Author Topic: Defend the Village Squad [EU] (Midweek early morning to midday)  (Read 1204 times)

Offline Niemand

• Count
  • Renown: 210
  • Infamy: 368
  • cRPG Player
  • When have I ever given a fuck?
    • View Profile
    • echstreme.designs
  • Faction: Strat: NPC
  • Game nicks: GSU_GlaucomysDragon
heyo!

Do not know where to post this... so i think here it is fine.

I am looking for people for a DTV-Squad for the EU-DTV-Servers.
Playtime: midweek between 6 and 11 o' clock. (UTC+1 - Middle-European Time)

I need:
- 5 shielders (3 for shieldwall, 2 for reserve) - Shieldskill 5+
- 2 to 3 Archers
- 2 to 3 bihand- or polespammers - that are able to attack without damaging the shieldwall.

People Interested/Signed Up:
- CotgS_Niemand - Archer Gen4/Lvl22, MW Strongbow, planned 180 Archery.
- Warlord_unrated - Polearmer Gen2/Lvl24, Heavy great Long War Axe, planned 21str, 18agi.
- Gondemar (charnames?) - 2hander | polearmer, MW long hafted blade.
- Mushy - Shielder, steelshield/huscarlshield/heavy board shield.
- Templar_Casimir - Shielder, SteelShield, Shield-Skill 6.

Requirements:
- Everybody stays on their spots and follows the plan. There is no raging-around, no killstealing, no playing-the-hero.
- The shieldwall has to stay tight, whatever happens. If enemies get through there is the reserve behind you to kill them.
- No AFKing. - If somebody is found being AFK while being in the group (means inGame on DTV with us, playing out the plan) he will get kicked out of the squad.

Other Informations:
This plan is only for the village. I never really played the Forest-Camp and have no tactics for it.

Contacts:
Here via PM to "Niemand"
In Steam: "illuminu" (aliases: CotgS_caballito de nieve  |  Das Schneepferdchen )
In IRC/Webchat from time to time: CotgS_Niemand
« Last Edit: May 17, 2011, 01:28:31 am by Niemand »
Strategus-Faction: NPC. (More informations via Mail. Include your Username or mail-adress for response.)
Phase/Stage #1: Max-amount of Goods: 50. | Max-Troops: 200.

Offline Spawny

• Count
  • Renown: 152
  • Infamy: 27
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Templar_Spawny
Re: Defend the Village Squad [EU] (Midweek early morning to midday)
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2011, 08:34:12 am »
Great idea, love to participate.

BUT, how are you going to get everyone in DTV? I can spend an hour trying to join 1 of them and never get in.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

The problem is even if you are number 1 in NA you are still only number 467 in EU or the worst in AUS(number 17)

Offline Niemand

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
    • echstreme.designs
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2011, 09:55:59 am »
Playtime: midweek between 6 and 11 o' clock.

sorry, i have to say this time at UTC+1
They're nearly empty at that time. - at least they were 2 - 3 hours ago. ;)

at least they were today at 6 o clock. - and if we do it right... noone of us has to die. :D
Strategus-Faction: NPC. (More informations via Mail. Include your Username or mail-adress for response.)

Offline Spawny

• Count
  • Infamy: 27
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Templar_Spawny
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2011, 10:28:42 am »
sorry, i have to say this time at UTC+1
They're nearly empty at that time. - at least they were 2 - 3 hours ago. ;)

at least they were today at 6 o clock. - and if we do it right... noone of us has to die. :D

Ah, just read the "early morning" part.

Not going to make it then I'm afraid. And your shieldskill requirement for shields doesn't mean a whole lot.
I can have 9 shield skill and bring a buckler or elite cavalry shield. Both break in 2-4 hits from an axe.
Or I can have 4 shield skill with a heavy board shield and stand there laughing at them.
Now, 9 shield skill with a heavy board or steel shield would be a pain to break through :P

Anyway, both the heavy board and steel shield are quite capable of blocking crushthrough weapons. Not sure how they do against the engineers with their great mauls and long mauls though.

The problem is even if you are number 1 in NA you are still only number 467 in EU or the worst in AUS(number 17)

Offline Niemand

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
    • echstreme.designs
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2011, 10:38:01 am »
Searaiders was the farest i got until now... thats why i am looking for a squad.

and yeah, that with the shields could be correct, but i guess shieldskill 5 minimum is enough for the beginning... i can adjust that later, if needed. ;)

Offline Masthuggo

• Noble
  • Renown: 11
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: El_Masthuggo
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2011, 07:40:29 pm »
ARe you thinking of playing tomorrow, tuesday?

Offline Gondemar

• Peasant
  • Renown: 7
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Torayama clan, Ninja, ex-Shogunate, ex-Pecores
  • Game nicks: Torayama_Munemori (main) ; Satsujin_the_Unseen ; Gondemar_the_Fat
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2011, 08:29:01 pm »
Might be interested, and possibly available, if you play on EU server (I understood you do).

PM me your steam ID if you wan't. I have a 2 hander, or a polearm guy (MW long hafted blade, which might be better because of the reach) if you want. Done several good rounds with well organized teams, got to engineers. Might have done one or two team hits hitting between shielders, but I'm not even sure, and if so I think they moved ; anyway, I'm quite carefull with my hits.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2011, 08:31:19 pm by Gondemar »

The Way of the Samurai is found in death ; Torayama Clan
                          Munemori's armory

Offline Mushy

• Count
  • Infamy: 28
  • cRPG Player
  • For the Tea!
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: MUSCHI
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2011, 08:37:02 pm »
I would like to take part.

I have a shielder in the making who will have a steel shield, husc, and heavy board shield with reasonable armour, he should be done in about a week or so.

I also have a 2H guy, whom I can use if we are low on spammers, or vice versa with shield.

Add Reeves789 on steam.

Offline Niemand

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
    • echstreme.designs
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2011, 11:14:32 pm »
ARe you thinking of playing tomorrow, tuesday?

maybe. will see if i am up then. ;)

but before starting the SQUAD i will need to brief you. ;)
« Last Edit: May 16, 2011, 11:18:51 pm by Niemand »

Offline Casimir

• King
  • Renown: 1756
  • Infamy: 271
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The Dashing Templar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Templar
  • Game nicks: Templar_Casimir
  • IRC nick: Casimir
« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2011, 11:50:25 pm »
Sign me up for shielder ATM. Go SS 6 and a nice steel shield.

Will be going polearm next gen though so hopefully we can do this before i retire. :P
Turtles

Offline Elmiro

• Peasant
  • Renown: 3
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2011, 12:41:39 am »
Hello Niemand,
I played DTV several times, and if I may, I will give you some advice:

The following

- 5 shielders (3 for shieldwall, 2 for reserve) - Shieldskill 5+
- 2 to 3 Archers
- 2 to 3 bihand- or polespammers - that are able to attack without damaging the shieldwall.
is not the best team to have good results: in this gamemode archers are almost useless, and shielders too.

I am talking about the stong enemies, because those from 1(peasants) to 5 (searaiders) are very easy to defeat, you can even just charge.

Rohirric riders/marksmen/knights are still quite weak, but you need to camp the ruins.
With the Vitez it becomes quite difficult: you can't go out the ruins because they are good crossbowmen,and most of them have heavy armour and GL Bardiche.
Sexy, and following enemies are only possible to defeat if you have a good team.

Also, remember that on a public server your team will probably be not alone, there will be leechers and noobs, that will increase the number of bots.

The strategy my team used, that made us win several times against the Vitez, is to have a full polearmers/flambergers group, that stand in a semi-circle inside the ruins, with reserve troops behind them; kill the enemies that come inside and don't charge, except to kill the enemies who are stuck.
You have to focus on the main entrance to the ruins, because the bots won't come from behind or from the ladder, unless some of your soldiers stand there and lure them in.

If you want to win, however, DTV will not be just free XP and gold, because you need to use heavy armour and weapons.

btw if you want I will join your group, if you find also other people.

Offline Niemand

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
    • echstreme.designs
« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2011, 01:18:10 am »
i know what men I need, no worries.

I dont like the ruins...
I dont like the roof...
and I dont really like the tower.
There is one more spot I am planning to use. with only one entry and place for 2 archers. Its very tiny and cramped, maybe... but thats why i can work with "only" around 7 people.

"Archers are useless"? Well, sire... we had 3 dead people every round. None of them were in our -not even briefed- group. And I, as an archer, made 60 kills without dying. - And I am not even one of the best archers. But yes. Archers are useless... unless they are defended by shielders. If there are shielders then archers are really useful.
You have to play in a team to have some good fun... and your team has to know what it does. ;)

But Thanks for your advice and, if you want, you are welcome to join us. ;)

Ah and for all: If wanted we can use my teamspeak-server. But i have to get used to speak english again, so i will sound funny and stutter around like somebody with a braindamage. I did not really speak english the last few years... since I've been in australia.
Listening to it wont be a problem, as long as it is spoken clear and not too fast. (I enjoy to watch movies in english :D)