Author Topic: Shortened Military Scythe  (Read 406 times)

Offline Balikar

• Count
  • Renown: 173
  • Infamy: 112
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Moonshine, Cruxton
Shortened Military Scythe
« on: August 11, 2013, 05:54:17 am »
I actually think it may be bugged.  I'm one of the few users of this weapon, and I'm finding that when I get hit in a melee fight, my weapon will often get sheathed.  It was happening over and over, to the point where I thought it was my mouse/keyboard.  I mapped and remapped the weapon equip buttons.  I switched to a longsword, and the problem went away.  Switched back to the scythe, and it returned.  Today I went into duels and sure enough, it would only happen when using that weapon.  Can you look into it?

Offline Macropus

• King
  • Renown: 1668
  • Infamy: 296
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Macropus
Re: Shortened Military Scythe
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2013, 08:30:58 am »
+1
The problem is still your controlls.
You see, when you move your mouse wheel backwards, you sheath your weapon if it can't be used with shield. Longsword can, so it doesn't get sheathed.
So my guess is that you accidently touch your mousewheel when you block or attack with your mouse. You can change your game controls so that wheel doesn't sheath any weapon, this would be helpful.

Offline Balikar

• Count
  • Renown: 173
  • Infamy: 112
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Moonshine, Cruxton
Re: Shortened Military Scythe
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2013, 06:29:05 pm »
The problem is still your controlls.
You see, when you move your mouse wheel backwards, you sheath your weapon if it can't be used with shield. Longsword can, so it doesn't get sheathed.
So my guess is that you accidently touch your mousewheel when you block or attack with your mouse. You can change your game controls so that wheel doesn't sheath any weapon, this would be helpful.

Though nice of you to reply, you missed the part where I said mapped and remapped the keys.  You also didn't see the part where I switch weapons... I'm the constant.  I play the game the same.  If I switch to say, the longsword, or the bastard sword, or any other two hander, it doesn't happen.  I play my one hander, it doesn't happen.  Weapon scrolling would have remained the same, but it didn't because my keys had been remapped.  My playing style didn't make it reoccur.  But even with the remapping, and the scythe equipped (To 'D' and '6')  it would occur.  Again, not with any other weapon. 

Trust me, it boggles my mind as well.  It's my weapon of choice due to the cost of repair, but seeing my hands go up in a block position when I'm actually trying to swing my blade is quite annoying.  In the mean time, the scythe stays in the warehouse. 
« Last Edit: August 11, 2013, 06:37:43 pm by Balikar »