Poll

Approval

I approve.
I do not approve.
I approve but with some variations, see my reply.

Author Topic: 2h thrust rage thread  (Read 9013 times)

Offline Tydeus

• King
  • Renown: 1422
  • Infamy: 351
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Item re-unbalance guy
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Tydeus
  • IRC nick: Tydeus
Re: 2h thrust rage thread
« Reply #90 on: July 28, 2013, 04:18:18 pm »
I don't understand how this thread hasn't been moved to the realism section. There are certainly non realism based arguments for changing the 2h thrust animation, but none can even be found here.
chadz> i wouldnt mind seeing some penis on my character

Offline Elindor

• King
  • Renown: 1178
  • Infamy: 158
  • Caelitus mihi vires
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Order of the Holy Guard
  • Game nicks: Elindor
« Reply #91 on: July 29, 2013, 04:40:05 pm »
There are quite a few good players who play a lot of different classes (Teeth is probably my favourite). I'm certainly not unique in terms of skill level or class diversity.

Yeah I know, that statement is valid for anyone on that level.
Elindor, Archon of the Holy Guard
Holy Guard Thread :HERE
Banner Shop : HERE // Map Thread : HERE

Offline MrChubbikins

• Noble
  • Renown: 12
  • Infamy: 12
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Neku
« Reply #92 on: August 08, 2013, 09:27:25 pm »
+4
Saul is just pushing his clout and being a dick about it. The fact that 2h can hilt slash all day but 1h can't is really messed up.  There is a reason majority of decent/great players use 2h, its somewhat broken and beats every weapon at its own game. (out reaching most polearms, swings not getting caught on walls ect. hilt slash)

Offline Lethwin Far Seeker

• Earl
  • Renown: 363
  • Infamy: 122
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Ward of Mithrim
  • Game nicks: The House of Tiercel
« Reply #93 on: August 21, 2013, 06:20:30 pm »
+3
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/5/57/De_Fechtbuch_Talhoffer_014.jpg

In otherwords- you are wrong about "double handed swords weren't used like this".  That thrust is all over the manuscripts from every fechtmeister.
However, the halfswording grip (which should be 2h proficiency, not pole) was also used in close quarters but primarily in armoured combat.  The picture also points out that this thrust at such close distance DOES NOTHING contrary to the workings in crpg.

I have raged about 2h more than most and am not defending it's broken mechanics in the least.   I believe if they moved the thrust hitbox to just the point (would make sense no?  you know only be able to stab with the point instead of the whole friggin sword) and nerfed the thrust turn speed like the did for poles then the 2h lolstab would be mostly fixed.  This does would not account for the reach (a retarded animation problem as the original post's screenshot shows) or hilt slashing (another hitbox problem).
« Last Edit: August 21, 2013, 06:28:45 pm by Lethwin Far Seeker »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Tydeus

• King
  • Renown: 1422
  • Infamy: 351
  • Item re-unbalance guy
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Tydeus
  • IRC nick: Tydeus
« Reply #94 on: August 21, 2013, 08:21:53 pm »
+1
I believe if they moved the thrust hitbox to just the point (would make sense no?  you know only be able to stab with the point instead of the whole friggin sword) and nerfed the thrust turn speed like the did for poles then the 2h lolstab would be mostly fixed.
Doesn't work like that. There is no "weapon hitbox". There's a line that gets drawn starting at the hand that extends until it reaches the appropriate weapon length. The base warband client makes this whole thing impossible. It might be possible with WSE2, but that's really complicated and no one but cmp would know how to do that. If it was possible to do in a timely manner, cmp would have done it ages ago, surely.
chadz> i wouldnt mind seeing some penis on my character

Offline Lethwin Far Seeker

• Earl
  • Renown: 363
  • Infamy: 122
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Ward of Mithrim
  • Game nicks: The House of Tiercel
« Reply #95 on: August 21, 2013, 08:51:04 pm »
Doesn't work like that. There is no "weapon hitbox". There's a line that gets drawn starting at the hand that extends until it reaches the appropriate weapon length. The base warband client makes this whole thing impossible. It might be possible with WSE2, but that's really complicated and no one but cmp would know how to do that. If it was possible to do in a timely manner, cmp would have done it ages ago, surely.

As if the devs had lives!  We demand you consume your soul and fix this game NOW!  Thanks for the info.  Makes me sad though.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Palurgee

• Duke
  • Renown: 607
  • Infamy: 87
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: palurgee, brokeback_mountaineer, denarii
  • IRC nick: palurgee
« Reply #96 on: August 21, 2013, 09:49:13 pm »
At fifteen, I had the will to  learn ; at thirty, I could stand ; at forty, I had no  doubts ; at fifty, I understood the heavenly Bidding ;  at sixty, my ears were opened ; at seventy, I could  do as my heart lusted without trespassing from the  square. qq