Author Topic: 1H/Shield info/help !  (Read 561 times)

Offline Cole

• Peasant
  • Renown: 5
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Deserters
  • Game nicks: N1cole_of_Cherryland
1H/Shield info/help !
« on: October 02, 2013, 04:52:52 pm »
+3
So just few questions  :rolleyes: :lol:
I am playing 1H/Shield and got killed many times with 2h kick then swing and i am unable to defend or evade or block that swing so i get new scar on my face evrey time it hits me.... 
Is there a way to evade 2h kick and or to block swing after kick??
How?

I see there was people roling on ground when knocked down.
How to roll when u get knocked down?

Thx in advance :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Anyway even in game it sucks that u can do leg kick and stun a man with shield infront of him (and then swing ur sword like nothing happend  :lol:) :wink:.... :lol:

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
Re: 1H/Shield info/help !
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2013, 05:40:27 pm »
The instant you're kicked you can double tap left or right movement key (double tap "A" or "D" by default). 

There's no way to block after being kicked until your char is done moving.  The kick has an arc in front of the foot (and to the side of the leg) that is active until the foot is back on the ground.  The only way to avoid being kicked is to never move towards someone s-keying away from you.  Even if you try to attack from one side of their front you will still be kicked.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline Phew

• Marshall
  • Renown: 775
  • Infamy: 132
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Phew_XVI
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2013, 05:58:16 pm »
So just few questions  :rolleyes: :lol:
I am playing 1H/Shield and got killed many times with 2h kick then swing and i am unable to defend or evade or block that swing so i get new scar on my face evrey time it hits me.... 
Is there a way to evade 2h kick and or to block swing after kick??
How?

I see there was people roling on ground when knocked down.
How to roll when u get knocked down?

Thx in advance :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Anyway even in game it sucks that u can do leg kick and stun a man with shield infront of him (and then swing ur sword like nothing happend  :lol:) :wink:.... :lol:

Welcome to kickRPG. Seriously, you will spend a lot of time being kicked; people see a shield and immediately start kicking. Best counter is to keep a safe distance (~1m or so) and stab/right swing a lot. If you are close enough to left swing or overhead, you are close enough to be kicked.

Offline Cole

• Peasant
  • Renown: 5
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Deserters
  • Game nicks: N1cole_of_Cherryland
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2013, 06:08:38 pm »
+2
Thx a lot very fast answer  :D :lol: :lol: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Offline Matey

• King
  • Renown: 1327
  • Infamy: 372
  • cRPG Player
  • A Pirate
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Matey_BRD
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2013, 06:21:58 pm »
+1
There are a few things you can... but depending on your build it can be extremely difficult in avoiding kicks. Some things that will help though...

1: Get a longer 1h like the long espada and try not to get too close to enemies.. it takes some getting used to and does put you in danger of swinging and hitting air then taking a big 2h to the face.. but if you get the distance down its tough for them to kick you.
2: when approaching an enemy, NEVER walk in a straight line at them. Always come at them from an angle and try to keep circling around to make it harder for them to kick you... this is really hard if you have low athletics or too much armour though as you won't be fast enough to close into range on an angle and they can just S-Key and spam.
3: Related to #2... but... have 8 athletics and light armour... the mobility is your best chance to avoid kicks.
4: if you are in close with the enemy make sure you keep moving in unpredictable ways, and if the enemy tries to back up a bit, make sure again that you do not advance straight at him... it is VERY common for kickers to back off just a touch and then hold still while lining up a kick... always advance on awkward angles.

hopefully that helps a bit... being kicked is pretty much the worst thing ever and even if you employ all the tips I've listed here you will still get kicked occasionally because of the bullshit reach, area of effect and duration of kicks... but if you get used to dealing with kicks then you should hit them when they kick more often than you get kicked.

Offline bavvoz

• Earl
  • Renown: 323
  • Infamy: 27
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Bavvo
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2013, 07:27:18 pm »
1. Spot a kick spammer
2. Grab a arbalest and shoot
3. If getting called things, simply suggest picking up a shield and feel like how it is getting kicked around.

Seriously though id say that right swing is a dear friend, use its reach and stay away ftom the magic boots :)