Author Topic: Dracul and Acre reach Peace!  (Read 5249 times)

Offline Relit

• Duke
  • Renown: 574
  • Infamy: 109
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Relit
Re: Dracul and Acre reach Peace!
« Reply #60 on: August 02, 2013, 09:22:07 pm »
+11
(click to show/hide)

A long column of men marched tiredly south, many with battle wounds still somewhat fresh. The 'road' was a dirt path which had seen far too many feet walking on it recently. The smarter of the men walked beside the path, in the grass. A pair of these smart men, at the front of the column, seemed to have a lot to say...

"Back and forth, back and forth! How many times have we marched away from home in the last 4 months?", grumbled Euron Odin-Blessed.

"Too many times. I want ale and a wench. Not stale bread and sores on my feet!" replied Stormcrow Eyebane, as he munched on his recently turned moldy bread chunk.

The two men seemed a odd match. Euron was a honest man, never one to take advantage of anybody, he lets even the most ridiculous merchant talk him up in price. It was as if he hated to bargain in the event that it might seem like he was being unfair. And then Stormcrow, a hunter by trade and used to being alone in the wilderness for months on end. He was not one to normally talk at all. But together these two men composed the entirety of the 'archer brigade' of the Chieftains warband and seemed to get along better than just about everyone else. Except for The Battle-Brothers Surtr and Guiness, those cheating bastards... but that is another story.

"When we get home, first thing I am doing is taking off these boots and sitting down for a entire day. A whole day of sitting, can you imagine that? It will be glorious." Euron continued, while he longingly looked south.

"You will need to burn those boots anyway. Everybody downwind thinks so too." Stormcrow said with a entirely straight face.

"Very funny coming from the guy who has not bathed since... ever? Speaking of wenches, so do you find many a fair maiden out in the wild? I bet you think those deer are even starting to look pretty." Euron replied.

The two men continued this long, pointless conversation the entire way home, through the forest of Narra and into the full brunt of the maddening steppe winds. 

(click to show/hide)

Offline Kalam

• Duke
  • Renown: 697
  • Infamy: 163
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Never do an enemy a small injury.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Linebreakers
  • Game nicks: Cavalieres_Midnighter, Dunsparrow
  • IRC nick: Kalam
« Reply #61 on: August 03, 2013, 01:03:37 am »
+9
So FCC gains a vassal and incorporates another one.  Good deal

We don't have vassals. That's the beauty of the system. I explained it in detail somewhere, I'm sure you could check my posts if you were really curious.

We became what we are because we tried to be vassals, but our masters sucked/washed their hands of us/GTX.

That whole feudal system thing is ineffective in Strategus- it's for that reason that very few (do any? I haven't seen one in a long time) factions still employ it. When's the last time it was successful, Hews-Hews? 2010?

We're not a hegemony, either, because you, of all people, should realize that no other clan looks at FCC and says 'hey I want to be just like them'.

The United States is the easiest example. We're all American, but not everyone is from Oregon or Alabama. The individual clans still control their own members in terms of behavior, admittance, themes, etc.

True, the core clans are hard to distinguish, but that's the effect time has on people who do things together for years.

That's our hope for every clan that adds it's name to our rosters- that we become close enough that I wouldn't mind letting a clanmate babysit my kid or crash at my apartment.

For the record, I view the Frisia/CHAOS/Semenstorm/Occitan alliance as simply that: an alliance of clans with one goal. 

Also, love Dracul. I assume they're just seizing an opportunity. Which is how it should be done, when you don't have the raw numbers.

Offline Sandersson Jankins

• King
  • Renown: 1450
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CSA Apologists
  • Game nicks: fnord
  • IRC nick: "There's always a bigger nerd"- Qui-Gong Jim, Star Trek IV: Electric Boogalo
« Reply #62 on: August 03, 2013, 01:10:46 am »
FCC: Where good clans go to die.

Well, at least Remnant was revitalized and has active folks on Strategus now. When they were their own faction, they kinda stagnated, although before that they had a very interesting run in Strat 4.

Can't say anything else for any other clans (is that what I call sub-factions of FCC? I need to come up with a term besides vassals or bitches since that is not really definitive of their relationship), only because I have not paid much attention to them.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

the administrator of this forum is the Internet Keyboard man? Can only play "authority" in the virtual world?Can you tell me why?

Offline Kalam

• Duke
  • Renown: 697
  • Infamy: 163
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Never do an enemy a small injury.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Linebreakers
  • Game nicks: Cavalieres_Midnighter, Dunsparrow
  • IRC nick: Kalam
« Reply #63 on: August 03, 2013, 01:24:00 am »
+5
FCC: Where good clans go to die.

An interesting thought.

In which case, we are a museum, and each clan within is a wing.

Offline Relit

• Duke
  • Renown: 574
  • Infamy: 109
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Relit
« Reply #64 on: August 03, 2013, 03:56:38 am »
+10
I like that.

I was thinking more of a retirement home though, where each loveable old coot tells you about the good old days and how the world is changing.

Sounds like Raven TS whenever I talk.

Offline HarryCrumb

• Earl
  • Renown: 339
  • Infamy: 68
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: August 03, 2013, 06:47:29 am »
+9
"Back in my day, loom points were worth 100k and I'm darn tootin' sure I ain't payin' a penny more" ~Relit

Offline Zaren

• Count
  • Renown: 162
  • Infamy: 64
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Astralis
  • Game nicks: Zaren_Astralis
  • IRC nick: Zaren
« Reply #66 on: August 03, 2013, 07:47:29 am »
+2
Zaren stood on the walls of walls of bardaq castle, watching CONQUEEFADOR playing jump-rope with a long rope made out of the pubic hair of the dead HoC from that seige a couple weeks ago. She heard rumors of the long seige for the Crusader castle coming to an end through peaceful means. To be honest, she cared little for what happened to the castle, her attention was on Nova Sharwa. She left the "beautiful" view of the endless sand the walls offered her and went inside to continue her plot to ninja sharwa from Sittingbull who was too busy playing with his dick(aka mortal online and fallout or something) to notice anything.

Offline BoneSaw

• Earl
  • Renown: 301
  • Infamy: 88
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Hounds of Chulainn (HoC) Green regime
  • Game nicks: King BoneSaw
  • IRC nick: Glorious Supreme Leader Democratic People's Republic of HoC
« Reply #67 on: August 07, 2013, 08:58:55 pm »
Soft penis.