Author Topic: Bring back the Melee server  (Read 1966 times)

Offline Riddaren

• Duke
  • Renown: 601
  • Infamy: 298
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: Riddaren, Matthaus
Re: Bring back the Melee server
« Reply #30 on: August 25, 2013, 12:35:00 am »
+2
My problem with melee only is that the absence of both cavalry and ranged allows people to all roll with the same feggit builds which have no real disadvantages in a melee only server, high AGI 2h. Other arbitrary rules like no pikes/longspears and no mauls basically just creates an environment where Swedish/German 14 year old 2h scrubs circlewank at each others lolfeints or call each other noobs all the time.

This was the problem with the melee server. The rules against pikes and mauls.
Either way, I was a frequent player on that server when I wasn't playing lancer.

Offline Nightmare798

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 400
  • Infamy: 502
  • cRPG Player
  • Darksider on redemption
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 25, 2013, 12:39:48 am »
would you imagine how many 2h/pole spammers would be stuck there? nonononono, ranged exist for a reason, and that is to keep those str junkies in check...
Tseng: Used to the bitter taste of refusal, this only serves to reinforce his greatest life lession yet.
Cloud: And that is?
Tseng: Bitches, man.

Offline Normanguy

• Knight
  • Renown: 72
  • Infamy: 78
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 25, 2013, 11:34:48 pm »
+1
Melee server was good fun with some adjustments to what gear and weapons are allowed to be used eill open it up for a wider variety of players and styles.

+1 for bringing it back, was a good community in their, amungst myself and many others enjoyed fighting against each other in their also.

I liked the arena maps too :D was a good server get it back up !!:))

Offline Ellie

• Baron
  • Renown: 108
  • Infamy: 10
  • cRPG Player
  • It's a traaaaaap
    • View Profile
  • Faction: DLB
  • Game nicks: DLB_Ellie, Ellietrap, Ellie_Rocks_Your_World
  • IRC nick: Ellietrap
« Reply #33 on: August 25, 2013, 11:42:14 pm »
+1
would you imagine how many 2h/pole spammers would be stuck there? nonononono, ranged exist for a reason, and that is to keep those str junkies in check...

On my str crutch I barely even feel arrows. Certain crossbows still hurt a lot though.

Would be nice to play melee only even just once in a while to run around without some xbower shotgunning me point blank in the face.

Nerf everything. Buff naked fist fights.

Offline Zaalback

• Count
  • Renown: 254
  • Infamy: 64
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Grey Order
  • Game nicks: Zaalback
« Reply #34 on: August 26, 2013, 11:37:01 am »
+2
It costs me nothing but time to try again . I can host a melee server like I usually did, but don't expect it to be official , as Meow is dead since quite a long time now :/ .