Author Topic: Can we fix cliffs?  (Read 668 times)

Offline Palurgee

• Duke
  • Renown: 607
  • Infamy: 87
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: palurgee, brokeback_mountaineer, denarii
  • IRC nick: palurgee
Can we fix cliffs?
« on: August 23, 2013, 06:20:28 am »
+1
Can it be made that you go incredibly slow through those cliffs rather than getting stuck? I have to sleep, eat, and work. Having to go to targets completely out of my way to avoid the cliffs is just a pain in the ass and I can't be watching the strategus map all the time. Next time you pass New Dhirim take a look at the dozens of new players stuck in those cliffs.

Offline MURDERTRON

• King
  • Renown: 1337
  • Infamy: 428
    • View Profile
  • Faction: TRUMP / WEST 2020
Re: Can we fix cliffs?
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2013, 05:59:12 pm »
+7
Can it be made that you go incredibly slow through those cliffs rather than getting stuck? I have to sleep, eat, and work. Having to go to targets completely out of my way to avoid the cliffs is just a pain in the ass and I can't be watching the strategus map all the time. Next time you pass New Dhirim take a look at the dozens of new players stuck in those cliffs.

They aren't new... Most of them have been stuck there for a year.
▀█▀▒█▀█▒█▒█▒█▒▒▒█▒█▀█▒▒█▀█▒█▀█▒█▀█▒█▀█▒█
▒█▒▒█▄█▒█▒█▒██▒██▒█▄█▒▒▄▄█▒█▒█▒▄▄█▒█▒█▒█
▒█▒▒█▀▄▒█▄█▒█▒█▒█▒█▒▒▒▒█▄▄▒█▄█▒█▄▄▒█▄█▒▄

Offline Mae.

• Duke
  • Renown: 516
  • Infamy: 61
  • cRPG Player
  • :3
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Remnant
  • Game nicks: mae
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2013, 06:55:30 pm »
+4
Miley had a good idea a while back. Add more waypoints so you can guide yourself around things.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2013, 07:04:35 pm »
+3
Having a couple way points (or even just being able to add one) would be nice. 
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline Vermilion

• Count
  • Renown: 208
  • Infamy: 64
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Vermilion
  • IRC nick: Vermilion
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2013, 08:23:52 pm »
+2
Whilst it would be handy to have waypoints or an autoplan route (like native)

There is a reason it's like this... Quite simply - You need a plan (strategy) for your movement. You have to think of when you're next going to be able to log on and where you can get (safely) in the meantime. If your less active you have to take a slower safer route. If your very active you can keep changing direction to avoid obstacles making you faster.

This stops you from being able to trade by setting a pre-planed route and logging back on 3-4 days later to find you have arrived at your destination. It makes trading more dangerous.

Cliff locations are relatively scarce.. mainly in the center of the map (dhirim area you mentioned) and this stops you from being able to travel from one side of the map to the other in 1 click (along with rivers).

So I can see why this would annoy you (and many others) but hopefully you can see why they are beneficial to strat.

PS - I read on one thread that chadz made it so you Slide along to reduce the likeliness of getting stuck.. With the amount of people you see on these cliffs and rivers this clearly doesn't work.. Was this from a previous strat and got removed or is it just buggy?? I think a sliding option would be better then making them passable (the speed reduction would have to be insane, such a thin line!)

Edit - link for the slide thing Posted by Tomas... but chadz may have been the one to implement it, so i wont change the above :P
« Last Edit: August 23, 2013, 08:33:45 pm by Vermilion »

Offline Haboe

• King
  • Renown: 1090
  • Infamy: 331
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Born with a shield on my back. Difficult birth.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Haboe
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2013, 08:51:39 pm »
+2

You only have to watch it once, after you press walk to". There is that line of where you will move, if it goes trhough a cliff you know you have to take a different route. Pretty simple.