Author Topic: Suggestion for siedge  (Read 437 times)

Offline Mlekce

• Earl
  • Renown: 454
  • Infamy: 367
  • cRPG Player
  • Remove kebab
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard, ex Byzantium
  • Game nicks: Mlekce, Sergius
  • IRC nick: Mlekce
Suggestion for siedge
« on: August 12, 2013, 12:11:14 pm »
+2
This mode is pretty cool so i would like to suggest some ideas that can improve this mode.

I think that you should make respawn timer dependable on number of players that are in server. It is really hard,or almost impossible to defend the flag if 20-30 players are in servers. Defender spawn of 30 seconds is too much when you have 10-15 people scattered around castle.

Second thing i hate are really big castles,siege usually have 80 players,there are no need for maps that are meant to be used on 200 people server.
It is very hard to capture flag when you need over half of minute to get to flag. I suggest we use some smaller maps,this new ones are too big.

Third thing i would like to see a change is remove cav from eu2 sever. If they were playing normal i wouldn't bitch about it,but they are trying to use horses on small,crowded space and they just team bumb . I know that people use donkeys or rounceys to fast travel,but there are people who use plated horses and ruin fun for everyone. Or at least make a rule that heavy horses on eu2 are forbidden.

Offline Fuma Kotaro

• Marshall
  • Renown: 839
  • Infamy: 220
  • cRPG Player
  • I'm Fubadubbaduma
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Lone Duck
  • Game nicks: Fuma + sth
  • IRC nick: sF_Leonidas
Re: Suggestion for siedge
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2013, 12:50:44 pm »
+4
This mode is pretty cool so i would like to suggest some ideas that can improve this mode.

I think that you should make respawn timer dependable on number of players that are in server. It is really hard,or almost impossible to defend the flag if 20-30 players are in servers. Defender spawn of 30 seconds is too much when you have 10-15 people scattered around castle.

Second thing i hate are really big castles,siege usually have 80 players,there are no need for maps that are meant to be used on 200 people server.
It is very hard to capture flag when you need over half of minute to get to flag. I suggest we use some smaller maps,this new ones are too big.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Third thing i would like to see a change is remove cav from eu2 sever. If they were playing normal i wouldn't bitch about it,but they are trying to use horses on small,crowded space and they just team bumb . I know that people use donkeys or rounceys to fast travel,but there are people who use plated horses and ruin fun for everyone. Or at least make a rule that heavy horses on eu2 are forbidden.

what about donkeys? poor them

Offline Mlekce

• Earl
  • Renown: 454
  • Infamy: 367
  • cRPG Player
  • Remove kebab
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard, ex Byzantium
  • Game nicks: Mlekce, Sergius
  • IRC nick: Mlekce
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2013, 12:55:02 pm »
what about donkeys? poor them

Two heads are smarter then one. Suggest solution to save donkeys.  :mrgreen:
Maybe a rule, just like one don't use pike on horse,don't use heavy horses only donkey,sumpter and rouncey to fast travel.

Offline Fuma Kotaro

• Marshall
  • Renown: 839
  • Infamy: 220
  • cRPG Player
  • I'm Fubadubbaduma
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Lone Duck
  • Game nicks: Fuma + sth
  • IRC nick: sF_Leonidas
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2013, 03:23:29 pm »
Two heads are smarter then one. Suggest solution to save donkeys.  :mrgreen:
Maybe a rule, just like one don't use pike on horse,don't use heavy horses only donkey,sumpter and rouncey to fast travel.

well then we d have to enforce those rules and new rules made by community = parliament = democracy
                                                                                               crpg = donkey + pizza = dictatorship

would be hard to get new rules but we could try

Offline Elindor

• King
  • Renown: 1178
  • Infamy: 158
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Caelitus mihi vires
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Order of the Holy Guard
  • Game nicks: Elindor
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2013, 08:00:43 pm »

- Defense respawn timers being based on the current population of the server is an idea that has been mentioned by myself and others A LOT ....hopefully that can be implemented.

- Big maps are generally not as good for low pop, which is a common problem for NA2, although I have heard that population is NOT a problem on EU, so big maps shouldn't be as much of a problem there. 

- Remove cav from siege?  Good luck :)
Elindor, Archon of the Holy Guard
Holy Guard Thread :HERE
Banner Shop : HERE // Map Thread : HERE