Author Topic: Minor items adjustments  (Read 591 times)

Offline MouthnHoof

• Noble
  • Renown: 14
  • Infamy: 4
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: MouthnHoof
Minor items adjustments
« on: May 12, 2011, 02:17:03 pm »
1. Claymore - it is the new fashion. Its grip point is too low. Move it up by a few cm closer to the cross guard and reduce "reach" accordingly. It will become more slash, same speed, less reach alternative to the German/Danish/war swords. It will also look better when gripped right.

2. 1H Iron war/battle axe - with the reduction of 2H damage, these babies now rival 2H weapons. Yes, they are slightly slower than other 1H weapons, but put out great damage, with a shield bonus and attractive cost. I am surprised they are not used much more.

3. Boar spear - 88 speed ?! come on! it has reach of less than 150. OK it is a cheap spear, but if you took the swing ability away from it (why?), at least give it a speed fitting a medium length light spear. It would be a series of boar -> tassel -> war spear with increasing stats and cost. Alternatively, make it sort of a heavy warspear: i.e. add weight and blunt swing damage (and ability!), but leave thrust as it is (weight does not help in thrust damage). Part of the use for the wings was to slam on the shield, then tilt it when it caught by the wings. Blunt damage between the war spear (19) and Iron staff (23) will be fine and balanced by the much lower speed. Something like:

Boar Spear
weapon length: 145
weight: 2.5
difficulty: 4
speed rating: 92
weapon length: 145
thrust damage: 27 pierce
swing damage: 21 blunt
slots: 2

Offline Lech

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 123
  • Infamy: 348
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: Minor items adjustments
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2011, 02:22:14 pm »
Agree about both claymore and 1h axes. Also, all Long Axes could use damage reduction, they are overused for the reason.

Offline Magikarp

• Baron
  • Renown: 130
  • Infamy: 87
  • cRPG Player
  • Gotta splash em all!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Merciless
  • Game nicks: Magikarp ; Merciless_Charlemagne
  • IRC nick: Magikarp
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2011, 02:44:37 pm »
No one seems to like axes anyway, don't see a reason in nerfing them into nothingness.

I agree that the claymore looks shit atm.
Don't mind the fish.

Offline Lech

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 123
  • Infamy: 348
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2011, 03:07:37 pm »
No one seems to like axes anyway, don't see a reason in nerfing them into nothingness.

I agree that the claymore looks shit atm.

They have anti-shield flag. Some people like them, and will use them anyway.