Author Topic: 1h cav tips please?  (Read 312 times)

Offline icecreamcancer

• Peasant
  • Renown: 1
  • Infamy: 3
  • cRPG Player
  • Cold as Ice and Sweet as Sugar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Thunder_Thrush_Cream
1h cav tips please?
« on: August 07, 2013, 10:39:25 pm »
+1
Hello I have started a new char and I'm trying out 1h cav.

I usually play battle on eu1, how should 1h cav play? Should I just go for weak inf and gallop around the map, or get stuck in?

What build is recommended and what equipment should I look at?

Any advice is welcome. :D
Cold as Ice and Sweet as Sugar

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
Re: 1h cav tips please?
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2013, 10:56:27 pm »
Get a lance

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Sorry not 1h cav, can't help you.  Play a lot, try not to go head on vs lancer cav, try to block lancer cav horses (aka rear them) by cutting them off.  I'd recommend riding a highly agile horse (arabian) or an armored horse (padded, barded or large war horse)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline Gurnisson

• King
  • Renown: 1750
  • Infamy: 362
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen
  • Game nicks: SeaRaider_Gurnisson
Re: 1h cav tips please?
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2013, 12:05:02 am »
+2
21/15 (lvl 30)
5 if
7 ps
3 wm
4 shield
5 ath
5 ride

Served me very well. Ton of one-hits, can take a punch and decent on ground. Go for unaware people (preferably ranged) as much as you can. When you deal with aware infantry, outreach the ones you think will try and attack you (change speed on your horse, move to the side, hit at full reach in the head) and bumpslash the ones you believe will try to block. You can tell a lot about what a guy wants to do by his movement and/or if he puts up block or attack. Stay away from the best players if they're aware, you're at a disadvantage on top of your horse.

For lancers, do like Huseby told. Use your shield to guard for his lance (look down to protect your horse) and circle and slash until his horse is dead. When he's on the ground, circle to his back and wait till he's far enough up to be hit in the head, but not far enough to turn around and block your attack (preferably be moving still for extra speed bonus).
I voted Gurnisson cause of his fucking bendy pike, I swear noone can roflcopter stab like he can.