Poll

Spear/Pike weapons are:

Working as intended and not overpowered.
23 (60.5%)
Too effective against infantry, but effective enough against cavalry.
7 (18.4%)
Too fast when it comes to stabbing.
1 (2.6%)
Able to change where they are stabbing far too easily.
1 (2.6%)
Too fast at stabbing AND change directions too easily.
6 (15.8%)

Total Members Voted: 38

Voting closed: June 09, 2011, 10:23:43 pm

Author Topic: Pike/Spear/Polearmpokiethings Stab too fast on foot?  (Read 1465 times)

Offline Rumblood

• King
  • Renown: 1199
  • Infamy: 420
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: GrannPappy
Re: Pike/Spear/Polearmpokiethings Stab too fast on foot?
« Reply #15 on: May 12, 2011, 04:04:23 am »
The OP ran into WaltF4 and is here to get him nerfed. Few others (if any) can use it the way WaltF4 can. While you're at it ask for another Goretooth nerf (Bec de Corbin) or Robin nerf (Bow) or any other weapon some of the standouts use.
"I don't think much of a man who is not wiser today than he was yesterday" – Abraham Lincoln

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Konrax

• Count
  • Renown: 281
  • Infamy: 107
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Konrax of Chaos
« Reply #16 on: May 12, 2011, 07:19:45 am »
How the hell is unrealistic? Ffs that's what they were designed to do in the first place. *doh*. Besides you can do that with 1h and 2h too. L2reality before you make half-assed statements like that.  :rolleyes:

Ever try doing it with a pike that's twice the size of you and usually requires you to dig it into the ground in order to actually use it against cavalry? and has a giant metal tip at the end? Not exactly something you can spin around with.

doh.

Offline Cyclopsided

• Duke
  • Renown: 513
  • Infamy: 51
  • Formerly "Marathon". #sluttiestAdmin
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CHAOS
  • Game nicks: Cyclopsided_of_Chaos, CYBD, Brunchlady
  • IRC nick: Cyclopsided
« Reply #17 on: May 12, 2011, 07:46:46 am »
Ever try doing it with a pike that's twice the size of you and usually requires you to dig it into the ground in order to actually use it against cavalry? and has a giant metal tip at the end? Not exactly something you can spin around with.

doh.
oh no this 6 to 8 pound 3 meter spear is SOO hard to move around around.  (in the most extreme sense of the pike, all pokey weapons considered) /sarcasm
and uh yeah vs cavalry it needs to be braced  in real life-- otherwise it is a regular spear. that point is so irrelevant since none of this discussion is even about cav anyways.
besides, no real pikes are in this game so if you make that point it will also be moot. I don't see any 5-6 meter long rather immobile pikes. [because they get broken by the game engine]

We are dead serious that your realism argument is completely wrong. Not even close. If you wanted to argue that, they should be able to poke way faster. Really, quit while your ahead on that argument.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2011, 08:11:58 am by Marathon »
Also, I have declared myself #1 NA hybrid thrower
Formerly known as Marathon.
As an NA admin, I am the most laid back and concerned with the ~fun of the game~ above all other factors. I've also been super inactive since Summer 2012. University takes most of my time, but I still find some time to play when i can.

Offline Konrax

• Count
  • Renown: 281
  • Infamy: 107
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Konrax of Chaos
« Reply #18 on: May 12, 2011, 07:01:35 pm »
oh no this 6 to 8 pound 3 meter spear is SOO hard to move around around.  (in the most extreme sense of the pike, all pokey weapons considered) /sarcasm
and uh yeah vs cavalry it needs to be braced  in real life-- otherwise it is a regular spear. that point is so irrelevant since none of this discussion is even about cav anyways.
besides, no real pikes are in this game so if you make that point it will also be moot. I don't see any 5-6 meter long rather immobile pikes. [because they get broken by the game engine]

We are dead serious that your realism argument is completely wrong. Not even close. If you wanted to argue that, they should be able to poke way faster. Really, quit while your ahead on that argument.

If you want to throw the realism argument in then sword/shield users should be able to block and swing their weapons at the same time.

Either way, the reach to speed ratio is much too high I think for this weapon IF it is supposed to be an infantry support weapon, how it stands now you can use a pike in 1v1 fighting if you want and just run around in circles randomly stabbing at who ever gets close enough to you.

This really wasn't a problem before they changed the stab animation to the better 2h one, which with all logical power makes the longest stabbing weapons in the game significantly better.

Offline Cyclopsided

• Duke
  • Renown: 513
  • Infamy: 51
  • Formerly "Marathon". #sluttiestAdmin
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CHAOS
  • Game nicks: Cyclopsided_of_Chaos, CYBD, Brunchlady
  • IRC nick: Cyclopsided
« Reply #19 on: May 13, 2011, 06:03:19 am »
If you want to throw the realism argument in then sword/shield users should be able to block and swing their weapons at the same time.
...you were the one arguing realism so I pointed out that it was wrong.
And every weapon can attack while parrying in real life and in game.
in game it is called chambering.
Also, I have declared myself #1 NA hybrid thrower
Formerly known as Marathon.
As an NA admin, I am the most laid back and concerned with the ~fun of the game~ above all other factors. I've also been super inactive since Summer 2012. University takes most of my time, but I still find some time to play when i can.