Author Topic: Lance/1H Cav  (Read 378 times)

Offline Torchy

• Noble
  • Renown: 13
  • Infamy: 36
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Lance/1H Cav
« on: August 17, 2013, 03:27:10 am »
I started a cav that is lance and 1H but it is hard to do alot of damage what is a good build and what equipment should i use for different multipliers

Offline Palurgee

• Duke
  • Renown: 607
  • Infamy: 87
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: palurgee, brokeback_mountaineer, denarii
  • IRC nick: palurgee
Re: Lance/1H Cav
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2013, 06:42:39 am »
+1
I don't know about changing your gear for different multipliers, but as a one-hand hybrid, you'll want lighter armor. One-handers are already slow and weak and wearing more armor only makes them slower. I recommend one of the Surcoats over Mail because it is a good medium-weight armor and offers a lot of leg protection, which is essential for cavalry.

Use the regular Lance as it has the highest pierce damage, solid speed and solid reach.

Pick a good thrusting sword, pick, or mace. One-hand thrust was recently buffed and since you're a hybrid build you'll need every point of non-cut damage you can get. I recommend a side sword, steel pick, or military hammer.

If you're using a shield the Elite Cavalry Shield is your best bet as it only takes up one slot and you need a slot for your sword and two for your lance.

Offline Ronin

• Marshall
  • Renown: 859
  • Infamy: 198
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: Lance/1H Cav
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2013, 09:34:25 am »
He means to be 1h cav not 1h on foot.

You should use a long and high cut damage weapon, like an arabian cavalry sword. But there are other choices if you want too. Morningstar might be a beast if you are getting used to it. As for the lances, use what you like. Consider using great lance from time to time too.

You can change the quality of your armors, depending on the multiplier. But overall, I'd say you need to wear light armor if you do not want to lose too much money.

About the horse, you should know that it is going to be your main weapon. Try not to use the expensive horses, but do not use horses like rouncey too. You need to find a decent horse that is not that so expensive; depending on your riding skill and personal taste.
Quote from: BlindGuy
Seems the fascists are gaining ground once again in UKR... right vving politics is SO bad for the general populace but STILL in times of trouble the uneducated turn to them for help, simply because they are so amoral they vvill supply those vvilling to fight vvith vveapons rather than knovvledge.

My UU key is broken incase you can't tell :D