Author Topic: Transfer Window (Football)  (Read 279 times)

Offline Strudog

• Marshall
  • Renown: 922
  • Infamy: 361
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • A Dog
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Britfag
  • Game nicks: Strudog
Transfer Window (Football)
« on: July 24, 2013, 04:30:08 pm »
+1
Im not the biggest football fan but this years transfer window has really caught my attention

What are people thinking at the moment with big names linked to various clubs.

Suarez ------> Arsenal

I think a potential move to Arsenal is on the cards, with Arsenal enacting a clause in Suarez's contract, and ive just seen news that he wants to speak to Arsenal. With Arsenal able to pay him wages of 150k a week and the privilege of playing in the Champions league make it a very easy move for Suarez. But the only reason it might not happen is that if Liverpool lose Suarez they have no one to replace him and thus will sink down lower in the Premier League rankings.

Bale ------> Real Madrid or United

I believe the former is the most probable for Bale as Tottenham will not want to sell him to a club they will encounter often, rumours have been flying about in a Spanish newspaper that he has agreed terms of £8 million pounds a year on a 6 year contract and that he has told Spurs that he wants to leave. Somewhat a bit out of the blue i believe that it wont happen this season but next season where Real have the potential of losing Ronaldo to the big spending clubs. But in my view rather unrealistic this season.

Rooney -------> Chelsea or Arsenal

I think the former will be the one Rooney chooses as a club that will probably suit him more and has a desire to join that club, Chelsea are very interested, but are these the famous Mind games Mourinhio i splaying? For the Latter Rooney has expressed if he dose,nt move to Chelsea that he would be open to join Arsenal, but id Arsenal land Suarez then i do not think Arsenal would want him. The only thing standing in the way for Rooney is Moyes, although i believe he will be a rather weak manager for Man U, he might tempt him to stay. My Final verdict is 50/50 on whether he will stay or go, hard to tell.

Fabregas -------> Manchester United

With him reaching his dreams of playing for the Barcelona side i believe he is a not going to end up in Manchester, firstly because Fabregas and Barca have both expressed that he is not for sale and the Moyes is just clutching at thin air at the moment , and also the clause that Arsenal have first pick whether Fabregas is sol form Barca, it would be stupid for the Gunners to not jump at the opportunity and especially see him sold to the Reds.

Soldado --------> Spurs

A potential move if Bale goes to Real Madrid for the £85 million Madrid say they will pay, but its looks like Spurs are sure Bale will stay and that Soldado's asking price is a little too much. A non mover for me.

Lastly i would like to see your Premier League winners predicitons:

Mine is Arsenal if they land Suarez, but if not Manchester City. Man U will flop under Moyes, and the only redeeming factor would be if Van Persie plays well.
This is the internet.
Men are men
Women are men
Little girls are FBI agents.
Those are the rules no?

Offline Paul

• Developer
  • Renown: 1879
  • Infamy: 442
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • ball bounce boss
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: Urist
Re: Transfer Window (Football)
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2013, 04:41:16 pm »
I doubt that Bayol is going to Madrid this saison. RM had the most sensible transfers in this window since years with getting young Spanish talents and no "superstar get no matter if he fits the system or not". The monkey boy would really fuck that up.