Author Topic: Screenshots from Nova Radoghir (GREAT FCC VICTORY)  (Read 1018 times)

Offline UnholyRolyPoly

• Earl
  • Renown: 348
  • Infamy: 68
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Screenshots from Nova Radoghir (GREAT FCC VICTORY)
« on: October 07, 2013, 02:07:26 am »
+11
I took screenshots throughout the battle because I wanted as much intel as possible.  I assumed it would take several armies to take this castle and the only images we had were top down.  Therefore I was going to use this opportunity to build an AAR (After Action Report.)   
(click to show/hide)

At this point the battle had begun.  As you can see they were sniping us from the walls.  The interesting thing about this castle is how wide the walls are.  Their ranged had plenty of room and were not at all limited to the towers.  This first orders Kesh gave were to build 4 catapults.  In the next series you will see we took down the center wall and ladder spammed the right wall.  If you look at the original pictures the right wall is sealed off from the rest of the castle.  Once we took it.... we gained a nice foothold that was very hard to take back.
(click to show/hide)
As you can see the catapult had taken down the center wall and we capped their flags on the right wall.
(click to show/hide)
Kesh tried to build a Forward spawn in front of the breach... we tried to protect it but they were able to break it.
(click to show/hide)
The Battle was pretty much localized in the breach and the stairwell to the right at this point.  We did open up a second breach with the catapults but I don't think I have any good pictures of it. 
(click to show/hide)
The first successful forward spawn was built on the far right wall.  PErfect placement (great job engineers) on the roof of the tower.  They tried once or twice to put siege ladders to it but never even attempted more than a half ass push.  (2-3 guys)  Thus our Forward Spawn was safe and the course of the battle shifted in our favor.  It seems to me that if they made a directed effort to break that spawn they might have been able to hold out a lot longer. 
(click to show/hide)
Because of the New Forward Spawn we pushed them away from the breach/stairwell and never even came close to loosing either.  Most of the fighting took place in the courtyard for a short time.  Then they retreated to their last remaining wall and tower.
(click to show/hide)
At this point I noticed the archers having a field day from the center tower.  Meaining....  I got killed by an archer from the center tower lol.  We would eventually take the rooftops and that tower before finishing off their last wall.  Personally I feel like Occitan made a huge mistake allowing us to easily take those rootops especially the highest one.  I'm not an archer.... nor am I an experienced strat player.... but as a 2h...  I was a lot more comfortable knowing our ranged held those positions.
(click to show/hide)
The fighting became pretty bogged down at the stairwell.  They surged... we surged... it was a good fight.
(click to show/hide)
I took a few more overhead shots given the new status of the castle.  Again I was collecting intel so we could assualt the castle but... no need lol.
(click to show/hide)
By this time they had one wall left.  Their pikes were stabbing us from above.  Everytime we managed to take the stairwell they took it back.  We pushed.... they pushed... it was gridlock for the most part until we got a few more forward spawns up and started ladder spamming the tower on the right of the stairwell.  They managed to push us back a few times but we eventually secured everything but the last part of the wall. 
(click to show/hide)
We built a new forward spawn in the breach and I think it cut down on our run just enough to get us the extra push.  Once again... the engineers won this battle.
(click to show/hide)
Now it's almost over.  It's nothing but a stout and bloody fight.  It took us a little while and we even surged over their flags a couple of times.  But they managed to push us back.... until we finally finished it.
(click to show/hide)
The final blow was a ton of ladders spammed over their remaining wall.  We just kept pushing them from both sides and eventually we capped their flags. 
(click to show/hide)

I didn't even manage to take a final screenshot.

Keep in mind these weren't action shots.  I was trying to capture as much information as possible.  But....  Kesh did such a great job commanding the battle.... that we managed to cap their flags and walk away with something like 7000 troops and god knows what gear/gold.  Congrats to everyone in the FCC. 
« Last Edit: October 07, 2013, 02:57:01 am by UnholyRolyPoly »

Offline Duster

• Marshall
  • Renown: 730
  • Infamy: 89
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Mr_Pibb, Mellow_Yellowtf
Re: Screenshots from Nova Radoghir (GREAT FCC VICTORY)
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2013, 02:14:10 am »
+5
Grats to FCC on taking this castle, very well planned and carried out. I can't honestly think of much that the defending side could have done better. When it came down to it, the defenders were out engineered and outfought.

Also, throw those screens in a spoiler, please.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Leman_Russ

• Knight
  • Renown: 58
  • Infamy: 13
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2013, 02:19:16 am »
+2
Not to sound jewish, but who do i talk to for that prize money?

Offline Sandersson Jankins

• King
  • Renown: 1450
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CSA Apologists
  • Game nicks: fnord
  • IRC nick: "There's always a bigger nerd"- Qui-Gong Jim, Star Trek IV: Electric Boogalo
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2013, 02:24:58 am »
+9
We got the shit kicked out of us and I was personally distraught during and after the battle because of it.

(click to show/hide)

the administrator of this forum is the Internet Keyboard man? Can only play "authority" in the virtual world?Can you tell me why?

Offline Lt_Anders

• King
  • Renown: 1049
  • Infamy: 651
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Man, I still play this shit?
    • View Profile
    • Drowtales
  • Faction: Astralis
  • Game nicks: Anders_Astralis
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2013, 02:28:51 am »
We got the shit kicked out of us and I was personally distraught during and after the battle because of it.

(click to show/hide)

Ildist did worse than my castle siege!...maybe

Offline BaleOhay

• Marshall
  • Renown: 789
  • Infamy: 229
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BS
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2013, 02:56:22 am »
+3
Not to sound jewish, but who do i talk to for that prize money?

Put up stones and kesh will pay you..

Engineers had a lot to do with that win (also the great gear and fighters) but at the start we prob had 7-10 engineers working together. Built 5 catapults very quickly and even when we lost a guy to firing it seemed we had plenty of others willing to build. It cut the slow start time of the siege down to only 10-15 mins total. Was a fun fight.

It looked like you guys had alright gear. How bad was it?
Leader of BS

Offline Sandersson Jankins

• King
  • Renown: 1450
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CSA Apologists
  • Game nicks: fnord
  • IRC nick: "There's always a bigger nerd"- Qui-Gong Jim, Star Trek IV: Electric Boogalo
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2013, 03:18:21 am »
+3
Put up stones and kesh will pay you..

Engineers had a lot to do with that win (also the great gear and fighters) but at the start we prob had 7-10 engineers working together. Built 5 catapults very quickly and even when we lost a guy to firing it seemed we had plenty of others willing to build. It cut the slow start time of the siege down to only 10-15 mins total. Was a fun fight.

It looked like you guys had alright gear. How bad was it?

The body armour was pretty alright, +3 varangapulous (sp?) armour for 200 tickets, +1 yashawns and other assorted shit for the others. Gloves sucked, with -1 plate mittens and unloomed mail mittens for the rest. Helmets and boots were rather average, but I didn't pay too much mind to them either. Not sure about 1h or 2h weapons, but polearms had 50 +3 long war axes and the rest were mediocre +1 polearms, with no loomed longspears/pikes.

It wasn't really the gear that did us in; we still had almost 30 mins on the timer when you flag capped. As I've said before, your side excels in sieges and ours excels in open field battles. Villages are something of a toss-up, depending on the map. You also did particularly well on this attack in addition to your mercenary pool being better at siege than other types of fights.

the administrator of this forum is the Internet Keyboard man? Can only play "authority" in the virtual world?Can you tell me why?

Offline Mae.

• Duke
  • Renown: 516
  • Infamy: 61
  • cRPG Player
  • :3
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Remnant
  • Game nicks: mae
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2013, 04:07:34 am »
+2
The body armour was pretty alright, +3 varangapulous (sp?) armour for 200 tickets, +1 yashawns and other assorted shit for the others. Gloves sucked, with -1 plate mittens and unloomed mail mittens for the rest. Helmets and boots were rather average, but I didn't pay too much mind to them either. Not sure about 1h or 2h weapons, but polearms had 50 +3 long war axes and the rest were mediocre +1 polearms, with no loomed longspears/pikes.

It wasn't really the gear that did us in; we still had almost 30 mins on the timer when you flag capped. As I've said before, your side excels in sieges and ours excels in open field battles. Villages are something of a toss-up, depending on the map. You also did particularly well on this attack in addition to your mercenary pool being better at siege than other types of fights.

REKTTTTTTTTTTTTTT

Offline chesterotab

• Game Admin (trial)
  • Renown: 634
  • Infamy: 45
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2013, 04:48:04 am »
Wow   :o

I really wanted to get in on this siege, but RL fucked my plans up. Thought this castle would take multiple sieges to break, I was wrong. Nice job to FCC and the insane pro-gineers. 

Sweet screenshots btw, looks like strategus at it's finest

▲ ▲

Offline ShiftKnife

• Baron
  • Renown: 143
  • Infamy: 15
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Sovereign Kingdom of Thirdarrell
  • Game nicks: SKoT_ShiftKnife
« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2013, 05:57:24 am »
+1
I think the catapults really wrecked it for the defenders. It was a good plan.

dead clan leader

Offline Malgalad

• Count
  • Renown: 178
  • Infamy: 4
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2013, 02:41:31 am »
 :| Lastly,I spawn a ladder want to jump out the wall then go to left wall and put a flag up. :? But, I bugged in the corner of the wall. I can't move.

Offline arowaine

• Duke
  • Renown: 614
  • Infamy: 159
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • http://occitanclan.webs.com/
  • Faction: Occitan
  • Game nicks: Occitan_Arowaine
  • IRC nick: arowaine
« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2013, 05:38:09 am »
+1
correction you guys faugth The Mate army and not occitan army but really well fougth was really impressive!
« Last Edit: October 10, 2013, 05:41:47 am by arowaine »
Desire: pls smite FCC 2.0 T.T

Offline ildist

• Earl
  • Renown: 414
  • Infamy: 56
  • cRPG Player
  • hehexd
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CHAOS, THE MATES
  • Game nicks: Ildist_of_Chaos
« Reply #12 on: October 10, 2013, 11:37:11 pm »
congrats but to be honest we haven't done anything for like 4+ months and the only gear in there was loot from old battles

Malaclypse: now every time I eat them I think about her that girl's snatch
Malaclypse: it tortures me
That Guy: wat