
Make this happen and you're gonna have one fully loomed lvl 32 HA I kid you not  :mrgreen:

That's exactly what Mokuchin did when he finally won a respec auction for 3 mil.
▀█▀▒█▀█▒█▒█▒█▒▒▒█▒█▀█▒▒█▀█▒█▀█▒█▀█▒█▀█▒█
▒█▒▒█▄█▒█▒█▒██▒██▒█▄█▒▒▄▄█▒█▒█▒▄▄█▒█▒█▒█
▒█▒▒█▀▄▒█▄█▒█▒█▒█▒█▒▒▒▒█▄▄▒█▄█▒█▄▄▒█▄█▒▄

Offline Tzar

• Marshall
  • Renown: 996
  • Infamy: 564
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Byzantium
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_TzarOfRushYa
  • IRC nick: TZAR
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2013, 05:50:43 pm »
+1
Fuck that i dun care no more...

Ive respecced a million times now since lvl 34...
I've never played a server where people split up as much or as often as on EU1.  No wonder range is having a field day.

Offline Villain

• Count
  • Renown: 196
  • Infamy: 116
  • cRPG Player
  • Fudusious (Ruff Ryders)
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Fudusious is gay
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2013, 05:51:18 pm »
Fuck that i dun care no more...

Ive respecced a million times now since lvl 34...

your profile pic amuses me!!

Offline Bulzur

• Earl
  • Renown: 465
  • Infamy: 102
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild.
  • Game nicks: Guard_Bulzur
« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2013, 06:01:35 pm »
+3
If you're bored with your build, play an alt with a different build, or a skipthefun at lv30 already, if you're too bored to go through the peasant's level.
The retiring option was also made to counter this "bored" aspect. If you can't give up on all the xp you've grinded so far, then it's your own fault, for grinding instead of playing for fun.

The fact that the respec is in an auction, and that it actually goes sometimes at 3M, means there's people who believe it is worth that much.

There has already been a lot of "new ideas" about making respec free for under lv30, not expensive, etc... and there has always been decent arguments to counter this.

Can't remember them all, and you can use the awesome search function for that.
Couple of them being :
- archery (foot or mounted) is terrible at bad levels. Allowing free respec, would mean players going melee till lv31 then respeccing in range. Too easily.
- free respec would be a problem for strat. The fact that it takes 7 days for an alt to be the new main, means they dont' want people to freely change class so often. Thus, expensive respec.
- Too many cavs in your server : free respec as cav. Too many range : free respec as range. We don't want this kind of things happening.

So NO.

Then after 1-2 years of playing this gay fucking good fun mod made by the gay eu awesome devs
I also heavily dislike your sense of humor, using strikedthrough text just to try being funny. But that's just personal, and has not influenced my opinion about your idea at all. Wich is terrible.

I HATE hearing stories of people grinding for 2 years and becoming lvl 34 or 35 and then respecing because they are bored and then after a week hate what they are doing, and end up quitting or something stupid.

How many stories of that have you heard so far ? Please point them out for us.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2013, 06:07:04 pm by Bulzur »
[14:36] <@chadz> when you login there is a message "your life as horse archer was too depressing for you. you decided to commit suicide. please create a new char"
[19:32] <@chadz> if(dave_ukr_is_in_server) then rain_chance = 98%;

Offline Torben

• King
  • Renown: 2011
  • Infamy: 352
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • still prepare to get sexed
    • View Profile
  • Faction: by my overly nerfed heavy lance.
« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2013, 06:07:06 pm »
+1
hail kinnigram!
Yes, I know from whence I came! Discontented as a flame, Upon myself I live and glow. All I grasp like lightning flashes, All I leave behind is ashes
Flame I am - that much I know!

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Grumpy_Nic

• King
  • Renown: 1023
  • Infamy: 306
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: Hermann_von_Krems
« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2013, 06:47:29 pm »
Dont reward high levels even more, you just want a cheap way to own "normal" level players. Shit on that

Offline njames89

• the Old Leaf
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 1488
  • Infamy: 457
  • cRPG Player
  • Deus vult, Dieu le veut, God wills it!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kingdom of Acre, The Holy Chadzian Empire
  • Game nicks: King James IV, John IV, Temujin of the Wolves, William III
« Reply #10 on: October 30, 2013, 06:57:53 pm »
I can't tell but is this thread about the servers being down? Are they still down? Help?

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 30, 2013, 07:00:31 pm »
+1
your profile pic amuses me!!

Based on information I have gathered about you from your posts so far, this is not surprising.