Author Topic: Beginer armor  (Read 976 times)

Offline Allmoz

• Peasant
  • Renown: 8
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Beginer armor
« on: July 18, 2013, 06:07:30 pm »
+6
Hello. I just recently started playing and already read both beginer guides and the solid builds thread to know what should I be aiming to when it comes to stats alocation. However I found very little information about what armour tier is a good choice for a new character.

From what I read you have to pay repair costs for equip starting at certain level, so its not a good idea to rush buy the highest tier of armor asap.

Im just starting, and im trying a 1h/shield build. My current level is 13, with 12/6 stats. What do you guys recomend as a decent beginer armour? What should I be aiming for? If you could give me some weapon advice It would be apreciated to, currently using a cheap Falchion cause im not really good at stabbing.

Thanks in advance.

Offline Daunt_Flockula

• Marshall
  • Renown: 870
  • Infamy: 71
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook
  • Step aside peasants!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Pixel Paladins
  • Game nicks: Cock_Blockula Kunt_Blockula Daunt_Flockula
Re: Beginer armor
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2013, 06:29:11 pm »
+3
I advise using something between Lamellar Vest and Light Kuyak (the lower the better for not suffering from high upkeep). You can complement it with Mail Mittens and a pair of Leather Greaves. Have at least 4 points invested in Iron Flesh (achievable at 12 STR) to back you up as well. With skill, this level of medium armor can get you going and you won't have to pay more than you earn to upkeep.

Offline Falka

• King
  • Renown: 1257
  • Infamy: 423
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2013, 06:52:54 pm »
+1
If you could give me some weapon advice It would be apreciated to, currently using a cheap Falchion cause im not really good at stabbing.

1h without stabbing - elite scimitar or military cleaver. Especially military - or its cheaper version; soldiers - cleaver is good choice. As a shield - heavy round or brown lion heater shield. These items even at +0 are really decent. And I would pick mail shirt with fur - decent, nice looking, light - which is importat for shielder - armor and its also really cheap. This set will let you earn plenty of gold.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Macropus

• King
  • Renown: 1668
  • Infamy: 296
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Macropus
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2013, 07:02:26 pm »
+3
In general, keep your total gear cost below 30000 and you will not lose money in the long run.

Offline Jarold

• Marshall
  • Renown: 987
  • Infamy: 142
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • "Always wear more armor than the guy next to you."
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarold
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2013, 08:41:03 pm »
+2
Some body armor like a Mail Hauberk, hand armor would optimally be mail mittens but if you want to save as much money as possible leather gloves. Head armor could be a Skullcap or Nordic Fighter Helmet. Your leg armor really isn't too important so just go with rus shoes or leather boots.

Your weapons and shield should be your main priority though. Your armor is pretty much useless if you can't make use of your first defence, shields and weapons.

Offline Allmoz

• Peasant
  • Renown: 8
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2013, 08:45:12 pm »
+3
Thanks for the advice guys, gonna try it out later at night and see how it goes.

I know armour is not super important in a mod like this, but at least not getting 1 shotted should help me stay alive long enough to improve my swordplay. Also, any other tips you guys wouldn't mind sharing would be very much apreciated.

Offline Jarold

• Marshall
  • Renown: 987
  • Infamy: 142
  • "Always wear more armor than the guy next to you."
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarold
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2013, 08:52:29 pm »
+1
If you are looking to improve in the mod then go play siege instead of battle. Much more forgiving, oh yeah and more fun! You could even go onto the Native singleplayer and fight bots in the arena. Just crank up the combat speed and combat AI and it should help you.

Offline Elindor

• King
  • Renown: 1178
  • Infamy: 158
  • Caelitus mihi vires
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Order of the Holy Guard
  • Game nicks: Elindor
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2013, 09:00:05 pm »
+1
Welcome Allmoz!

Yeah, siege and battle are fun for different reasons - both have a lot of good players in them, but some siege might be a good idea for you right now because in siege because of the respawns and tighter quarters you generally get more fighting time and you can use that to progress your skills and practice things.  But play both, that's the best way imho.

What these guys are saying is true - generally try out some medium armor.  Heraldic mail, Brigandine over Mail, etc.  As you learn more you might want to go heavier or lighter depending on what you like and what feels right to you.  Of course, the heavier armor you wear, the more expensive it will be (and slow you down some).

Good luck and let us know if we can help you with any other questions.
Elindor, Archon of the Holy Guard
Holy Guard Thread :HERE
Banner Shop : HERE // Map Thread : HERE

Offline Templar_Steevee

• Duke
  • Renown: 613
  • Infamy: 128
  • cRPG Player
  • Pew-pew for victory!!!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Templar
  • Game nicks: Templar_Steevee, Templar_catchArabbit, Gangtroll
« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2013, 11:59:39 am »
Try out weapons with knock down. IMO those weapons are just op at least becauwe they are not unballanced...
Archer forever :D

Offline sjarken

• Baron
  • Renown: 112
  • Infamy: 17
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Sjarken
  • IRC nick: Sjarken
« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2013, 09:13:17 pm »
Hello. I just recently started playing and already read both beginer guides and the solid builds thread to know what should I be aiming to when it comes to stats alocation. However I found very little information about what armour tier is a good choice for a new character.

From what I read you have to pay repair costs for equip starting at certain level, so its not a good idea to rush buy the highest tier of armor asap.

Im just starting, and im trying a 1h/shield build. My current level is 13, with 12/6 stats. What do you guys recomend as a decent beginer armour? What should I be aiming for? If you could give me some weapon advice It would be apreciated to, currently using a cheap Falchion cause im not really good at stabbing.

Thanks in advance.

There is a lot of different shielder builds posted, copy one of those.
As for repair costs on siege i run with Max 25k repair costs. (Shown on inventory at c-rpg)
Battle i use 32k Max repair costs.
If u play dtv use the same as in siege.

What wep and shield to use? Find out what suits you then add armor until u reach the Max costs.
Note: I allways use same amount of armor on head, feet and chest works like a dream.

U can vary you armor sets to what multi you are running on. X1light, x3 med, x5 heavy(32k Max repair)

Gl hf

Offline bavvoz

• Earl
  • Renown: 323
  • Infamy: 27
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Bavvo
« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2013, 04:39:29 am »
As ur weapon is unloomed i would really advise u to use a blunt weapon

Offline MURDERTRON

• King
  • Renown: 1337
  • Infamy: 428
    • View Profile
  • Faction: TRUMP / WEST 2020
« Reply #11 on: July 22, 2013, 04:46:29 am »
Since you're shielding, I would advise you stick with light to medium armor.  Heavy armor slows down your attack speed, and if you're shielding, your shield should be taking most of the punishment, not your body.
▀█▀▒█▀█▒█▒█▒█▒▒▒█▒█▀█▒▒█▀█▒█▀█▒█▀█▒█▀█▒█
▒█▒▒█▄█▒█▒█▒██▒██▒█▄█▒▒▄▄█▒█▒█▒▄▄█▒█▒█▒█
▒█▒▒█▀▄▒█▄█▒█▒█▒█▒█▒▒▒▒█▄▄▒█▄█▒█▄▄▒█▄█▒▄